The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Club’s  twitter feed looking for volunteers with snow shovels to clear pitch & incredibly photo of our manager working on surface which says it all about the man 🙌

Literally EVERYONE at the stadium was working on the surface. Manager, Asst Manager, CEO, BOD members, kitman, backroom staff, media staff. The whole club were pulling together. 

I turned up at 1240 but couldn't do anything as there were no spare snow shovels. I approached McGlynn and offered to take his shovel so he could do something more important and he told me where to go. 🤣

Compared to this stage last season, we’re 16 points better off with a goal difference of +33 compared to +14.  Credit to every single person. On Agyeman, I don’t blame him today. He went past his man nearly every time but then it broke down. That’s simply down to a lack of game time IMO. He was tearing it up when he played consistently. 

That was such an easy win. McGlynn was right to put the subs on second half even though scoring a hatfull might be useful later in the season but what it confirmed to me was that Allan is not for the current structure and we might as well let him do out on loan or even transfered - clearly he is a player but not one up front. Noone is going to be surprised at that. 

I also thought that if Morrison is away, he didn't milk it going off if that was his last ever game for us?

Been said before, but Miller really is top drawer - far too good for this league. We have 4 great wingers. Agymen / Ross is a clear upgrade on McGuffie and Miller is way better than Kennedy in my opinion.

Really can't see us throwing away the league, probably will now I've said that.

Great performance today. Back to back clean sheets for Hogarth after a shaky Hamilton match will only do him good. Thought he made a few good saves today.

Happy New Year Bairns!

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Compared to this stage last season, we’re 16 points better off with a goal difference of +33 compared to +14.  Credit to every single person. On Agyeman, I don’t blame him today. He went past his man nearly every time but then it broke down. That’s simply down to a lack of game time IMO. He was tearing it up when he played consistently. 

Interesting that Agyeman hasn’t been in the starting eleven since October yet he’s still our third highest goal scorer. Some people on here have wrote him off too quickly and easily. He’s got many attributes and I’m sure will have a significant impact as the season progresses.

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Literally EVERYONE at the stadium was working on the surface. Manager, Asst Manager, CEO, BOD members, kitman, backroom staff, media staff. The whole club were pulling together. 

I turned up at 1240 but couldn't do anything as there were no spare snow shovels. I approached McGlynn and offered to take his shovel so he could do something more important and he told me where to go. 🤣

This just makes me love McGlynn even more. A true working class man that isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He's the reason!

Calvin Miller was an absolute joy to watch today, absolutely sensational.  That's the kind of footballer I am happy to pay good money to go and see. 

Was also delighted for the wee mascot who named Gary Oliver as his favourite player. A peach of a goal from him to make that wee boys day! 

2 hours ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

Been said before, but Miller really is top drawer - far too good for this league. We have 4 great wingers. Agymen / Ross is a clear upgrade on McGuffie and Miller is way better than Kennedy in my opinion.

Really can't see us throwing away the league, probably will now I've said that.

Great performance today. Back to back clean sheets for Hogarth after a shaky Hamilton match will only do him good. Thought he made a few good saves today.

Happy New Year Bairns!

What I really liked was - any time Nicky was involved today, there were shouts of encouragement from all around. It'll be doing his confidence the world of good and I'm sure there's not a soul here who doesn't want him to succeed, even if I do still feel that a more experienced goalie (even as backup) should be on our wishlist.

The first forty five was as good as I’ve seen at TFS. The structure to our passing/movement was simply brilliant and as posted Miller is simply the best we’ve seen in the NB since guys like Latapy graced the park, a class act. Thankfully we found magic shovels that cleared the snow and didn’t damage the surface.

3 assists and 1 goal for Miller says it all today. Safe to say Miller has fully settled in to life at TFS 👍🏻 Agree that oppositions can’t double up on Morrison if the other wing’s just as dangerous. That’s as easy a 5-0 win I’ve seen from us in a long long time. I’d have settled for more goals but understand McGlynn’s game management with the subs, keeping players fresh and injury free with the game well won. The whole team clicked and knew their jobs to a man. Another game down and we increase our goal difference vs Accies and Cove drop points. Barring a catastrophic loss in form, perhaps the league is ours to lose now. Too early! Hoping for a good January window and for McGlynn to work his magic. 🤞

26 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

What I really liked was - any time Nicky was involved today, there were shouts of encouragement from all around. It'll be doing his confidence the world of good and I'm sure there's not a soul here who doesn't want him to succeed, even if I do still feel that a more experienced goalie (even as backup) should be on our wishlist.

Noticed that as well, both from players and the crowd.

5 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Not wanting to dampen anything, but I hope the halftime subs were precautionary rather than anything else. Can't be losing both Spencer and Henderson.

I feel very confident that JM was just rotating the squad since the game was ostensibly won already. He likes a sub, does our John 🤣