The Falkirk FC Thread

Great banter here between Accies and Falkirk reminiscent of our previous title challenges with Dundee in years gone by when both clubs would pull stunts on each other and this is another one.

Fwiw,I liked Tait as there is a player there but there is also a stinking attitude which if sorted would see him playing regularly at a higher level.

He strikes me as one of those players who if managed correctly will be dynamite,but if not he will drift from club to club.

John McGlynn knows him better than most,so time will tell.

54 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

We binned him last week because he had a stinking attitude. About average ability but thinks he is way better than he actually is.

42 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

God knows what Falkirk are thinking here I was delighted to see him leave personally. He's a bang average player with an awful attitude every time he got subbed off he threw a meltdown. Surely he will be more of a backup? 

Accies only asked him out for a laugh, didn't really fancy him.

10 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

He strikes me as one of those players who if managed correctly will be dynamite,but if not he will drift from club to club.

He should be nowhere near Falkirk. I don’t think it was his debut but he came on in a cup tie v Livi (who had Dykes et all) and absolutely ran the show. I think he could be in that situation now where he either does a Shankland or Kevin Nisbet where he realises he has to screw the nut if he wants to make it and really kicks on or he just drifts down the leagues. The talent is there, I have heard from people who saw him at youth level he was the best 14/15/16 year old they’d seen in years etc.

Edited by Enigma

12 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Thats just a flat out lie, do better.

Surprising from Falkirk he was distinctly average a big club like Falkirk could do a lot better, some top level trolling from your board though well done.

It's not though. He did it about 3 or 4 times.

Our best 11 still picks itself so anyone who comes in will have to show a lot in the limited game time they'll get or they'll drift quickly down the pecking order. Barring injuries, of course

42 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

You often see players with attitude problems at smaller clubs turn that round with a move to a big club. 

Let's see if that plays out here.

You also often see players with attitude problems think they are a lot better than what they actually are. 

Let's see if that plays out here. 

There is definitely a player there - Hibs paid us £100k for him and that doesn't happen by accident. However, his loan spells don't appear to be yielding very much and he's going to be fortunate if he gets a club offering him a FT contract upon his inevitable departure from Hibs if he doesn't get his act together. McGlynn knows him well so should be best placed to do that. 

Don't really understand this one. We've plenty cover in the midfield positions with Nesbitt and Yeats able to drop in there if Spencer or Hendo are missing as well as McGinn.

We need a GK and would have prioritised a Rudden type loan striker over another midfielder too as Shanley and Allan quite weak back up imo

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Don't really understand this one. We've plenty cover in the midfield positions with Nesbitt and Yeats able to drop in there if Spencer or Hendo are missing as well as McGinn.

We need a GK and would have prioritised a Rudden type loan striker over another midfielder too as Shanley and Allan quite weak back up imo

Disagree, in the limited game time he’s had I think Shanley looks a real handful and an ideal back up for McIver.  Rudden would certainly offer us a different type of striker as an option however as I don’t think Allan is good enough, can see him struggling to get another full time gig when he’s inevitably released. 

14 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

f**k me is it the first of February already? That was some sleep.......

13 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

For me, we should have signed another CH. As you say, we've got cover in midfield, but only Mackie available to cover the CH positions.

20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

For me, we should have signed another CH. As you say, we've got cover in midfield, but only Mackie available to cover the CH positions.

And Hendo.

But with Mckay leaving I'd be surprised if we weren't working on bringing in another centre back.

Lawal and Allan are probably chomping at the bit to be the next out the door. Especially when we sign Zak Rudden.

Goalkeeper
1. Sam Long - On loan from Lincoln City
31. Nicky Hogarth

Defender
14. Finn Yeats
2. Tom Lang
6. Coll Donaldson
26. Sean Mackie
3. Leon Mccann
20. Layton Bisland - On loan from Dundee United

Midfielder
8. Brad Spencer
5. Liam Henderson
4. Stephen McGinn
21. Ola Lawal
10. Aidan Nesbitt
Dylan Tait - On loan from Hibs
18. Gary Oliver
7. Callumn Morrison
29. Calvin Miller
11. Alfredo Agyeman
23. Ethan Ross - On loan from Raith

Striker
9. Jordan Allan
17. Ross MacIver
19. Ryan Shanley

Edited by FFC 1876

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

And Hendo.

But with Mckay leaving I'd be surprised if we weren't working on bringing in another centre back.

Lawal and Allan are probably chomping at the bit to be the next out the door. Especially when we sign Zak Rudden.

Goalkeeper
1. Sam Long - On loan from Lincoln City
31. Nicky Hogarth

Defender
14. Finn Yeats
2. Tom Lang
6. Coll Donaldson
26. Sean Mackie
3. Leon Mccann
20. Layton Bisland - On loan from Dundee United

Midfielder
8. Brad Spencer
5. Liam Henderson
4. Stephen McGinn
21. Ola Lawal
10. Aidan Nesbitt
Dylan Tait - On loan from Hibs
18. Gary Oliver
7. Callumn Morris, 
29. Calvin Miller
11. Alfredo Agyeman
23. Ethan Ross - On loan from Raith

Striker
9. Jordan Allan
17. Ross MacIver
19. Ryan Shanley

I wouldn't want to have to take Hendo out of the midfield though, rather there was a natural replacement.

Think that's a good signing really, cover for the middle that could potentially see mcginn leaving for a coaching role. 

As much as the Hamilton fans are slating him now, he's played 25 times in central midfield this season for a team that's barely lost a game in the league and is a cut above every team bar us, so he obviously isn't as bad as all that.

In terms of the attitude he may have an issue but he's played with several of our players before and McGlynn has previously managed him so can't see that being an issue.

He's no doubt been told he's not going to walk straight into the starting 11 so will have made his peace with that before signing.