The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I am fact?

A grant? Even better! Why on earth did Falkirk refuse that? That just seems silly.

Yeah the system is bent. I never agreed with the way folk and businesses were left out of pocket but I was never on the board. Also, if you think your own club would have acted differently you're at it, and I include paying back those who accepted the CVA, even if I disagree with things. Utterly irrelevant though and only being mentioned due to Falkirk being gash and getting pumped in the playoffs.

The 'multi club forum' part wasn't aimed at you. It was to the poster I quoted.

The introduction of “Phase 2” was dreamed up between Tuesday evening and this morning.

Talk of “not much” of a squad overhaul. A wee moan about how so much of the budget was spent before he took over…..yep, being restricted to only being able to bring in 17 players….so limited, and one of our poorest performers over the last 2 years gets handed a new 2 year deal.

We came up short? Really? 7-2 aggregate is coming up short. Laughable.

I neither believe nor trust him, but the BoD clearly do. C’est la vie. It will end in tears.

Someone made the point in our thread, Mcglynnball only actually worked with Regan Hendry.  Other than a short spell last season, it hasn't actually worked without him.

Edited by CALDERON

Fair play to anyone who sat through that interview or Tuesdays. 

Whether he remains in post or not, there's absolutely nothing I need to hear from anyone in a Falkirk Jersey or in the Falkirk dugout in the immediate aftermath, save for an apology that isn't coming. 

I seen it unfold. I know what happened. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Fair play to anyone who sat through that interview or Tuesdays. 

Whether he remains in post or not, there's absolutely nothing I need to hear from anyone in a Falkirk Jersey or in the Falkirk dugout in the immediate aftermath, save for an apology that isn't coming. 

I seen it unfold. I know what happened. 

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

First & foremost, McGlynn is going nowhere; both in terms of his employment prospects & advancement of the team. Whether you like it or not.

As for candidates who should be getting looked at, & at least approached. Jack Ross would be the stick out candidate, at present. Unattached, club connection & hasn’t been in the job before. Whether he’d take it, would be another matter entirely.

Ross’s career has fallen off a cliff this would be the time to approach him.

Obviously won’t happen though.

Just in from the pub. Too much beer!! Another kick in the teeth today! Will we ever get this club back moving forward? 
Today was abject but I suppose the damage was done Tuesday and today was irrelevant really.

Club just has to win this league next season. Do I think McGlynn is the guy to do that? Really not sure TBH. 

15 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

I've just watched that interview, f**k me. The boys gave everything, we've improved, it's a two year plan. It's fucking league one the standard is atrocious. They were utter shite, with the exception of Mackie and yeats today they all flung in the towel. 

Even if by some sort of miracle he gets us up next year he's doing absolutely f**k all in the championship. Houston, arguably the best manager we've had in a decade or so couldn't manage it. 

I've watched every ball we've kicked this year, I've wasted thousands to be told we were unlucky we need to realise where we've came from. No you absolute weapon, you caused this by playing the same starting 11 because we won the last game, regardless of individuals performances or the opposition. So when you're properly found out you rely on players who haven't kicked a ball in anger in months. 

Get the c**t to f**k, get his 60 minute subs to f**k, get his negative pish one up front in league b*****d one at home to kelty to f**k, get his mulling over stats to f**k. 

That squad needs horsed, a complete clear out. Is a manager really gonna cost that much more. 

Well said. Sick of the patronising p*sh that suggests we should be grateful for the progress he’s made this season. Absolute fu*king nonsense. We’re in The Boys’ Brigade league for Christ sake. Thankfully some of us weren’t born yesterday. This season has been yet another failure. Any Falkirk manager who fails to win promotion from League 1 with the budget McGlynn’s had deserves their jotters. Get him, and Gary Oliver, to fu*k!!

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just in from the pub. Too much beer!! Another kick in the teeth today! Will we ever get this club back moving forward? 
Today was abject but I suppose the damage was done Tuesday and today was irrelevant really.

Club just has to win this league next season. Do I think McGlynn is the guy to do that? Really not sure TBH. 

Pretend your pals on the board aren't reading this, do you want McGlynn gone, yes or no?

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Today wasn’t irrelevant at all.

We were entitled to expect a reaction to Tuesday’s debacle and there was none.

Airdrie were delighted to let us play in front of them it was basically a training match for them.

My concern with our manager is that he is chronically limited tactically, how many times have we seen a set up and performance like today’s also his motivational abilities seem sadly lacking.

Up until this week I was against his sacking but I now have zero confidence that he has what it takes to get us out of this league even if we sign half a dozen decent players over the summer.

Also his interviews are a disgrace.

I am scunnered!

Edited by Reggie Perrin

Chat on here and amongst the Falkirk support has really been a mirror image the last few seasons. How do we get out of this pile of sh*t league and who will be the man to do it? We can have the proposition of ‘progress’ fed to us, but each season so far we’ve returned to square one with this exact question.

I’m firmly in the camp that any season in L1 without promotion is a failure, regardless of progress made. Performances like Tuesday and today get you sacked, and if it wasn’t for the other candidates available, I’d show McGlynn the door tonight.

I don’t envy the board, it’s a thankless task at times and they have a gauntlet to navigate through these next few weeks. However, it cannot be understated how important the coming decisions will be. Next season is really our last crack at this before the threat of PT football becomes a reality, we need to get this right.

Edited by HopeStreetCadette

I'm with Bairnardo - the first step towards any kind of reparations is an apology from the management and players for the absolute embarrassment of the last week. 

It wasn't a "disappointment", "just coming up short", or any of the other platitudes or attempts to play it down. It was a humiliation, brought on by a combination of tactical ineptitude and shitting our breeks in the big games. Again.

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't have any worries at all about McGlynn building a decent squad this summer.

I do however worry about the fact you can't teach an old dog new tricks so we're going to continue seeing a 4-2-3-1 with no changes at all until the 60th minute which leaves Allan as a complete waste of a signing.

You should. JMcG at Raith got backing for a 50% increase in player spending from 20-21 to 21-22…and veritably pissed it away with unfortunate choices, poor tactics and the mother of all recruitment f**kups. His 20-21 team was measurable better than the team he put together with a larger budget.

You are absolutely correct about JMcG’s unwillingness to change his spots, he will run with his plan until about December, and then try a couple of fiddles that may well torpedo the season. However, I would guess the money from your cup run will help at least balance things out through the end of his contract, so it probably makes sense to keep him, financially.

The real difficult part is going to be finding the next manager, and keeping JMcG for the second year will at least help a little with that job. If you punt him early, who is going to want to come into the job?

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The real difficult part is going to be finding the next manager, and keeping JMcG for the second year will at least help a little with that job. If you punt him early, who is going to want to come into the job?

Why? Sheerin was punted early and deservedly so, he was rank rotten.

Rennie came in to "steady the ship" , was poor but was allowed to see out the end of his contract.

McGlynn has come in and been given every opportunity to succeed (by succeed I mean achieve promotion) and has failed. Therefore he deserves to be punted.

In any job, if you don't come up to the required standard you are let go, contract or not. Who knows what objectives and criteria McGlynn was given before he signed on the dotted line?

Besides, football managers all tend to have "a guid conceit o' themselves" so there would be no shortage of managers interested in taking the job to make a name for themself by succeeding where the previous 6 incumbents failed. The board just have to make sure that they get the next appointment right!