The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

More than likely.... Doing something about it is another matter hopefully. 

They are a big side, like most in that league. 

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’d expect Williamson to play based on Mcglynn’s comments yesterday 

Williamson has a better cross than Rowe, but defensively not sure there’s much in it. Only issue/decision McGlynn has, does he keep faithful with Rowe as an ever present during Williamson's injuries but like many players hit a poor run of form, or gives Williamson a starting berth on based on his positive displays in the last two appearances?

26 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Surely we aren’t going to play the diamond on that size of park? I’d imagine he’ll go to his tried and tested but then again I thought he’d do that yesterday and I was wrong. 

Park’s the same size as ours. I don’t think he’ll play the diamond regardless though.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Big fan of Hendo looking to hit the back post as soon as we get into crossing positions btw.

My favourite part of yesterday was the big grin on Hendo’s face just as Williamson’s cross reached him because he knew he was going to score!

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Park’s the same size as ours. I don’t think he’ll play the diamond regardless though.

TFS is a couple of yards wider than Hampden, but Hampden is 5 yards longer. In terms of actual pitch area, Hampden is bigger, but not by a lot.

58 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

TFS is a couple of yards wider than Hampden, but Hampden is 5 yards longer. In terms of actual pitch area, Hampden is bigger, but not by a lot.

They’re both 105x68m. What’s your source?

We’re going to struggle regardless of the size of the pitch I think!

On 22/04/2023 at 18:45, Balde Bairn said:

You’re not bad because of 18-minutes today, you’re bad because you’re bad. With our resources Airdrie just shouldn’t be competitive with us. If we lose you can come here and gloat all you want. It won’t change that it’ll be an embarrassment if we lose though.

Brilliant. 😂♦️

9 hours ago, Hughsie said:

They’re both 105x68m. What’s your source?

We’re going to struggle regardless of the size of the pitch I think!

Last time I measured TFS pitch! I am old Skool, and used imperial. There are only two unknowns that need measured. 1) From the quarter arc by the corner flag to the 18 yard line, and 2) from the centre circle arc to the 10 yard arc outside the 18 yard box. TFS measurement gave 79 yards wide, and 110 yards long. TFS 1) 23 yards (so 22 + 10 +23 x 2 = 110) 2) 16.5 yards (so 1 +16.5 +22 x 2 = 79). It was measured for a Matchday programme.

Very accurate way of doing it when you only have a 1930s 75 ft tape measure.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

45 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Last time I measured TFS pitch! I am old Skool, and used imperial. There are only two unknowns that need measured. 1) From the quarter arc by the corner flag to the 18 yard line, and 2) from the centre circle arc to the 10 yard arc outside the 18 yard box. TFS measurement gave 79 yards wide, and 110 yards long. TFS 1) 23 yards (so 22 + 10 +23 x 2 = 110) 2) 16.5 yards (so 1 +16.5 +22 x 2 = 79). It was measured for a Matchday programme.

Very accurate way of doing it when you only have a 1930s 75 ft tape measure.

Checks pretty close with various sources, 109 x 79 yards, or ~100 x 72 m for TFS.

Hampden is shown as 105 x 70 m.

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ding, ding, ding…winner, winner.

So, back to the reason for the visit, is there any talk of JMcG looking at perhaps recruiting Spencer from Raith, and what’s the word on keepers for next year, because our top two are out of contract, I’m the suspicious type, and I understand the keeper situation at TFS is unsettled.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Checks pretty close with various sources, 109 x 79 yards, or ~100 x 72 m for TFS.

Hampden is shown as 105 x 70 m.

Ding, ding, ding…winner, winner.

Don’t know where you’re getting those dimensions from but you’re wrong.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

…but JMcG’s flavor of pish…

Your number 1 cost us a cup final and number 2 a play off. No danger they will be back with us