The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

He’ll be here until Xmas minimum.

Not if it's more of the same spineless garbage he won't. 

If he is stumbling on into next season, his position should be reviewed after the first quarter. If we have got off to our standard pathetic slow start and are thrashing about in fourth or fifth place whilst a Cove Rangers or whoever are racing away over the horizon it should be thanks and goodbye, with a list of possible replacements to approach long since drawn up. Problem with that scenario is that another season could be well and truly stuffed but I don't see him going anytime soon, so it's a risk those in charge are clearly happy to take, so they will also have to accept the consequences.

Sticking with McGlynn is not going to end well. Does anyone seriously believe it's going to be much different? He's not going to change. Zero confidence in him having the ability to take us up. After the horror of the last few days, he's a dead man walking.  Keeping him only delays the inevitable.

I don't have any worries at all about McGlynn building a decent squad this summer.

I do however worry about the fact you can't teach an old dog new tricks so we're going to continue seeing a 4-2-3-1 with no changes at all until the 60th minute which leaves Allan as a complete waste of a signing.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah.... Its not really that positive was my point mate....

If you want positive, 1 Scott Arfield would hide a multitude of sins. 

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Player Manager, it seems to have worked for Airdrie 🤔

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We’d all take that mate.

We had that chance last summer, when Scott Brown was on the market, & went for the fans choice  John McGlynn.

Suck it up folks, we’re stuck with him in the short term.

Edited by kiddy

22 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He deserves it for his complete shitehousery in the wall on Tuesday night.

The more I look at that, the more I think it was actually a planned move. The wall wasn't quite positioned to cover that side of the goal to tempt Airdrie to take the shot and he jumps sideways to block. 

Edited by McMad

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I’d rather go with Arfield, he has connections to the club.

He WON’T be dropping to the 3rd division, & we are stuck with the management team.

At the very most Paul Smith would take over. Would his club connection satisfy?

I know it's easy tonight to decry everyone and everything but thought PJ did well today.

No chance with the calamitous defending from his central defensive pair at the goal but felt, some kicking apart, he merited starting today.

Edited by Blame Me
Typo

2 minutes ago, kiddy said:

He WON’T be dropping to the 3rd division, & we are stuck with the management team.

When John had a minor operation, the Rovers went through a good spell under Paul, form fell off when he returned.

Just now, Blame Me said:

I know it's easy tonight to decry everyone and everyone but thought PJ did well today.

No chance with the calamitous defending from his central defensive pair at the goal but felt, some kicking apart, he merited starting today.

He was fine. Better than McGlynn’s keeper, that’s for sure.

4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Probably would rather try Smith on his own to see if he can do any better.

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’d rather go with Arfield, he has connections to the club.

So do John Hughes, Brian Rice, Ian Mccall....

I don't know where the club go if a new appointment is being considered. We've done the inexperienced manager, we've done the experienced manager, we've done the co-manager and we've done the manager from abroad and we've had a DoF. 

1 minute ago, grahamstonbairn said:

No matter how the club try to spin it, this season has been another failure.

As we face our 5th season in League One it is surely time for change.

Fan ownership is great in theory but we need external investment if we are ever going to get out of this league.

Said this last night. Fan ownership ain’t happening soon ( lightly put) and outside investors are required to change the model of the club. 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

One of the more sensible posts by opposition fans. We struggle so badly against a team that has any belief we are there for the taking and press us. I think it’s why we got away with the Ayr game - they took an early lead, sat back and forgot how pish we can be. 

I’m amazed more opposition managers hasn’t sussed him out take rovers record In Mcglynns last season since the December,  abysmal TBH , Watched the Ayr game aswell couldn’t believe Ayr lost the game as they had Falkirk on toast the first half 

2 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

So do John Hughes, Brian Rice, Ian Mccall....

I don't know where the club go if a new appointment is being considered. We've done the inexperienced manager, we've done the experienced manager, we've done the co-manager and we've done the manager from abroad and we've had a DoF. 

We haven’t done the GOOD manager.