The Falkirk FC Thread

Pretty poor so far in all honesty. Clyde started the better team and have looked a lot more impressive than I thought they would be. We’re getting a lot of joy in the channels and we should be looking to get their 2 immobile centre backs turned at any opportunity.

Leon McCann coming on at half time should help give us more going forward as neither Mackie or Williamson have offered anything in that sense so far.

11 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I still think Mackie is better in the middle of the back line. Doesn’t give us as much going forward as McCann.

Three at the back might be an option later on in the season, Mackie not used much as out ball from the back too at left back 

Well that was rank but winning ugly is the sign of a good team. Gary Oliver won't do for me, constantly finds himself too deep or out wide nowhere near the goal. He got an absolute gift today in the second half from their keeper and failed to lob it over Mclean. Alegria showed some promise when he came on, attacked that near post header really well and was unlucky to lose his footing a few times after good touches. 

Still at least two players to come in so hopefully they'll sort our lack of attacking threat. Morrison again missing the final touch, head down and just fire it straight at the keeper.

Edited by FFC 1876

Pretty flat performance in all honesty and Clyde would have scored with a decent striker. However we’ve got the result required and that’s the key thing at this stage.

It’s now absolutely vital that the board give John every penny of the additional prize money to bring in more quality in attacking positions.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

56 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Well that was rank but winning ugly is the sign of a good team. Gary Oliver won't do for me, constantly finds himself too deep or out wide nowhere near the goal. He got an absolute gift today in the second half from their keeper and failed to lob it over Mclean. Alegria showed some promise when he came on, attacked that near post header really well and was unlucky to lose his footing a few times after good touches. 

Still at least two players to come in so hopefully they'll sort our lack of attacking threat. Morrison again missing the final touch, head down and just fire it straight at the keeper.

Morrison is infuriating as f**k all to often he makes the wrong choice of pass, runs into traffic or just loses possession, his final product leaves a lot to be desired aswell. I actually think he's regressed as a player. 

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Morrison is infuriating as f**k all to often he makes the wrong choice of pass, runs into traffic or just loses possession, his final product leaves a lot to be desired aswell. I actually think he's regressed as a player. 

Too many still worship the ground he walks on. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Each to their own opinion but I don’t think Oliver is a bad player. Granted he might not be an out and out striker but he holds the ball up well and doesn’t waste much. I’d like to see how he would get on up front with Alegria or another striker.

The most wasteful player in our side when it comes to chances is by far Callumn Morrison, one on one he is bloody hopeless and his final ball is mince. I would like to see how Oliver would fair in comparison to Morrison if given the same amount of chances in a game.

Guest Ecosse83

Can’t complain finishing above Hibs and Morton. Hopefully some of our injuries clear up for next week and add another player. 

Lets push the boat out and let Mcglynn sign a few more especially with the extra funds we have earned. 

Seen a lot of people mention the extra money we will get from progressing in the cup and how that should get giving to Mcglynn. Even though I would love for Mcglynn to be given the extra funds aren’t we all forgetting the statements put out by the board at the start of the season staying that we need to raise an extra £200,000-£300,000 this year. Surely the money from the ‘cup run’ will be used to offset our deficit.