The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Usually comments from the manager on a story of a player signing - interesting there is nothing. 

Technically he's not signed yet - that can't happen until the transfer window officially opens in June. That's the reason there is no quote from the manager, or other pics, or the usual graphic with "our new signing" at the bottom. I was in the office when they were discussing how to do the announcement. 

59 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Likely a decent enough signing tbf, he’s looked a handful every time we’ve played against him.

The bitter, cynical part of me which has reared its head in the last few days does say it’s being announced *now* as a distraction.

Of course is a distraction, rushed out 24 hours before playoff……

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Technically he's not signed yet - that can't happen until the transfer window officially opens in June. That's the reason there is no quote from the manager, or other pics, or the usual graphic with "our new signing" at the bottom. I was in the office when they were discussing how to do the announcement. 

How many more announcements were they discussing?

Got my new Baptie t’shirt in the post today, It’s a cracker. Imagine  the big man in the dressing room on Tuesday night if he’d witnessed his team mates putting in a display like that, there would have been bodies everywhere. If only we could find the 2023 version of big Craw for next season.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

How many more announcements were they discussing?

None. 

Re the timings issue, I have no idea why he came in today. However, clubs normally want things done ASAP after a target agrees to join as it reduces the chances of them being gazumped. In that regard, the first week after he's played his final game for Kelty seems logical. 

"We need to chase the game from the off – but we can’t really afford to concede. Every single time we do, it makes the task ever more difficult."

John McGlynn, Genius.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/john-mcglynn-outlines-massive-factor-to-falkirks-chances-of-turning-around-play-off-tie-4139567

Edited by Cappiecat1.2

McGlynn is going nowhere. The Bairn View announcement on Wednesday encouraging people to buy STs as soon as possible in order to give “John and Paul as much money as possible” (note, it was “John & Paul” and not the “management team”) is as clear a signal as you are going to get that no matter what happens tomorrow, they are still in post for next season.
An absolute racing certainty.

Now, dropping that email the day after the mauling at the Excelsior at first seemed to be a crazy thing to do, but now I am not so sure. It could just as easily be a pre-considered move to get the message across that McGlynn is fully backed by the Board, and getting a bit of stick for the bad timing of an email was well worth it in order to get the “they are staying” message across without actually saying “they are staying”.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

18 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

None. 

Re the timings issue, I have no idea why he came in today. However, clubs normally want things done ASAP after a target agrees to join as it reduces the chances of them being gazumped. In that regard, the first week after he's played his final game for Kelty seems logical. 

Clear deflection tactic. Trying to buy goodwill early before tomorrow.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Common sense not putting anything with McGlynn's name on it at the moment given the heat he's under. I doubt we would be making signings if we didn't have a manager in place for next season.

That's what I'm hoping for it's someone other than McGlynn. Have to say though has the hallmarks of a McGlynn type signing. Hopefully the lad sees sense gets out of the PCA and gets regular game time elsewhere if it is McGlynn. I half expected him to end up at Raith with the takeover so bit surprised to see him with a Falkirk scarf above his head. I think it's  a deflectionary tactic to take the heat of McGlynn and the inevitable season end tomorrow. 

Edited by ebobsboy

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

McGlynn is going nowhere. The Bairn View announcement on Wednesday encouraging people to buy STs as soon as possible in order to give “John and Paul as much money as possible” (note, it was “John & Paul” and not the “management team”) is as clear a signal as you are going to get that no matter what happens tomorrow, they are still in post for next season.
A absolute racing certainty.

Now, dropping that email the day after the mauling at the Excelsior at first seemed to be a crazy thing to do, but now I am not so sure. It could just as easily be a pre-considered move to get the message across that McGlynn is fully backed by the Board, and getting a bit of stick for the bad timing of an email was well worth it in order to get the “they are staying” message across without actually saying “they are staying”.

Thoughts very similar as you’ve posted. I don't think another defeat will stop McGlynn being here, unless it’s another humiliation. The announcement of the proposed signing today, I feel is a piss poor way of deflecting from the last couple of weeks, and stinks of panic in the house.

24 minutes ago, Cappiecat1.2 said:

"We need to chase the game from the off – but we can’t really afford to concede. Every single time we do, it makes the task ever more difficult."

John McGlynn, Genius.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/john-mcglynn-outlines-massive-factor-to-falkirks-chances-of-turning-around-play-off-tie-4139567

He's no faith in his defense either then. Someone put a gag on the clown FFS it's getting embarrassing. 

Announcing the new signing at this moment doesn’t give me any excitement whatsoever. In no way does it compensate for the 45 minutes of shit and rank rotten performance from the players and management the other night.  

Please don’t try and patronise the support when Tuesday will take a lot to get many back onside

What does the score need to be tomorrow to force a decision on the manager do we think?

I think we’ll win actually (not by nearly enough) but I wouldn’t be that surprised if we get another doing either.

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Thoughts very similar as you’ve posted. I don't think another defeat will stop McGlynn being here, unless it’s another humiliation. 

I suspect even another humiliation wouldn’t see him going unfortunately. The narrative coming from the board now seems to be all about how much of an improvement there’s been under Mcglynn and preparation for next season.

Guest Ecosse83

Good signing happy with that. Not happy with how it’s been announced today, they must really think we are mugs 😂

Agyeman should do well for you next season, providing you're in L1. We were interested I'm sure, local papers commented on it in January and McPake publicly said twice that he was the best player on the opposition that he'd seen. That being said, two goals since Christmas with him playing every game, mostly the full 90 mins isn't a great return and I'm happy we've not went down that route. Reckon he'll improve though, especially going full time. Seems the general feeling from Kelty fans was he's a good player, direct, physical but no where near the finished article.

I actually thought he might be tempted by Raith with all the ex Kelty board members now being there.

6 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Agyeman should do well for you next season, providing you're in L1. We were interested I'm sure, local papers commented on it in January and McPake publicly said twice that he was the best player on the opposition that he'd seen. That being said, two goals since Christmas with him playing every game, mostly the full 90 mins isn't a great return and I'm happy we've not went down that route. Reckon he'll improve though, especially going full time. Seems the general feeling from Kelty fans was he's a good player, direct, physical but no where near the finished article.

I actually thought he might be tempted by Raith with all the ex Kelty board members now being there.

15 goals in 83 games is hardly a prolific striker.