The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Reading the FH sounds like McCann’s hedging his bets on us getting promoted first before deciding whether to stay. Probably wants to see other offers which might come in during the summer. 

No issues with that, to be perfectly honest. I can't help but wonder if that's the case with Callumn also. I know it's been reported that he's "expected" to sign for Linfield, but I'm yet to see any actual proof of this? Just because he was spotted in Norn Iron doesn't mean he's defo signed.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Reading the FH sounds like McCann’s hedging his bets on us getting promoted first before deciding whether to stay. Probably wants to see other offers which might come in during the summer. 

Or he’s angling for more money

19 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

No issues with that, to be perfectly honest. I can't help but wonder if that's the case with Callumn also. I know it's been reported that he's "expected" to sign for Linfield, but I'm yet to see any actual proof of this? Just because he was spotted in Norn Iron doesn't mean he's defo signed.

Based on nothing but my own suspicions, I reckon Cal’s probably signed a PCA with them but it’s been kept private (for now). We’ll find out soon enough.

I think if we do go up there wouldn’t be wholesale changes. I could see maybe  6/7 new players coming in. A new keeper with Nicky as back up, another striker or two. I would honestly consider keeping Shanley and if we could get Tait and Ross then another 2 or 3 tops would do. 

I don’t think there would be that many departures either. Morrison if the rumours are true, I think the likes of Ola, Jordan Allan, McGinn would be gone and possibly Sean Mackie. Other than that I think the rest could do a job and if they aren’t starting 11’s be squad players.

17 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

One thing we've learned is wholesale changes don't work. Evolution not revolution. 

Plus there will be a lot of camaraderie and good feeling built up within the management team and squad.

37 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think if we do go up there wouldn’t be wholesale changes. I could see maybe  6/7 new players coming in. A new keeper with Nicky as back up, another striker or two. I would honestly consider keeping Shanley and if we could get Tait and Ross then another 2 or 3 tops would do. 

I don’t think there would be that many departures either. Morrison if the rumours are true, I think the likes of Ola, Jordan Allan, McGinn would be gone and possibly Sean Mackie. Other than that I think the rest could do a job and if they aren’t starting 11’s be squad players.

Add McKay and Oliver to that list. Bisland will also leave at the end of his loan. 

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Plus there will be a lot of camaraderie and good feeling built up within the management team and squad.

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The hard bit is the judgement if the top performers of the previous season can cut it in the higher league over a season. Get that wrong then crucial positional shortcomings cripple the season . Bomber Brown and John Hay were an impressive centre back pairing in the 70's but just did not cut it in a higher league.

Think people will be surprised at who is moved on. It will be interesting but in the end it will be a nice problem as it's rejigging a promoted side.

Here's hoping

30 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Hope this is the day that we put the big game flops to bed!

I don’t buy this idea that there’s much of a pattern. Big games by their nature are tough so we’ll lose our fair share. I have faith in this team though. 

13 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I don’t buy this idea that there’s much of a pattern. Big games by their nature are tough so we’ll lose our fair share. I have faith in this team though. 

Since McGlynn came in I would say that the Hibs and DU games could be described as 'big' and we did ok in those.

1 hour ago, TheFalkirkBairn said:

Heading to BTW for a pre match pint for the first time in years. They still do the bus down to the ground right? What time does it leave? 

I’m sure this gets asked every week 😬 apologies! 

No idea mate, elliots have a bus though. Although might be sold out by now

If I may be indulged in some borderline birthday caird pish....

Every era needs days to define it. By era I mean the years of turgid shite, covid, the Succession of shite managers and Gary Holts at our lowest. It's been year now not a blip. I am so desperate for today not to just be three points, but to be the one we are talking about seasons from now on here. Today can be for the new board and the tirelsss work to stabilise the club and get up on the upswing, the FSS and the unbelievable work they have done even whilst in the football doldrums, the most likeable team since Housties, the fans who have suffered but still show up, and the ones that suffered but aren't here to see 5.5k Bairns at a League 1 match. 

This is what it's all about. This is why none of us are sat in the big chair screeching about the IRA or the UVF and how VAR isnae fair. 

I fucking hope we win today cos its been a long time since we can say top to bottom of our club, we finally deserve it. 

MON THE FUCKING BAIRNS!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

This is the team and players we'll be boring our kids about. Clubber Lang is 7ft tall, destroys strikers by the hundreds and shoots thunderbolts from his arse. 

I was shooting thunderbolts from my arse this morning after a serious night on the Guinness in a country pub lock in in deepest Ireland.

Scunnered to be missing the game.