The Falkirk FC Thread

Yeah, I was hoping for a wee miracle, and we would break the five figure barrier. The one thing for sure is that were we to win next Saturday, we would certainly rocket beyond 10,000 for the final even if everyone felt it would be no more than a ritual slaughter.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yeah, I was hoping for a wee miracle, and we would break the five figure barrier. The one thing for sure is that were we to win next Saturday, we would certainly rocket beyond 10,000 for the final even if everyone felt it would be no more than a ritual slaughter.

All things considered and the horrid four years we’ve endured including “ Deans last supper” it’s probably a wee miracle we’ve got these numbers so far. 

1 hour ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Any boozers in Falkirk open early doors this Sat? 

Cheerz 08.599

Its a busy week ahead folks, starting woth the Monday club with Mark.
This Saturday pub opens at 9am for the Falkirk v Inverness game, 3 buses leave at 1030 folks. A wee celebration with a breakfast roll and a pint for only a £5.
Falkirk game ko at 1215 followed by a wee singsong in the afternoon at 3pm.  Followed by cabaret from Mr Monday Club - Mark Speirs at 5pm. The amazing Kathryn takes over at 830 and we will finish off with another singsong.
Sunday = Karaoke at 5pm
COYB!

Edited by Springfield

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Big summer ahead regardless of what league we're in and of course the result on Saturday will also affect what our budget looks like next year. 

Safe to say Martin, Watson, Sneddon, McGuffie, Hetherington & Malcolm won't be offered new deals and then there's Williamson we already know is gone. I'd imagine Watson leaving will free up a fair bit of wages given how desperate we were when he signed. 

Kinnear & Rowe are out of contract with their respective clubs so maybe a chance of us signing them.

PJ Morrison won't stick around to play second fiddle which is a shame as I actually rate him over Kinnear. Had the howler at Darvel but other than that I can't really think of many other goals he conceded this season that he should have done better with.

Would bite your hand off for wee Max back on loan again as he's a class above. Then you've got McGinn, Lawal, Oliver & Burrell who all have the option of another year. 

Then we've got the youngsters we signed last summer who will most likely end up in the development team if we get that up and running this summer. Lennon Walker got young player of the year at Bo'ness scoring 13 goals in the league so far this season, Honeyman has played near enough every game for the shire this season which at 16/17 is some going, Kyle Connolly also played a good number of games for the shire this season and then there's Pearse Carroll who I'd forgot about as he's not been in any matchday squads for a fair bit.

Only Cup Tie posts allowed. f**k off with this boring pish for now 

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m looking forward to Saturday a lot more than I was 5 days ago. Flag looked out, bus booked and tables reserved at pub. Happy days.

Did you have to ring your knickers out? 😉

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

5⃣ days to go...

Over 8,000 Bairns are going to Hampden on Saturday!

🎟️ Less than 50 tickets remain in the North Stand, with the West Stand selling quickly. Tickets remain available to purchase in the South Stand.

👉 https://ticket.falkirkfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/7zVaP1bn3J

Anyone know what sections are on sale in the south and west stands? Last I heard it was P3 & B5

4 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Where are the pre match pints being partaken in Glasgow?  We’ve usually gone to Clockwork but I’m not sure it’ll be open before the game.

We've always went to the Florida Park Bar, just down from mount Florida and not far from stadium. Beer garden as well not that it will be too sunny mind you. 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would fit the lone striker role better than Jordan Allan but I think we could do better than him. Suppose he can also play out wide but it would be a step down from Burrell.

How's Dowds faring at Partick? Doesn't seem to be getting much of a look in unless he's injured.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would fit the lone striker role better than Jordan Allan but I think we could do better than him. Suppose he can also play out wide but it would be a step down from Burrell.

I actually think that Burrell's better at the lone striker role than we give him credit for. Obviously his game's more about the ball over the top but he's strong and has a good touch and control. Oliver's passing's better though and he links things better with the wingers which is why McGlynn probably favours him.

I don't think Burrell will be here next season which is a shame because I think he's a cracking player.

13 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Feeling a Matthew Wright winner writing himself into Navy Blue folklore and this thread to be littered with apology after apology on Saturday night

P.S I may have been off work today

Off work and on the bevvy, presumably...

4 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I see Ayr United have released their new O'Neils strips home strip for next season. I wonder if ours will be released soon? Would have been good marketing to have it out before the semi.

Ayrs is absolutely honking.

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ayrs is absolutely honking.

And their strip isn't very nice either. 

Seconding the question for pre match pints venue? I only stay around a mile from Hampden but naturally want to attend wherever will be most boisterous and levels of NBP at their highest 

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Nah mate. I’m wfh almost permanently now so wear f**k all on my bottom half.

Don’t think my work will want their chair back mind you.

I know where they can get you a new one 😉