The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Suspect very few clubs in Scotland operate at break even without some element of luck (player sales or cup success). 

Even if we go up, our costs will increase so we'll absolutely need new investment to avoid making losses like we did last time we were there.  Any suggestion we shouldn't look for this because  at the moment we've got more money than the likes of Annan is just daft. 

If we're able to break even in League 1 or the Championship by design and have a successful team on the park we'll be the exception and it'll be some achievement.  

Breaking even in League 1 on gates of 4,000 would be "some achievement"?

Don't be daft.  

42 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

We fell at the final hurdle against Airdrie on epic proportions. The last bit of last season was poor

Wasn’t just the last bit that was poor though- we were nowhere near consistent enough throughout the season. except for a 2 month spell in the middle.

19 wins from 36 is not good enough in the third tier.

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't be daft.  

..while having a successful team on the park.  Yes I do.  There's no money down here and clubs like ours have high overheads.  

You think Cove and Hamilton will be breaking even this season?  Not a chance.  

I'm not including QOS in that as I fully expect them to be pish.  

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

Wasn’t just the last bit that was poor though- we were nowhere near consistent enough throughout the season. except for a 2 month spell in the middle.

19 wins from 36 is not good enough in the third tier.

Other than the covid season it is still improving, Looking back and losing Hogarth and going for Kinnear was where we dropped form, As much as PJ had a dip in confidence coming back from injury Kinnear was a downgrade and should have been. a backup rather than first choice he slowed play too many times and went for the wrong option with his distribution.

Going to try my best and summarise some of what was talked about at the fan meeting regarding atmosphere etc..

The long term vision for the singing section is for them to be housed in a terraced fourth stand, obviously more than a few years and a couple million pounds down the line.

A few thing that will be looked at in the short term;

• Club will be moving towards having a specific song played before the game, similar to that of Palace with Glad All Over ertc.. Main suggestion tonight was A Little Respect although between now and the first game (Dundee United at home) that may change. Whatever the decision is it will be communicated via club channels in plenty time for those attending to pick up on it. You are free to send your suggestions into Kevin Beattie if you want.
  • Specific songs to be played over the tannoy system after a player scores. This will be in tune with the chant for that player, the songs will be emailed to Kevin who will then relay that to the bloke operating the tannoy. Possibility of the fan songs being added to the clubs website or similar so that all people know the lyrics.
  • A real chance of an ultras style group happening with the majority of it already been discussed from the fans side, club are open to it and will support it with the necessary space.
  • Drums and megaphone are a yes if the group wish to have them, no issues on the club front.
  • The idea of having the above ultras group paint the concourse in the South Stand getting rid of the blank blockwork which is currently there was floating and is possible, but nothing more than an idea currently.
  • Lots of discussions on moving the singing section.. Moving to the front of block C behind the goals being the main shout but issues arise with moving people. Back of the same block another possibility also but those there this evening not as keen. A move down to the front of the current section was floated but issues with disabled section.
  • The heavy handedness of the stewards at games was raised as a concern especially with regards to children down the front celebrating. The club are going to look into this.

A few other points raised;

• The pies aren't good and contribute to a poor atmosphere during the winter months. 
  • The ball boys are too young.
Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

47 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't be daft.  

Do you not need to have an idea of our outgoings before saying that? For example, we need to sell around 400 STs just to pay for the annual rental of the south stand. Plus we won't have gates approaching 4000 in the coming season with the likely numbers that clubs will bring. 

12 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Going to try my best and summarise some of what was talked about at the fan meeting regards atmosphere etc..

The long term vision for the singing section is for them to be housed in a terraced fourth stand, obviously more than a few years and a couple million pounds down the line.

• Club will be moving towards having a specific song played before the game, similar to that of Palace with Glad All Over ertc.. Main suggestion tonight was A Little Respect although between now and the first game (Dundee United at home) that may change. Whatever the decision is it will be communicated via club channels in plenty time for those attending to pick up on it. You are free to send your suggestions into Kevin Beattie if you want.
  • Specific songs to be played over the tannoy system after a player scores. This will be in tune with the chant for that player, the songs will be emailed to Kevin who will then relay that to the bloke operating the tannoy. Possibility of the fan songs being added to the clubs website or similar so that all people know the lyrics.
  • A real chance of an ultras style group happening with the majority of it already been discussed from the fans side, club are open to it and will support it with the necessary space.
  • Drums and megaphone are a yes if the group wish to have them, no issues on the club front.
  • The idea of having the above ultras group paint the concourse in the South Stand getting rid of the blank blockwork which is currently there was floating and is possible, but nothing more than an idea currently.
  • Lots of discussions on moving the singing section.. Moving to the front of block C behind the goals being the main shout but issues arise with moving people. Back of the same block another possibility also but those there this evening not as keen. A move down to the front of the current section was floated but issues with disabled section.
  • The heavy handedness of the stewards at games was raised as a concern especially with regards to children down the front celebrating. The club are going to look into this.

• The pies aren't good and contribute to a poor atmosphere during the winter months. 

Good summary and great to that the club are trying to facilitate a key part of our support.

Drum  - sorry that can stay outside the stadium 

14 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Great! Really hope they can get a good group sorted.

Please no drum.

38 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Going to try my best and summarise some of what was talked about at the fan meeting regarding atmosphere etc..

Good update, glad the club are supporting this kind of thing. Have said before drums don't bother me (I am sure I'll get red dots for that) so if the ultras want one happy for them to do that. Especially since they are the ones that "drum up" the majority of the atmosphere. Co-ordinating with the tannoy system sounds like a great idea. 

The long term plans of having terracing as the 4th stand can't come soon enough. Wonder if there is any way to build something temporary that will last a few years for cheap? No idea if it's possible. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

The long term plans of having terracing as the 4th stand can't come soon enough. Wonder if there is any way to build something temporary that will last a few years for cheap? No idea if it's possible. 

Perhaps a bit unclear with the first post, intended it as more of a terraced area within the fourth stand. That's how I interpreted what Jamie said anyway.

49 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

This is absolutely fucking brilliant, and regardless of whether or not its a piss take, its still my favourite part of your post. 

The drum will last half a game before those in the south stand get it rightfully disposed of. If there’s any older member hoping to make the ultras group a success I’d suggest quickly binning that idea 

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

That's my fear about the midfield, lot of passing and possession but none are the type that's going to get stuck in and mix it, I think McGinn and Spencer are too similar. The squad is still short of that type, a right back and a centre forward. I doubt we'll see any more additions up front though. It could be we need to wait to see what loans we can bring in. 

Tom Taiwo was not the biggest but he was certainly game for the rough stuff

As much as it pains me to say it, Motherwell are probably the group to look to for the group getting put together. No drums but colour and plenty of noise. That’s all that’s needed. 

Centre of the KM stand would be best imho for getting the full stand involved 

Edited by RC55 FFC

3 hours ago, Onthegoalline1876 said:

Have some cracking memories of the Shire Club at bottom of Stewart Road !

Me to. Was a friendly and welcoming place just like the one in Graham's Road.

Shame Mackin asset stripped the club.

When Falkirk get back on an even keel it would be good if we can help our once-local rival to get back into the professional league setup pre season friendly for example.

22 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

As much as it pains me to say it, Motherwell are probably the group to look to for the group getting put together. No drums but colour and plenty of noise. That’s all that’s needed. 

Centre of the KM stand would be best imho for getting the full stand involved 

Have been to a few motherwell games as a neutral as a friend of mine is a fan.... They have a drum I am sure?