The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't think we're going to get a RB now, sadly, unless sevco loan us that young laddie for free or someone leaves to free up a wage. 

No loans at all so far but I can't see us going without any considering how mcglynn has used them throughout his career. Once the cup is out the way teams will have sorted their squads out a bit more and players will start to become available.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Just had a wee keek at the DU thread and most of them seem to think that they played quite well last night. Maybe we're not as far away as we think?

The pundits last night on the radio thought we were decent and should be favourites for league one this season.

6 minutes ago, tokyo bairn said:

Thanks. Quite pathetic. Definitely time for the club to try and stamp it out - might actually be an opportunity to do so now that there is some kind of organised group.

In particular, since Norrie McCathie condemned the Par's fans who racially abused Richard Cadette.

No place for that whether in a football ground or on the street.

Once they start getting ejected and banned for life it will soon stop, After all, they would be no great loss

I'm amazed if any Dundee United fans think that was a good performance from them last night. A couple of players aside eg Sibbald, they looked very ordinary indeed

Although they created a few chances they also got some massive let offs from the referee and from our own poor finishing. Not to mention the hilarious error they scored their goal from when we were on top.

Probably an improvement on getting beaten by Spartans but they were certainly no where near as good as the Dundee side last season who cruised it against us and won the league (though with just 63 points) which you would have to imagine is their aim. If they don't sign some more quality they won't be going up this year.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, piped up once. I am fairly certain it was only once. I won't bother naming the song that was sung. Given that this section is being done in conjunction with, and with the support of the club, then for me the club should be pulling them in and telling them there will be no support offered to the section if that shite continues. 

If it happened you'd think it would be fed back to the club via the channels they've made available and nipped-in-the-bud.

I'd have thought It would've been discussed at the outset between U1876 and the club that certain songs, banners or behaviours that potentially brought the club into disrepute would be frowned upon.

A lot of goodwill towards this initiative that can quickly be lost which would be a shame.

6 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

If it happened you'd think it would be fed back to the club via the channels they've made available and nipped-in-the-bud.

I'd have thought It would've been discussed at the outset between U1876 and the club that certain songs, banners or behaviours that potentially brought the club into disrepute would be frowned upon.

A lot of goodwill towards this initiative that can quickly be lost which would be a shame.

Its the younger guys that still do it mostly. 13-15 year olds trying to be edgy

McGlynn could eradicate most of our mistakes simply, just tell the defenders if they can safely play the ball about the back that’s fine, if they can’t then there’s no shame in booting it to f**k. I’m nae Pep but it’s as easy as that for me.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Having watched the replay it looks like the ball spun back just as Ageyman was about to pull the trigger.

I'll absolve him of dithering and upgrade it to "unlucky".

Impressed with MacIver and think the plan is he will bring the others into play and be the focal point. 

Requires Ageyman and Morrison to capitalise more often on the flick-ons so really need them to not be as unlucky and clinical.

Should have hit it first time. I was positioned in line with him and just expected him to curl it in to the keepers left. Players should be able to adjust to the spin of the ball particularly when it’s lying flat on the ground.

I don’t hold too much against him though as tried like an ox and created a lot of his own chances. 

57 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I don't remember hearing "the Norrie song" but there was definitely something being sung about "gas a fifer he's deid". 

I said this after the first game at EEP last season but there's absolutely no need for those kind of songs being sung and most of those who are singing them weren't even born when he died. I don't care if Dunfermline fans are singing songs about deceased Falkirk players, we can only deal with our own idiots

It's at times like that that you remember how many of our fans are utter dicks

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

I don't remember hearing "the Norrie song" but there was definitely something being sung about "gas a fifer he's deid". 

I said this after the first game at EEP last season but there's absolutely no need for those kind of songs being sung and most of those who are singing them weren't even born when he died. I don't care if Dunfermline fans are singing songs about deceased Falkirk players, we can only deal with our own idiots

Heard them singing it on the concourse at Hampden in April as well. Utterly pathetic. Tried to tell one of them to shut up and got told to f**k off.

47 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

McGlynn could eradicate most of our mistakes simply, just tell the defenders if they can safely play the ball about the back that’s fine, if they can’t then there’s no shame in booting it to f**k. I’m nae Pep but it’s as easy as that for me.

Exactly - If in doubt houf it it out - nothing wrong with a toebasher for an opposition shy in their own have when required.

49 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think Spencer will help eradicate it as there wasn't anywhere near as much of it against Partick, McGinn's not mobile enough to shift around and take the ball off the defence. 

Its easy to blame the norrie chants on 13-15year olds but we've all been on supporters buses, in pubs or at train station where it's guys older than teenagers (well kent faces) who are just as involved. I remember a few non regulars tried a chant on the Elliot bus a couple years back and were swiftly told to 'shut the f**k up'. We can't complain about the scummy old firm fans if our own support is just as bad. The board need to do something about it or could the podcast guys highlight it to get a bit of conversation going amongst a broader section of fans to help stamp it out 

Just now, martin ritchie said:

Its easy to blame the norrie chants on 13-15year olds but we've all been on supporters buses, in pubs or at train station where it's guys older than teenagers (well kent faces) who are just as involved. I remember a few non regulars tried a chant on the Elliot bus a couple years back and were swiftly told to 'shut the f**k up'. We can't complain about the scummy old firm fans if our own support is just as bad. The board need to do something about it or could the podcast guys highlight it to get a bit of conversation going amongst a broader section of fans to help stamp it out 

Any chance of a few grand for a right back Martin?