The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

All 3 could be good signings but I'm far from getting carried away. 

I find it hard to believe that these 2 guys will scoosh league one as the Raith fans are claiming. They're also 2 players who the same Raith fans are saying they won't miss and the manager deemed surplus to requirements at a team who finished (checks notes) 7th in the championship. Both can't surely be true. 

As for Miller I have no idea though we don't have a great track record with Morton squad players in recent years. 

Hope I'll be pleasantly surprised! 

Would have prefered to keep spencer. A great player.

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

See this type of “ITK” thing, it really grinds my gears. If you can’t embellish on something then just say nothing at all. No one’s impressed that you’ve seen something before anyone else and can’t help but crow about it. 

I'm impressed as f**k mate. I've persuaded my company to pay a lot of money to become a shirt sponsor and I'll crow about it if I want.

There was loads of negativity being posted about the strips with folk whinging and bitching before they'd even seen it. Since I posted it was a belter, that's stopped.

3 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I'm impressed as f**k mate. I've persuaded my company to pay a lot of money to become a shirt sponsor and I'll crow about it if I want.

There was loads of negativity being posted about the strips with folk whinging and bitching before they'd even seen it. Since I posted it was a belter, that's stopped.

Aye, it’s all stopped because of your post right enough. Good for you. 

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

"Great signings for this level"

Fast forward to next March when McGlynn has royally fucked it up yet again.

Can't wait 😀😀

It could only be a Falkirk fanbase that thinks this has been a positive summer for recruitment. Signing guys that Raith and Hamilton aren’t bothered about losing us not good. 

3 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

It could only be a Falkirk fanbase that thinks this has been a positive summer for recruitment. Signing guys that Raith and Hamilton aren’t bothered about losing us not good. 

Pop another record on mate this ones broken as f**k 

4 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

You are getting extremely tedious. I don’t think you’re a Falkirk fan at all.

8 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Except that’s not what’s happed, we’ve singed two of Raith Rovers better players, a club playing in the league above us who had offered both these guys extensions they have chosen to knock back in favour of coming to Falkirk! Let’s not let the the facts get in they way of your blatantly obvious bitter narrative tho! 

21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Squad is shaping up nicely. Now the challenge is for McGlynn to get a formation that uses the squad to its optimum. RB still required as is cover in goal. 

I'm not convinced we have enough up front tbh. Oliver meh, MacIver I don't see scoring many his stats suggest that, Agyeman could be a bit unpredictable I think, so your relying on Allan banging them in. He got ten goals at Clyde before he signed and hardly scored or started since he joined. Id like another centre forward in and better than we have already

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

When was that?

SPL years were good. Even when we were relegated we brought players like Taylor, Farid, Vaulks, Leahy. We sold players like David Weatherston because he was considered not quite good enough, my god he’d look world class compared to what we’ve had for the last 5-years. 

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'm not convinced we have enough up front tbh. Oliver meh, MacIver I don't see scoring many his stats suggest that, Agyeman could be a bit unpredictable I think, so your relying on Allan banging them in. He got ten goals at Clyde before he signed and hardly scored or started since he joined. Id like another centre forward in and better than we have already

You may like one but we have too many already. Not happening IMO

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You may like one but we have too many already. Not happening IMO

That could bite us if that's the case. It's an area of the park we were found wanting in last season too many missed chances. 

14 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Except that’s not what’s happed, we’ve singed two of Raith Rovers better players, a club playing in the league above us who had offered both these guys extensions they have chosen to knock back in favour of coming to Falkirk! Let’s not let the the facts get in they way of your blatantly obvious bitter narrative tho! 

Don’t think we offered Lang anything. Spencer had the option to extend his contact but didn’t exercise it, I also doubt the manager would have wanted him to. Better players, possibly, but neither would have been in my top 5 last season.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Don’t think we offered Lang anything. Spencer had the option to extend his contact but didn’t exercise it, I also doubt the manager would have wanted him to. Better players, possibly, but neither would have been in my top 5 last season.

Daily record reported Lang knocking back a one year extension the same as Spencer did. Not that that holds too much water in fairness but regarding Spencer some of your own fans were on here claiming there was no way he’d drop down to Falkirk having had “offers from down south and other championship clubs” 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

Well I was asked to wait till the new signings came in before making judgments on the squad, well my opinion is the same. Pretty underwhelming signings made by by McClown. I just have a sense of deja vu coming, we get to Christmas and say we need another clear out and probably a new manager. 

This has taken a battering for dislikes, but why does this seem unlikely to anyone in here? Our (failed) recruitment policy for the last 4 years has been to sign guys from the championship who haven’t been offered new deals and hope they can hit their best form for us. How often has that actually worked? I think it’s the furthest thing from exciting just taking players from the league above who aren’t wanted. For me we really need to start thinking outside the box a bit more because ultimately a team of championship rejects will not win you league one.