The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Queen’s Park are also paying fortunes, you think Danny Wilson came back from America for £500 a week? The team or teams relegated will also have players tied up on big money, especially if Ross County are one of them where McGregor will bankroll a promotion push like he’s done after previous relegations. Outwith those two or three clubs I’d like to think with a few more FSS sign ups we’d be able to be competitive budget wise with any of the other clubs however. 

Add Rothy Ravers to that list too. 

Very very happy.  I would also like to quietly point to some posters who couldn’t wait to see the back of him last summer.

when he plays well, he plays very well.  And having a happy bunch of players - which we clearly have just now - makes everyone play well. 

Happy days.  It’s taken a while, but feels like Ruggy could even shift his steeple to a slightly more priapic position now…

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Add Rothy Ravers to that list too. 

I know the new owners are putting extra finance in but are they really spending that big comparatively to the other teams on players? We were obviously able to match or better the extensions they’d offered both Lang and Spencer. 

On the subject of words for chants, can someone inform me of the first line to ‘we hate Paul Hartley too’, because I do indeed hate Paul Hartley and would like to join in 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I know the new owners are putting extra finance in but are they really spending that big comparatively to the other teams on players? We were obviously able to match or better the extensions they’d offered both Lang and Spencer. 

Rudden, Byrne and Ashcroft won't have been cheap loans for a start. Then there's paying money for Jack Hamilton on a 3 year deal.

They won't be anywhere near Dundee United's wage bill but they'll have players on more than us. Did they even offer Lang & Spencer a new deal?

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Rudden, Byrne and Ashcroft won't have been cheap loans for a start. Then there's paying money for Jack Hamilton on a 3 year deal.

They won't be anywhere near Dundee United's wage bill but they'll have players on more than us. Did they even offer Lang & Spencer a new deal?

Yes, both had pretty well reported options of 1 year extensions on the table. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

12 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Yes they are

10 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

On the subject of words for chants, can someone inform me of the first line to ‘we hate Paul Hartley too’, because I do indeed hate Paul Hartley and would like to join in 

We all hate Jim Leishman

Terrific interview with Mccann too, wee man couldn't stop smiling. 

Yeats next and then Shanley, Ross and Tait can prove themselves worthy of being here next season over the next few months. Quality over quantity again this summer and we'll be in right good shape.

New
Yeats/Adams Coll Lang Mccann
Spencer Hendo
Morrison Nesbitt Miller
MacIver

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeats next and then Shanley, Ross and Tait can prove themselves worthy of being here next season over the next few months. Quality over quantity again this summer and we'll be in right good shape.

New
Yeats/Adams Coll Lang Mccann
Spencer Hendo
Morrison Nesbitt Miller
MacIver

There’ll just have to be some tough decisions made. Refined squad has worked well this season. No point going in next year with the same guys who can barely get a game this season, with the added quality Mcglynn I’m sure will be looking for in the summer meaning they’ll be even further out the picture. A good problem to have though 

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aye, and how many players paraphrase Charles Dickens in an interview?

"I've been through the worst of times and the best of times"

Brilliant.

37 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Have you seen their squad? Dundee United have some very good individual players but nothing like the strength in depth that Raith have. In the game last Friday they were bringing the likes of Brown, Connolly, Hamilton and Easton off the bench, absolutely ridiculous. Their three loan signings in January/February  - Ashcroft, Rudden, Turner - are not exactly screaming "consolidation" to me. Rather, they have recognised that DU are not a great team, and are managed by an absolute clown - and they're chucking a shitload at it in an attempt to get up this season. And it may just pay off for them. Their squad is very, very good for that level, but it won't be coming cheap.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

Have you seen their squad? Dundee United have some very good individual players but nothing like the strength in depth that Raith have. In the game last Friday they were bringing the likes of Brown, Connolly, Hamilton and Easton off the bench, absolutely ridiculous. Their three loan signings in January/February  - Ashcroft, Rudden, Turner - are not exactly screaming "consolidation" to me. Rather, they have recognised that DU are not a great team, and are managed by an absolute clown - and they're chucking a shitload at it in an attempt to get up this season. And it may just pay off for them. Their squad is very, very good for that level, but it won't be coming cheap.

I’ve always wondered is it a case of Raith chucking loads of money at it? Or do they just have a manager and a board that can identify some really good players for this level. The likes of Dylan Easton, Scott brown, Connolly were just really nifty signings. I doubt there was a long line of clubs that had bigger budgets than Raith rovers wanting to sign them. Vaughn came through their youth academy and the likes of Ashcroft, rudden, and turner have most like just seen that Raith is a good club to join at the moment. Will they really be offering these players shitloads more than Dunfermline or Patrick thistle? All being said I don’t doubt they have spent money this year but they are getting the fans through the gate to pay for all this. 3rd highest attendance in the championship I think. 

Please do excuse me for most likely getting ahead of myself. But this is Morrisons 5th season with us. Just signed a new two year deal, so let’s say he’s with for that length of time. That’ll be 7 years he will have been with the club. If he can continue a similar goal scoring record in the championship does that mean he’s a Falkirk “legend”.