The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I’m going to keep casting this up to everyone who slagged him before kicking a ball and IDGAF. 

He’s been brilliant. I think it’s ok for anyone to have reservations regarding a players credentials but shouldn’t just write off anyone. Had loads of players that haven’t arrived with the most promising of CVs and turned out to be fans favourites. Tom Taiwo is one of the most recent I can think of(before Alegria).

In any case, great to see MacIver showing his worth. 

Still early days but certainly things looking good at the moment. Tougher tests will come I'm sure when teams finally work out a better way to play against us and that's when no credit in the bank McGlynn will really earn his money. However I'm delighted with the start so far and hope every player and McGlynn can prove me and plenty others wrong. 

Spencer barely left first gear but controlled the midfield for about 85 mins of the game. He was missold to me as someone who just sits too - he can and does do more than that, popping up in forward areas and taking shots - so much more dynamic than Mcginn 

Felt a tad sorry for Brad McKay in the dugout area sitting on his arse and only used as a shoulder to carry Miller off - looked a lonely job. Hope he finds a club in next week. 

Edited by bairn88

Competent overall performance. Players looking confident and a real willingness and belief from back to front. Application and endeavour from first minute till end. 
Negatives, Miller will be a huge loss as fantastic footy brain and similar to a previous gem David Nichols ( who I don’t think we’ve ever had anyone close to)Yeats - fantastic attitude and an engine that is fantastic, but never a RB. To many errors today.

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not overly arsed for the full content of the interviews but itching to find out re Miller

I was standing nearby when the interview was done and there's nothing conclusive known either way. It could be bad, given that he went down without being in a challenge, but we need to wait and see.  

Having said that, I watched Calvin walk out of the ground afterwards and he didn't appear to be limping so it may be alright. 🤞

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I was standing nearby when the interview was done and there's nothing conclusive known either way. It could be bad, given that he went down without being in a challenge, but we need to wait and see.  

Having said that, I watched Calvin walk out of the ground afterwards and he didn't appear to be limping so it may be alright. 🤞

I think we you twist like that at 3 nil up you go off. The fact that he wasn't stretchered is good, and also that you seen him walk out. But who knows. Iv been really impressed with him last 2 games though. He looks a key player. 

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

This season we have been talking about Miller, MacIver, Ageyman, Spencer and Lang most of the time. Good recruitment?

Absolute no doubt about that. The only gamble is whether the quality in the first 11 pays off enough when the trade off v squad depth bites in, which it will at some point. 

That said, I remain ever hopeful of just that 1 loanee to tip the balance. 

Just now, Springfield said:

So far it looks like the players in are better from recent recruitments. With the budget blown one can argue……….

Of the named new recruits, I think at least three will be through the four figure weekly earnings mark. Better quality than just about anyone in the league could afford, that’s for sure.

19 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Of the named new recruits, I think at least three will be through the four figure weekly earnings mark. Better quality than just about anyone in the league could afford, that’s for sure.

Think we forget

We still have Nesbit, Oliver, McKay and Mackie to cover for injuries!

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A comfy win for 10 man Queens today, at the same venue where you guys just escaped with a point, courtesy of a 96th minute equaliser.

Just saying.

(Obviously, we'll ignore our respective performances against Alloa)

A deserved point at that and had it not been for  Brad McKay and their goal frame getting rattled a few times we would have won. 

10 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Bad error but he made a huge save at 1-0 to keep us ahead. Did the same at the Stirling game, which largely went under appreciated after the match. Hopefully that doesn’t play in his mind too much moving ahead. Able to make those mistakes 3-0 up with only 5 minutes left. 

It was at 0-0 

What a pleasure we are to watch just now. Absolutely purring.

Could all turn to shit at any point and weve still to beat the better teams in the league , particularly Hamilton, but at the moment it's hard not to feel confident going into every game 

Calvin Miller will be a big loss though. Really just want to keep naming the same XI every game. 

Well done to the manager and the squad.