The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

FYI, 6 yellows and a one game suspension only applies for the first 18 matches, then it changes to 12 yellows and two games.

See P. 137: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/9962/sfa_jpp-2022-23_digital-jan23-update.pdf

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Neither is suspended. Once you get past match 18 without getting 6 bookings, you need to get 12 for a suspension. The disciplinary pdf is till being issued to clubs although they've not published it publicly.

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

May 9/10

May 13

if we win, then

May 16/17

May 20/21

not sure why they are 2 sets of dates

IMG_2418.jpeg

These are just a guide though, not confirmed. The semi final dates will likely be correct with 9th almost certainly 1st leg unless for some reason the home team prefers / has to play on the Wednesday.

Fair chance tv will move the final dates by a day or two. BBC Alba will cover presumably.

21 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Next year's season ticket prices announced.

Early bird remains and U12's free tickets continue for another 2-years.

Overall I think it’s reasonable that ticket prices are increasing significantly.  Clearly the club’s costs will be up and that has to be reflected in season ticket and gate prices. I’m a bit surprised that the increase is above inflation (10.4% v by my maths 12% for South stand adult and 13% for main stand adult potentially for league 1 football).

The only comment I would make is that I think it will now be incredibly difficult to increase FSS numbers to anything like the extent desired given this level of increase. I also think the concession increase is a bit steep at roughly 25%. Looks to be even higher for under 18 tickets(26-28%), which I suspect will be unaffordable for many.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

34 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The only comment I would make is that I think it will now be incredibly difficult to increase FSS numbers to anything like the extent desired given this level of increase. I also think the concession increase is a bit steep at roughly 25%. Looks to be even higher for under 18 tickets(26-28%), which I suspect will be unaffordable for many.

I think you are wrong, they have been very clever offering the pay per month option only to FSS members, I can see there being an uptake for this reason. 

Edited by Believe The Hype
Got rid of the bumf

I'm not a season ticket holder but I am in FSS. The chance to pay for my season ticket on a monthly basis is very tempting. It will be interesting if that benefit is enough to entice people to join FSS in light of the price rises.

Guest Caractacus Potts
42 minutes ago, Baggio said:

I'm not a season ticket holder but I am in FSS. The chance to pay for my season ticket on a monthly basis is very tempting. It will be interesting if that benefit is enough to entice people to join FSS in light of the price rises.

Not sure it will entice people to join FSS in light of price rises as will cost an extra £120/year? Could be an option for current members, like yourself, to buy an ST though. 

Season ticket prices going up seems sensible although agree with @Blame Meregarding the steep incline for students. If anything that should be a slightly smaller increase and not significantly more. 

Think the club have got this about right, I actually expected prices to be increased more than they have considering not only the current inflation levels but the fact prices have been frozen for 4 years now and inevitably would needed to have went up eventually regardless of the abnormally high inflationary pressures the club currently face. The ability to pay over 12 months I think is a pretty clever tool as well and will hopefully both entice a few extra members to the FSS / also help soften the burden of the price rises for those that need it. Did not expect both the early bird offer and free under 12’s to be kept on either but obviously quite happy they have found a way to continue these initiatives so all in all I’m quite pleased, hopefully most fans feel the same and we get a good take up in response.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest FFC1965

An increase of 10% - 15% on STs feels about right.  Im a FFS member and ST holder - looks like a no brainer to go to monthly payment for ST. 

I've got sympathy for the hike in concession prices with one caveat -   

Id support the withdrawal of the concession for over 65s - especially if it went hand in hand with a lower increase (or freeze) in ST prices for other concessions. 

The State Pension just went up by nearly £1,000 pa and the weight of evidence shows that poverty among those over State pension Age (66 now) is much lower than the population at large -> https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN07096/SN07096.pdf

Its a thorny issue mind as its never easy to back out of these things once established.   Nobody needs to claim it of course but human nature is such that you can bet that 99%+ do.  

Before you ask, Im 58 and have paid full whack for a ST for nudging 30 (edit - 40!) years so Im close-ish to the age 65 concession.       

Finally three thoughts from last night -

1.  the Montrose goalie looked tiny

2.  is the Montrose mascot really a beaver?

3.  How brilliant are they going to be with Ryan Williamson :)    

Edited by FFC1965

Difficult times for lots of people so increasing pricing whilst understandable is never easy to swallow. I guess they have been static for four years and the club are offering an incentive to join FSS or FFF by spreading costs will help. 
Just have to see how fans respond. ProMotion and a cup final will boost numbers for sure no matter the price. 

Agreed it had to happen and the rise whilst always painful looks about right. After years of holding off on rises it seems every club is doing the same in 2023 - golf memberships, season tickets, anything sport related at the same time. 

11 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

An increase of 10% - 15% on STs feels about right.  Im a FFS member and ST holder - looks like a no brainer to go to monthly payment for ST. 

I've got sympathy for the hike in concession prices with one caveat -   

Id support the withdrawal of the concession for over 65s - especially if it went hand in hand with a lower increase (or freeze) in ST prices for other concessions. 

The State Pension just went up by nearly £1,000 pa and the weight of evidence shows that poverty among those over State pension Age (66 now) is much lower than the population at large -> https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN07096/SN07096.pdf

Its a thorny issue mind as its never easy to back out of these things once established.   Nobody needs to claim it of course but human nature is such that you can bet that 99%+ do.  

Before you ask, Im 58 and have paid full whack for a ST for nudging 30 years so Im close-ish to the age 65 concession.       

Finally three thoughts from last night -

1.  the Montrose goalie looked tiny

2.  is the Montrose mascot really a beaver?

3.  How brilliant are they going to be with Ryan Williamson :)    

Difficult one as while I’m sure some over 65s could afford to pay full price, others will be struggling. Perhaps the club could promote paying full price for those who can.

Only real objection I have is to the 26%+ increase for under 18s. I hope there will be a rethink of this as it’s a big jump for an age group who are vital to the future of the club.

40 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Difficult one as while I’m sure some over 65s could afford to pay full price, others will be struggling. Perhaps the club could promote paying full price for those who can.

Only real objection I have is to the 26%+ increase for under 18s. I hope there will be a rethink of this as it’s a big jump for an age group who are vital to the future of the club.

£5.33 per game for the KM stand I think is a more than fair price. If this is 26% up then the price before was way too cheap at under £4/game. 

Back to the play offs ... trying to work out what holidays I might need.

Semis are straight forward, finish 2nd and 2nd leg at home.

For the final, 1st leg at home if we play the Championship club...

What happens if 4th in league 1 beats the Championship club? Do they take the place of the championship club and get the 2nd leg at home or would finishing higher in our league take precedence for 2nd leg home advantage?