The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Sounds as if Kucheriavyi's going to get a shot at first team football with St Johnstone this season but I'd love Meekison back in on loan to compete with Lawal for the number 10 position.

Yeah not him specifically to come back. What I meant was the sort of player he was... Earmarked for first team at a higher level, just needs that last wee hit of first team football. 

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Very good set of signings. Proven at Championship level which is great.

What I’m not having is that because they are proven at Championship level they’ll stroll League 1. We’ve made that mistake before. These 3 appear to be guys who’ll give 100% effort and application no matter what level they are playing it which will make a massive difference.

Aye we have had this chat before tbf but not with players who are young enough to be on the career upswing rather than the opposite. There no "last decent FT salary" energy here with any of them. 

55 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Delighted with those three signings. 

@Bainsfordbairn Can we expect to see any pictures of them modelling the new kit? 😁

Not until they start playing in it. The new kit was snapped two days ago being worn by players who were already there. Albeit the three boardroom signing shots were taken in new training wear that hadn't been publicised previously. 

The squad is starting to be put together and will be interesting to see if there is a change of style.

Right back is needed then apart from maybe one or two contracted players being moved on and replacements bought in that's about it.

Hopes? Yeats establishes himself, Carroll gets a few starts and some of the younger players start to shine.

Could McGinn drop back into central defense? It would nullify his lack of legs in midfield but utilize his undoubted talents. 

12 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

"Great signings for this level"

Fast forward to next March when McGlynn has royally fucked it up yet again.

Can't wait 😀😀

Won't happen. Hopefully McGlynn gets it right this season but if not and we have a shaky start to the campaign he'll be gone by Hallow'een.

1 hour ago, Balde Bairn said:

Well I was asked to wait till the new signings came in before making judgments on the squad, well my opinion is the same. Pretty underwhelming signings made by by McClown. I just have a sense of deja vu coming, we get to Christmas and say we need another clear out and probably a new manager. 

Some people are unreal 😕

36 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The squad is starting to be put together and will be interesting to see if there is a change of style.

Right back is needed then apart from maybe one or two contracted players being moved on and replacements bought in that's about it.

Hopes? Yeats establishes himself, Carroll gets a few starts and some of the younger players start to shine.

Could McGinn drop back into central defense? It would nullify his lack of legs in midfield but utilize his undoubted talents. 

Less likely a change in style but all that backwards and sideways possession will be transformed by having Spencer in there to take the ball and keep it moving up the pitch.

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Arfield next please.  The small money we could afford won't matter as he's got more than enough to last him the rest of his life already.  Finishing his career at Falkirk would be a satisfying bookend for him and fantastic for us.   Come on Scott, come home, if only for this season to get us out the mire.

No chance. None whatsoever. Middle East or MLS.

Hoping there’s some movement (2/3) of players getting shipped either on loan or permanent. Which would free up funds for some additional quality. We’re bleeding for a RB, pacy attacking MF, a striker and another GK. What a pleasure to hear from opposing fans that the signings today are decent footballers, and not wallopers…..

On 07/06/2023 at 14:00, RRFC_Liam said:

Spencer has offers in the premiership (supposedly) and Down South I very much doubt he’ll be rocking up at Falkirk if that’s the case…. MacDonald could be the most likely as your a lot closer to his home and will likely still be No1 which he wants 

👀