The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

He looks bigger and stronger than the other 3 young lads who came on.

Yes noticed that too. Honeyman looks physically bigger and stronger than the other laddies, and it looks to be showing with an assist and a goal from two subs appearances. Bodes well for him and us! 👏🏻

Edited by GunnerBairn

29 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

He looks bigger and stronger than the other 3 young lads who came on.

Carroll is the one who looks to have that wee bit of stardust about him. Not enough time to show it tonight, but that boy could be a seriously good player in the next season or three. I would bet he is already appearing on the radar of big clubs.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Carroll is the one who looks to have that wee bit of stardust about him. Not enough time to show it tonight, but that boy could be a seriously good player in the next season or three. I would bet he is already appearing on the radar of big clubs.

Fingers crossed we start to see young laddies coming through regularly again in future, should never have stopped but I suppose that’s a debate that’s been gone over time and again.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

And if true I hope we don't take the first offer that comes along like we have done in the past. Hold out for serious money and make sure that we include several sell-on clauses to ensure that we get even more money further down the line. For too long we have been too easy to deal with when it comes to our young talent.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Appreciate a few have said Bonnyrigg didn't offer much but how did the young GK look?

Looked comfortable but really young. Looks like he’s got a bit of filling out to do but he never looked like he was panicking ever and was decent with the ball at his feet.

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Appreciate a few have said Bonnyrigg didn't offer much but how did the young GK look?

Can't think of anything he did wrong and he pulled off at least one good save. Spoke to his mum at fulltime and she was buzzing that he's kept a clean sheet on his debut. 

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hayward wasn’t really tested tbh. There was a late stramash in the box, where he was beaten, but came back off the post and cleared. One or two kick outs were a little ropey, going straight to McGlynn’s dug out, but I’d be splitting hairs. A young laddie who will only learn and improve. A clean sheet too of course 👍🏻

Edited by GunnerBairn

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Can't think of anything he did wrong and he pulled off at least one good save. Spoke to his mum at fulltime and she was buzzing that he's kept a clean sheet on his debut. 

Excellent to hear and brilliant to see Honeyman get off the mark too. Playing every week with the shire last season will have helped.

Any sniff of a right back?

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I’ve been patiently waiting for the arrival of an new RB but my suspicions maybe confirmed that we’ll run with Yeats and McKay this season, sharing the role. Not ideal but budget dependent. 

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

That would be for the manager to answer. I presume he'll go into detail about the squad when he does his first FFCTV interview. Not sure when that will be, though I'd guess once the League Cup games are starting. Or maybe immediately after the Arbroath games as it's at home and not closed-door.  

10 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

It was my Dad who collapsed halfway through the second half.

Thank you to everyone who helped. He was looked over by Bonnyrigg's medical team (a massive thank you) and I can report that he is doing ok.

Great to hear he’s doing ok pal. Wishing him a speedy recovery. 

50 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

I’ve been patiently waiting for the arrival of an new RB but my suspicions maybe confirmed that we’ll run with Yeats and McKay this season, sharing the role. Not ideal but budget dependent. 

Listen to McGlynn's interview post match v Airdrie in the home leg playoff. Concede too many goals. Defence needs addressed goalie and right back emphasised on it, midfield, wide players (depending) and up front. If he has spunked the budget on other areas then that's on him and basically has cut his nose off to spite his face.

Edited by ebobsboy