The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I love doing these things. 

You'd expect we can come out cash and squad positive through paying off a percentage of McKay's contract and getting a young guy in on loan from the Premiership. All depends on McKay agreeing (and I know I'd be tempted to sit on a contract like his) but I'd say there's a 50/50 chance.

Extending Bisland will need to be included as I'm sure his deal was only until January. Had a shaky game against QotS, and I can't remember if he's played since, but I'd probably look to keep him as full/centre back cover.

We've got 7 players to play in that 3 around the striker so wouldn't be surprised to see 1 leave. Ola, Oliver or a very decent offer for Morrison the most likely I'd suspect.

Depending on how McGinn looks when he returns to training there may be room for another CM. I'd like to think we can see another striker in even without Allan leaving.

Henderson and MacIver have been great, but there may be an option to put most of the transfer budget into one of these positions.  

Push to 950+ in the FSS by the end of the month and I can see the above being realistic.

Long, Bisland and Ross are all season long loans, Bisland's perfectly fine as a back up right back but I wouldn't fancy him ever covering at centre back.

I'd love to see Lawal get more game time as he's never really had a proper run in the team, he has that bit of magic about him.

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No mention yet, that Stephen McGinn will be on the bench tomorrow. Surprised at how quick that is but McGlynns comments dont strike me as we're going to get a rejuvenated version unfortunately

Aye sounds like he's finished, going by what McGlynn said.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

No mention yet, that Stephen McGinn will be on the bench tomorrow. Surprised at how quick that is but McGlynns comments dont strike me as we're going to get a rejuvenated version unfortunately

At 35 years old and his injury history, he's never going to be 'rejuvenated'.

Edit - now listened to McGlynn's pre match interview and it sounds as if he's done, would imagine this will be his final season

Edited by FK1Bairn

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

If he’s really as done as is being suggested a nice gesture from him would be to retire and allow the club to use his wage on a player that can contribute. Time for him to focus on his media work and coaching job. 

Mentioned this a few weeks ago when the news broke of his appointment/position with the St Mids youth. Been hinted that his brother John has the odd appearance in the dressing room, so it’s a safe bet that he’ll be here till season end with the infrequent subs appearance off the bench. Cant see what he’d bring to the team, apart from some steel if needing to see out games.

I can't help but wonder where he'd even fit into the team right now. Midfield is where Falkirk are strongest at the moment, with Hendo, Spencer and Yeats all sure-fire picks when fit. We got any lethal finishers coming back from injury? We need one of those lol.

Ach, we’re fast approaching the midway point in the season and I think it’s clear McGinn will pack it in at the end of this one. He’s the most experienced head in and around the squad by some considerable distance and I reckon he’d be good to keep in and around the place. He might even be able to play even a bit-part role against some of the weaker teams to allow other players a rest or act as someone to help shore games up with 5-10 minutes to go. If an agreement was reached I wouldn’t be gutted about it, but neither would I be upset if he’s kept on for the remainder of the season, which I think is more likely.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

6 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Not usually in town ahead of the matches but I have some time to kill today. Which pubs are Bairn friendly? I know the Mill is but I don't carry cash. Behind the Wall too i assume?

Scotia or Cheerz though I think it's cash only in Cheerz as well.