The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

For the team running out onto the pitch IMO you need something with a good opening riff or a strong start to lift the fans from the opening chords. I’m an old fart stuck in a time warp so apologies for this selection.

Slade – Cum On Feel The Noize.

The Rolling Stones – Satisfaction, Start Me Up.

David Bowie – Rebel Rebel, Jean Genie, Suffragette City.

The Beatles – I Feel Fine.

Bryan Ferry – Let’s Stick Together

For the drum fetishists

Cozy Powell - Na Na Na

Superb 70’s terracing stomper!

Edited by Reggie Perrin

16 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

For the team running out onto the pitch IMO you need something with a good opening riff or a strong start to lift the fans from the opening chords. I’m an old fart stuck in a time warp so apologies for this selection.

I'm just glad you've not suggested "Sacked in the morning"

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Three goal songs have been requested:

Gary Oliver- We buy any car

Jordan Allan- Glad all over (what Dunfermline play)

Ola Lawal- Here comes the hotstepper.

Surely tom a Lang by the bay city rollers has to be one.

All these suggestions are great but equally shows that the club/ultras won't please everyone's tastes. 

Gauging reactions to different pre-match songs over the trial period might have been worthwhile but perhaps it was decided by both parties that "Local Hero" was the only candidate.

42 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

That was Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye - Steam

Another classic that certainly should be brought back!!!

So it was. I'd forgotten all about the Cozy Powell one, was a great song though. Another guy that died too soon!

4 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Section "B" was split by the stairs. The seat in Row "I" that I was in was in the part nearest section C (the middle section).  I think the row started at seat 19. I was 2 or 3 seats in. You must have been pretty much next to section C??

Just up and to the left of the directors box. Could see the 4 corners from my seat without standing up.

Was a sweet spot in the stand.

We must have passed each other for years.

Oh I miss the place

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Got to be Rock and Roll by Lez Zep for the team running onto the pitch

Ripping high tempo intro then straight in with

'It's been a long time since I rock and rolled
It's been a long time since I did the stroll
Ooh let me get it back, let me get it back
Let me get it back, baby, where I come from'

It ticks all the boxes

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Just up and to the left of the directors box. Could see the 4 corners from my seat without standing up.

Was a sweet spot in the stand.

We must have passed each other for years.

Oh I miss the place

Through the turnstile up the wee steps and into where the Bovrils were served and you were in another world. The smell of the Bovril and fags got you primed for what was to come. Always enjoyed coming out of there and up the 4 or 5 steps into the stand to get your first look at the crowd. If it was a big game, the place was jumping and the nerves started kicking in before you got to your seat. Happy days.😉

First game of the season for me tonight and owing to a slight hangover, I really cannot be arsed. 

Still, il go along if only to ensure I have heard the drum and am fully able to both complain about/praise it as the thread requires. 

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

For the drum fetishists

Cozy Powell - Na Na Na

Superb 70’s terracing stomper!

Stomptastic.

But when I play my boogie
When I play my blues
It's like a whole tank regiment on the move
You can play the notes, you can tell the story
Me I'll just settle for the power and the glory (goin')

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na

32 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Through the turnstile up the wee steps and into where the Bovrils were served and you were in another world. The smell of the Bovril and fags got you primed for what was to come. Always enjoyed coming out of there and up the 4 or 5 steps into the stand to get your first look at the crowd. If it was a big game, the place was jumping and the nerves started kicking in before you got to your seat. Happy days.😉

These few steps as the pitch and terracing came into view and the noise hit you. Meeting the usual suspects in front and on either side as you made your way along the row to your seat.

Had my brothers 1957 scarf, would take it off carefully and reverently folding it into the palm of my hand pronouncing 'Behold the holy relic' folk would be reaching out to touch it as I proffered to the faithful to touch.

Remember the old guy that would come down from the back of the stand to the front a few times a game to lean over the wall and berate some individual shaking his fist at them promising all sorts of terrible retribution if he got his hands on them?

It was more than that. Pints beforehand in the Royal Bar, walk down Hope Street, buy the programme from the seller outside the library, along the lane then into the stand. The slow shuffle at the end to get out the lane for the pub post game.

So many small things that made it a special place.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

All these suggestions are great but equally shows that the club/ultras won't please everyone's tastes. 

Gauging reactions to different pre-match songs over the trial period might have been worthwhile but perhaps it was decided by both parties that "Local Hero" was the only candidate.

For what it's worth, my choice would be The Hives - "Hate to Say I Told You So"