The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I thought I was the only one who noticed that, as I have him on 51 too. I gave him both goals against Kelty as he was so close he must have got a touch and I doubt anyone could prove otherwise. 

If I mind I'll ask next time I see him. 

Goal Falkirk 3rd (1) .jpg

I even went back and watched the highlights again!

Definitely an OG for me, so I've corrected my records. 

12 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I know it is League One but i think this is one of the very best seasons to be a Falkirk Fan- and i have seen about 60 seasons. It is not just us winning but the way we are attacking is sensational. Well done players,management and Ultras

Been watching the Bairns since 1970 I think.  We have never had a season like this, results wise, in my lifetime.  We have had way better teams and better players, and yes, we are in a very poor league in comparison, but nevertheless, there has never been a more succesfull season to watch the Bairns.  I don't think any of us could have, in our wildest dreams, thought we could be unbeaten in our 24th game of the season.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I know it is League One but i think this is one of the very best seasons to be a Falkirk Fan- and i have seen about 60 seasons. It is not just us winning but the way we are attacking is sensational. Well done players,management and Ultras

It’s almost a bigger deal because it’s League One. The club was fk’d, an inch away from dying never mind having to go part time, like the last time we were in the third tier. That we’re turning it round is a huge achievement from all the Falkirk family. Get this done, then onto the next phase. 

I Thought Ross was very good and showed what he can do when given a start. Think he is worth keeping next season if not a ridiculous wage.

Also thought Tait was very good when he came on, some lovely touches and passes.

To be fair everyone was on it tonight.

7 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Been watching the Bairns since 1970 I think.  We have never had a season like this, results wise, in my lifetime.  We have had way better teams and better players, and yes, we are in a very poor league in comparison, but nevertheless, there has never been a more succesfull season to watch the Bairns.  I don't think any of us could have, in our wildest dreams, though we could be unbeaten in our 24th game of the season.

Exactly. Put the title on  the back burner for now and let’s just enjoy the ride. It’s a game at a time. 

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Another 3 points for the Brilliant Bairns in the bag... but still no guarantee of anything above 8th place.

A 36 point, 63 goal turnaround could see Stirling pip us.

A win at Kelty on Saturday would see us guarantee a dreamy top half finish!

10th ❌

9th ❌

8th ❔

7th ❔

6th ❔

5th ❔

4th ❔

3rd ❔

2nd ❔

1st ❔

That’s nonsense every team can’t win every game 

18 minutes ago, spratte said:

That’s nonsense every team can’t win every game 

Stop being so serious. It'll get more accurate as we progress. 

15 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

He’s still smarting from big disappointments like the 2015 Cup Final loss, hence, the reason for that post.

Cheers, another relapse on the way to derail my recovery 😄

The way this is shaping up, and trying to not to get too far ahead,  but on current form Montrose away on the 30th of March or Cove at home a week later is when we finally get to f**k out of this shit hole of a league. 5 weeks to banish 5 years of misery! Come on 

Edited by BPM

I hope it’s not the Cove game - it’s the only home game I won’t be able to make this season!

Although it annoyed me slightly not to get my usual seats (I know I know), it was really good to see the KM7 full for a Tuesday night game.  Really wasn’t expecting that and maybe we’re starting to convert some of the big game hunters into regulars.

13 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

A very good point has been raised on another thread.

Is this a "romp" to the title? A "procession"? A "charge"? Or is it a Brockville Hop to the title?

All of the above. How fortunate we are that Hamilton have gifted us the title as opposed to us coasting to it