The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, BPM said:

We are now 1/20 on Bet365 to win the league. Win on Tuesday and that will be 1/25 or even shorter. The Bookies don’t get many things wrong and very rarely as spectacularly as this.   

I bet Morton could screw it up from here. 😂

Oh feck. I just thought of something. When we go up we'll have to deal with all those roasters they can fans polluting the FFC thread again. 

Fantastic result and day overall yesterday. It has been a long 5 years in coming, but it finally looks like we are getting out of here. 

Great performance first 30 minutes and looked like we would get another couple. Hamilton then came back into it and we made things hard for ourselves second half. However, we showed great battling spirit to hold on for the three points.

Attention will soon turn to next season (in my view, we will need better quality in a number of positions to challenge at the top end as John has stated). But let’s get it wrapped up officially first.

43 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I bet Morton could screw it up from here. 😂

Oh feck. I just thought of something. When we go up we'll have to deal with all those roasters they can fans polluting the FFC thread again. 

One of my best mates is from Greenock. I'm probably more used to this than most! Don't think they'll forget us pinching Ray McKinnon anytime soon.

Been said already but a fantastic attendance yesterday (the number given of just under 5500 bairns still doesn’t quite add up for me given there were less than 150 tickets left at 2pm).

Won’t be possible for everyone, but if we could even get 5000 of those attending regularly, it would make a big difference to the atmosphere and budget.

A big part of that imo will be building on the positive momentum on and off the pitch this season. Not expecting a title challenge necessarily but there will need to be an element of speculating to accumulate for me.

40 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

(in my view, we will need better quality in a number of positions to challenge at the top end as John has stated).

Unquestionably. However hoping that the spine of the team (GK -exception) are still in place, as I’ve not seen any better in the current championship, of course should we go up..

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Unquestionably. However hoping that the spine of the team (GK -exception) are still in place, as I’ve not seen any better in the current championship, of course should we go up..

I’d love us to keep the majority of the squad. Would still say that starting 11 deserves a shot at the division up, though the expectation is that one or two will leave.

If we can tie up the league, or near as dammit, as early as possible then that gives the manager the breathing space to think about it.

I’d guess ST sales, especially in the south stand, will be much higher and if the commercial performance keeps improving as it has, then that’ll give a decent start, even if we know the long-standing deficit is there and there’s not much in the bank. But it’s much easier to market everything on the back of success than failure. 

29 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The

highlights missed but watch this!

What I loved about this is the amount of young fans we now have. It is great for the future and it fills my heart with joy.

All the hard work of the last 2.5 years to rebuild this club from the ruins it was left in by lots of people from the Boardroom, volunteers, staff, management team, players, fans, patrons, and sponsors looks like is going to pay off. We should all give ourselves a collective pat on the back when/if promotion is achieved. 

Edited by BPM

4 minutes ago, BPM said:

What I loved about this is the amount of young fans we now have. It is great for the future and it fills my heart with joy.

All the hard work of the last 2.5 years to rebuild this club from the ruins it was left in by lots of people from the Boardroom, volunteers, staff, management team, players, fans, and sponsors looks like is going to pay off. We should all give ourselves a collective pat on the back when/if promotion is achieved. 

When you are in the KM7 STAND you dont appreciate the effect the Ultras have. Wonderful!!

9 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

When you are in the KM7 STAND you dont appreciate the effect the Ultras have. Wonderful!!

One of the first times I've heard the main stand catch on to the songs from the ultras. It spreads through the whole stadium now and is getting everyone up and buzzing. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

One of the first times I've heard the main stand catch on to the songs from the ultras. It spreads through the whole stadium now and is getting everyone up and buzzing. 

There's a chance, cause I was one of them, that the South Stand selling out as early as it did meant there were quite a few in the main stand who'd normally be in the KM7.

3 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

There's a chance, cause I was one of them, that the South Stand selling out as early as it did meant there were quite a few in the main stand who'd normally be in the KM7.

Maybe. But where I sit seems to be mostly season ticket holders that I recognise and they were all up for it more than usual. Think credit goes to the whole stadium for yesterday but it stems from the ultras and radiates out. 

36 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I’d love us to keep the majority of the squad. Would still say that starting 11 deserves a shot at the division up, though the expectation is that one or two will leave.

If we can tie up the league, or near as dammit, as early as possible then that gives the manager the breathing space to think about it.

I’d guess ST sales, especially in the south stand, will be much higher and if the commercial performance keeps improving as it has, then that’ll give a decent start, even if we know the long-standing deficit is there and there’s not much in the bank. But it’s much easier to market everything on the back of success than failure. 

We have a decent number of players out of contract or with loans ending who I’d be moving on- Hogarth, Long, Bisland, McKay, Mackie, McGinn, Oliver, Lawal and Shanley.

If John can get better quality in to replace these, some of the current starting 11 will end up on the bench over time imo.