The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ok. All we need is a third leg of the stool to provide a small nail

Deal. Will definitely require a fourth leg for the pool table though! Might be a bit wobbly otherwise. 

Edited by Van_damage

I like ideas around the Brockville Bar. Given that it’s ours and the club makes the money, I wonder how feasible it is for it to open more often? It won't be as simple as just coming up with ideas to attract folk, as there’ll be arrangements with the licence and licensees to consider.

But I quite like a couple of pints when I finish work on a Friday. If I knew the Brockville Bar would have a few dozen Bairns in it, bustling with anticipation of the weekend ahead, then I’d happily roll down there rather than one of the pubs on my doorstep. 

Guest Back Post Misses
7 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I like ideas around the Brockville Bar. Given that it’s ours and the club makes the money, I wonder how feasible it is for it to open more often? It won't be as simple as just coming up with ideas to attract folk, as there’ll be arrangements with the licence and licensees to consider.

But I quite like a couple of pints when I finish work on a Friday. If I knew the Brockville Bar would have a few dozen Bairns in it, bustling with anticipation of the weekend ahead, then I’d happily roll down there rather than one of the pubs on my doorstep. 

Knowing you, you will be rolling out 😉

Edited by Back Post Misses

Have no issue with Choir/Casuals/Ultras, or whatever they want to call themselves, gathering together (Or their pyro for that matter). I’ll just move elsewhere in the ground, as I did at Brockville. But you can take any ideas for a drum & poke them up yer hoop, for me.

Emblematic of a small support, that can’t generate an atmosphere & have no concept of conjuring up with songs synonymous with/in support of, their team.

Bring a drum in & that’ll be the end of the majority of the current repertoire. Replaced by ‘Carnival de Paris’, ending in “Falkirk”, on repeat.

It would scare more folk off than McGlynn’s inaction at Airdrie!

Edited by kiddy

Guest Back Post Misses

This summer I started to follow all the clubs in our league on Twitter mainly tot see who they were signing. However there is some utter bilge churned out. 
Head of the bilge stakes IMO is  Edinburgh City followed by Kelty and Montrose. Best IMO is probably Stirling Albion but we are probably a close second. 

Guest Back Post Misses
9 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

How and what are you quantifying as "bilge" 🤔

Stuff that just seems irrelevant and tweeting for tweeting sake. Of course there will be some relevance to fans of those clubs but some of it is Mickey Mouse stuff. 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Stuff that just seems irrelevant and tweeting for tweeting sake. Of course there will be some relevance to fans of those clubs but some of it is Mickey Mouse stuff. 

FSS HAS JUST JOINED THREADS BTW. Personal opinion - hopefully Musk will ruin twitter and it will be replaced (not that Zuck is much better).