The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

We always fluff our lines don't we?

Not in the least confident as we have lost our way at the wrong time of the season and our defence are not playing well at all. Hope we can keep in it till Saturday 

Thanks Higgenarse.  I knew you cared xx

22 hours ago, Rugster said:

I don’t know if there is or was an actual official thing you do to retire a number, but at the time it was understood it wouldn’t be used again and his jersey was framed and hung on the wall in the stadium. It wasn’t where it is now from memory. It may have been in the dressing room, I can’t remember but it wasn’t in the tunnel where it is now when I worked there. 

There isn't. You would just choose not to use it. It would be up to the club to just not issue it.

I've got no skin in the game here but even I knew it was generally known Falkirk wouldn't use it again and there's been lots of publicity about why Arfield wears it over the years. It's an understandable but disappointing error I'm sure that it accidentally was issued. Without knowing the formal process that Falkirk may or may not use for numbering, it would potentially be an easy mistake to make depending on who is involved and how long they've been doing it. With us the responsibility to notify the SPFL of a squad number issued is mine. At the start of the season the manager will decide who is getting what number in his initial squad. As the season goes on and players leave / others come in, the issue of new numbers, particularly if to a young player called up from the Reserve squad is generally left to me and the kitman to decide between us, largely based on next available number that he actually has in stock. We don't have any retired numbers but ultimately only the two of us are usually involved in deciding (unless the player has made a special request for a particular number) so it wouldn't be difficult for something to be missed if people were new to the role.

13 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/gary-bowyer-set-dundee-exit-29928326

So, Hearts sack Burley when they are top of the league.

Queen's Park emptied McKinnon after winning them promotion.

Dundee unimpressed with Bowyer winning them promotion and happy to let him go.

But if we don't get promoted via the play-offs we should still keep McGlynn on?

It appears that the big mistake that McKinnon and Bowyer made was actually winning their leagues, if they had just failed they might still have a job. 🤔😋

And before the reddies start flying in, I am desperate for McGlynn to get the job done and get us promoted, I want him to be a success and take charge of us in the Championship.

Well if you ask most Dundee fans on their opinion they won’t be sad to see him go. He won the league on a very small points tally considering the resources Dundee have. Ayr came second to give you an idea how weak the championship has been. 

McGlynn must stay. Just one summer, please, as I’ve heard he’s ready to take a few of our perma-crocks off our hands on nice big contracts! 😂

Edited by Enigma