The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

The pitch was THE major difference today. It completely stopped us from playing a fluent passing game and Bonnyrigg deservedly capitalised.

All this stuff about today being an embarrassment is frankly the most embarrassing thing and makes us look a little arrogant. We are still in the third tier of Scottish football ffs……

What made the pitch the different? 

Both teams had the same conditions  we failed to adapt.

A terrible performance.

That was a f….ing disgusting performance. 

All focus on the league now though. Despite the prays McGllyn has received this season there are concerns still around him. His contract is up at the end of the season and make no mistake if he fails to gain promotion with us he will NOT be here next season. 

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not having that.

If we don’t get promoted this year with our strengthened squad we are in serious, serious trouble.

Cannot rely on income from a cup run to fund the club even if we had won today we could well have gone out in the next round after a less than lucrative tie away to the likes of Ayr or ICT.

Or we could have drawn Celtic away and got 6 figures.

The facts are we have relied on cup money to plug financial holes. We haven't got any other levers to pull. That's now fucked so we absolutely better go up.

This result piles way more pressure onto the league campaign. 

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying simply pointing out that mcglynn watched his reshuffled team lose 2-0 last week (as half time) against a side bottom of the league, his first string come on and win the second half 2-0. These guys that started have probably been at him asking for a start and he's given them it.

Today he's saying the starting 11 are whom I trust. Normally he reaches for his bench at sixty minutes today he's sending a message to those players.

It hasn't worked again today, it will be interesting to see what team starts next week at alloa. If it were me I'd go with the same 11 , bar long for Hogarth. That 11 got us that unbeaten run, we are still unbeaten in the league. The pitch won't be as much of a leveller next week.

We'll really miss that Scottish cup money though 

Even Ross who was decent last week and not subbed wasn't brought on. Then just looks very silly when you do bring 4 subs on all at once in injury time.  Different if we'd been all over them but that simply wasn't the case. Managers made another Horlicks of it. 

3 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Och come to F&£ - these results happen!

That’s a freak result… we’re out the cup, sad, but the bigger picture is the league. NO DOUBT!

Yes, last weeks debacle contributed to this tour of result but let face it our unbeaten run should have ended last week with the “dodgy” penalty decision

Need to get back on the horse next league game. TNS irrelevant. 

McGlynn has done so will this season as has the team. One result means F£&@ all in the grand scheme of things. 

No excuses the park was the same for both teams… steady the ship and get back on course in a fortnight. 

If you're not concerned about a possible collapse then I don't know what to tell you. That's two woeful performances back to back now. Alloa away next week is terrifying me.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not having that.

If we don’t get promoted this year with our strengthened squad we are in serious, serious trouble.

Cannot rely on income from a cup run to fund the club even if we had won today we could well have gone out in the next round after a less than lucrative tie away to the likes of Ayr or ICT.

We could have but if we didn't have a cup run last year we probably would be coming off a 25 match unbeaten run right now.

I'm not saying rely on it. I'm saying try and get as far as possible in it and reap the benefits.

It shouldn't be one or the other. If that's the attitude we have why even bother with the cup?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Correct. A shite result but far from sort sort of humiliation. 

Disagree totally, our players will be humiliated by this. However I think on the playing side we have a lot of guys with winning mentality’s at the moment and they won’t want a repeat of the last 2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I did. What put us at such a disadvantage that we shouldn't be confident beating a part time league 2 team on it?

Of course we should have won but the pitch was a major leveller and we underperformed as a result.

What is it you don’t understand here?

Edited by roman_bairn

25 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

He doesn't trust his bench, especially after last week. This week no better.

McGlynn threw 6 of them under a bus last week.

22 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Unspeakably bad.

It's not just the embarrassing result. It's the financial loss. Thos could be 2 or 3 players in the summer now lost. 

Got exactly what we deserved today. Nothing.

1000%

We started 2nd half well then fell out of it. A sub or two should've been made then not when it was trying to make two rabbits appear from the hat.

A basic 4-4-2 would've been my formation today, we pumped balls up in the box that were pointless, yes the pitch was a leveller and for me Spencer and Miller suffered most of it but we still should've had enough today.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Even Ross who was decent last week and not subbed wasn't brought on. Then just looks very silly when you do bring 4 subs on all at once in injury time.  Different if we'd been all over them but that simply wasn't the case. Managers made another Horlicks of it. 

Again, don't disagree with you. I thought his pre game changes to personnel and formations last week were astonishing. I also would have had subs on earlier today. Im trying to remain positive though, he's got us to 26 unbeaten and we are still top of the league with a cushion. 

Alloa next week looking increasingly important now. Solid win would help us forget two awful results 

Congratulations to Bonnyrigg probably shaded it and we never got to grips with the conditions even after the lifeline of the equaliser which was disappointing.

26 was a club record for a reason we’re not Celtic or rangers. 

Disappointing 2 weeks in a row but Alloa next week is the important one. Win there  and lots is forgotten.

More important than anything is we seen to have come through pretty much unscathed 

Hogarth in and Long sent back freeing up wages please 

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Or we could have drawn Celtic away and got 6 figures.

The facts are we have relied on cup money to plug financial holes. We haven't got any other levers to pull. That's now fucked so we absolutely better go up.

This result piles way more pressure onto the league campaign. 

The point I made was that we were just as likely (or even more so) to make a very modest amount from future ties than the serious cash to be made from an away glamour tie.

Win the league and this will be forgotten about.

Just now, latapythelegend said:

We could have but if we didn't have a cup run last year we probably would be coming off a 25 match unbeaten run right now.

I'm not saying rely on it. I'm saying try and get as far as possible in it and reap the benefits.

It shouldn't be one or the other. If that's the attitude we have why even bother with the cup?

It's been a good while mind you since we lost a Scottish cup tie to a lower league side. Stenny in 2018 I reckon was the last one and then before that was stenny again under Lambie.  It happens now and again just our record against lower league opposition is very good over the years. Unfortunately it wasn't to be this season.

Disappointing result and a shame that's the end of a phenomenal run.

Normally love the cup but this year I'm only interested in the league, we had to lose at some point so this is better than in the league.

Major concern is conceding 4 goals to set prices in the last 2 games so that needs to be addressed. 

Alloa next week will be a tough game on a tight pitch so want to see the guys fired up to get back winning again.

Think it's important for the fans to stay positive, particularly at the next home game, a lot of complaining on negativity from the stands and we will be back to where we've been in the past which this team doesn't deserve, up to us to hold our nerve just like the players now.