The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

I'd be careful with that way of thinking, as my mate is a Morton fan and he wasn't all that bothered about losing Calvin Miller last season (and now look at him!). Sometimes it's the system, or the personnel, or just the right environment and it can make all the difference for a player.

Miller has a much better pedigree than Williamson though. He actually played for Celtic and was a Scottish u21 international he's played now well over a hundred first team games. He has always had real talent but needed to screw the nut a bit. Williamson has never played for rangers and his career has been on a downward spiral for a wee while now. I certainly won't be losing sleep over them signing him.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Miller has a much better pedigree than Williamson though. He actually played for Celtic and was a Scottish u21 international he's played now well over a hundred first team games. He has always had real talent but needed to screw the nut a bit. Williamson has never played for rangers and his career has been on a downward spiral for a wee while now. I certainly won't be losing sleep over them signing him.

Not the sort of signing that will have us jumping through hoops either.

Here's to all the fellow bairns!

Here's to more wins in 2024!

Here's to hopefully making it out League 1 at the end of the season.

Here's to P&B continuing to be plastered in targetted ads featuring the sexiest centre-half in the league.

Screenshot_20240101_003733_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Rizzo

1 hour ago, Higgenarse said:

It's quite annoying there is no new year game in the Diddy leagues. Even the championship has a game on the 2nd

We'd better hope that we go up this season because if we don't and all the leagues stay similar to how they are looking at the moment then the league 1 derbies next season could be the Binos v the Wasps and Us v Stenny! We'd have that Neilly nob haunting us even more than usual. 😱

Actually, with us winning most Saturdays these days he hasn't been around as much as in previous seasons, long may it continue.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 hour ago, BPM Again said:

So is Nesbitts if that is how you are judging it 

I don't really see him as a number ten in the traditional sense though. He plays anywhere from the edge of our box to the edge of the opposition's. A traditional number ten played just behind the number 9 and would be expected to get double figures at least if you ask me. Not many sides play with a traditional number ten these days. Nesbitts really an attacking midfielder who supports the attack more than Henderson or Spencer but also adds extra cover if needed.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't really see him as a number ten in the traditional sense though. He plays anywhere from the edge of our box to the edge of the opposition's. A traditional number ten played just behind the number 9 and would be expected to get double figures at least if you ask me. Not many sides play with a traditional number ten these days. Nesbitts really an attacking midfielder who supports the attack more than Henderson or Spencer but also adds extra cover if needed.

Aye folk still talk about "number 10" like its the old days of 4 4 2. What they seem to really mean is attacking midfielder. 

As an aside, talking about positions using 1 to 11 numbers that haven't been on professional football pitches for christ knows how long gets on my tits. 

"They might be looking at signing a 6 in the window".

f**k off. No one ever identifies the need for cover at left back and starts harping on about a "number 3"

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I think we are really playing with a 4-2-1-3 recently with Nesbitt just in front of Spencer and Hendo but behind the 3 attackers. Think this position has really suited Nesbitt 

I think that’s right, and it takes a lot of defensive work away from Morrison and Miller - Nesbitt will hare around the pitch, and Spencer or Hendo can fill in wide if the other two are caught up the pitch.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye folk still talk about "number 10" like its the old days of 4 4 2. What they seem to really mean is attacking midfielder. 

As an aside, talking about positions using 1 to 11 numbers that haven't been on professional football pitches for christ knows how long gets on my tits. 

"They might be looking at signing a 6 in the window".

f**k off. No one ever identifies the need for cover at left back and starts harping on about a "number 3"

Aye someone like Dennis bergkamp was your traditional number ten. Could score a goal himself obviously but wasn't really a striker. The actual striker or number 9 played of him.

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye someone like Dennis bergkamp was your traditional number ten. Could score a goal himself obviously but wasn't really a striker. The actual striker or number 9 played of him.

Something wrong with using Davie Moss m8?

Playing Football Manager 24. Got Hibs in the Scottish Cup semi-final, playing as Falkirk. Raced into a 3-0 lead after 20 mins. Started getting PTSD for some reason. Can't possibly think why......

3 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Playing Football Manager 24. Got Hibs in the Scottish Cup semi-final, playing as Falkirk. Raced into a 3-0 lead after 20 mins. Started getting PTSD for some reason. Can't possibly think why......

I am on FM 23. Seems piss easy. Heading to the 3rd Champions League title in 4 years, and have just done 9 in a row domestically.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

I am on FM 23. Seems piss easy. Heading to the 3rd Champions League title in 4 years, and have just done 9 in a row domestically.

I've arguably made things easier by downloading a custom database that puts the old firm in England. Thought it would make things more interesting in Scotland. It did.