The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think the commercial/retail team have done brilliantly in the last 12 months since coming on board.

I agree with this. Lots of imaginative stuff communicated well. Selling 400+ shirts in a day is a brilliant effort 

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

I don’t remember us ever signing a “proven goalscorer” other than Ken Eadie, who then didn’t so too much.  Most of our big scoring strikers have been promising or unknown before us. None prolific.  As an aside, interesting to see Arbroath signing Stowe from Lithgae. It’ll be interesting to see how he and Daramola get on. 

Burrell was disappointing. He looked explosive early on and when he came on as sub a couple of times, but flattered to deceive when given a start. Of course, he’ll score against us but as long as we finish above Cove and their dystopian wee stadium, I don’t care. 

We've signed countless proven goalscorers over the years.  Coyle, Baird, Mo Johnston & Cadette are 4 that come immediately to mind but there are plenty more.  Roman Wallner on paper arguably the best of the lot given his age and the level he'd been at (and would go onto again).  Bizarre what went on there.   

I don’t remember us ever signing a “proven goalscorer” other than Ken Eadie, who then didn’t so too much.  Most of our big scoring strikers have been promising or unknown before us. None prolific.  As an aside, interesting to see Arbroath signing Stowe from Lithgae. It’ll be interesting to see how he and Daramola get on. 

Burrell was disappointing. He looked explosive early on and when he came on as sub a couple of times, but flattered to deceive when given a start. Of course, he’ll score against us but as long as we finish above Cove and their dystopian wee stadium, I don’t care. 

Gerry McCoy.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I got the match day polo that Tom Lang modelled the other day. Good quality and I look like him with mine on apart from the 30 odd year gap, receding hairline, 5 stone heavier and my ugly face, apart from that though not much difference.

Them ears of yours. You never mentioned them ears. I also think you got the “slim fit” as Lang’s tummy doesn’t seem to fill the shirt as fully as yours.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Burrell was disappointing. He looked explosive early on and when he came on as sub a couple of times, but flattered to deceive when given a start. 

12 goals is hardly disappointing considering he only started 40% of games. 

By comparison, Oliver who started 75% of games only got 10 goals and Maciver started 92% of games and had 6 goals(which has surely got to make .

I know which one I’d rather have next season…

Edited by PedroMoutinho

I liked Burrell and generally thought we looked more dangerous when he was on the pitch.  Ultimately he was more effective when coming off the bench and doesn't really fit into McGlynns style. I think he'll do well at Cove despite their rat manager.

51 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

We've signed countless proven goalscorers over the years.  Coyle, Baird, Mo Johnston & Cadette are 4 that come immediately to mind but there are plenty more.  Roman Wallner on paper arguably the best of the lot given his age and the level he'd been at (and would go onto again).  Bizarre what went on there.   

Super Sam

Anyone remember from their youth days (I'm going back to 80s here) going down to Brockville to be able to watch pre season training and down with the autograph books ?

and given the past if you were that age again who's autograph would you go for ? although given some of the past comments I think security would be needed and it wouldn't be the autograph they would be going for ..lol

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Didn't I see a mad stat that McBreen finished top scorer ahead of Cummings in the season just finished in Australia.