The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

1 week till we play a football match. 

1 week is the standard amount of time between football matches. 

Imagine if we don’t win 😳

5 hours ago, BPM said:

So how can you get funding when something is not even approved? 

My understanding is this is standard practice for any sort of community lottery/ government funding etc.

You wouldn't want to incur substantial costs getting a full suite of design drawings prepared, ecological surveys etc for Planning Permission, then even more for a Building Warrant package - only to have your funding request turned down. I can't speak for Engineers but your Architects fees alone for all that would probably run to at least £20k. 

A QS should be able to prepare an initial cost plan off some fairly simple sketches based on standard construction build-ups. Then I believe the foundation will have had to jump through a number of hoops to secure funding against that estimate. Once you have the approval you can start moving forward with the more detailed design. I reckon it will move quite quickly as I understand this sort of funding is often only ringfenced until the end of the next financial year ie April 2025 (where the project needs to be completed, not just started on site). 

I have no idea what the actual process will be for this specific project though, hopefully someone from the Foundation will be able to shed some light. We'll just have to think of something else to put in one of the corner pods now :lol:

13 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I had a look on the planning portal the other day for it but couldnt see anything yet. Apparently the building will be positioned well clear of the area earmarked for the 4th stand 

According to the Herald the building will be positioned next door to the KM7, so not on the east side.

On another note, was it 5-1 last night and come on the Annan today!

13 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

My understanding is this is standard practice for any sort of community lottery/ government funding etc.

You wouldn't want to incur substantial costs getting a full suite of design drawings prepared, ecological surveys etc for Planning Permission, then even more for a Building Warrant package - only to have your funding request turned down. I can't speak for Engineers but your Architects fees alone for all that would probably run to at least £20k. 

A QS should be able to prepare an initial cost plan off some fairly simple sketches based on standard construction build-ups. Then I believe the foundation will have had to jump through a number of hoops to secure funding against that estimate. Once you have the approval you can start moving forward with the more detailed design. I reckon it will move quite quickly as I understand this sort of funding is often only ringfenced until the end of the next financial year ie April 2025 (where the project needs to be completed, not just started on site). 

I have no idea what the actual process will be for this specific project though, hopefully someone from the Foundation will be able to shed some light. We'll just have to think of something else to put in one of the corner pods now :lol:

Thanks, sounds like it has a way to go before it gets the go ahead. You would have thought they would have kept this under wraps a bit until it was much closer to actually happening. 

33 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

No need for another stand to mirror the existing infrastructure for no other reason it looks ascetically pleasing.

The most cost-effective, cheapest structure should be the one we go for and the simpler the better.

Hardcore banking, Concreted stepped layout for mixed terracing, seating. 15 rows deep, Toilets, Turnstiles, Catering behind.

58 minutes ago, BPM said:

Thanks, sounds like it has a way to go before it gets the go ahead. You would have thought they would have kept this under wraps a bit until it was much closer to actually happening. 

Seems a bit risk tbh. It’d clutter the area and in any case, the ctty pitch will have to go at some stage. The Scotdrone picture is just an illustration but the ctty pitch is slap-bang in the middle of where the approach and I suppose car park will have to be for the final stand. Guess this planning application will need tooked closely at. 
IMG_4922.thumb.jpeg.30a7ef633c24f7da00a16b114e819bd7.jpeg

Edited by StuartA

Just now, Latapy is god said:

Well done to the club on extending his contract.  To think some wanted to wait until the end of the season.

Definitely the right decision. Ross County and Livi would start sniffing soon I think. 

Edited by Rugster

4 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Well done to the club on extending his contract.  To think some wanted to wait until the end of the season.

If it is an extension it had to happen now. How can the expect players to resign when they don’t know what the situation is with the manager? 

Just now, BPM said:

If it is an extension it had to happen now. How can the expect players to resign when they don’t know what the situation is with the manager? 

Exactly. He had hinted at it when Hendo and Coll extended saying he was looking forward to working with them for another two years. 

Excellent news. His recruitment has been brilliant, his style of play is entertaining and the players love working with him.

I wonder if there’s still people out there who think we should replace him with Alan Maybury 🥴