The Falkirk FC Thread

Is the current Hamilton run (from being top in December with a game in hand) to now 2nd and 16 points behind, worse than our crash in 2021 against Partick? We managed 1 point from 18 when we threw it away, finishing 8 points behind.

I can't seem to find a website that allows you to scroll through the league week by week.

21 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Is the current Hamilton run (from being top in December with a game in hand) to now 2nd and 16 points behind, worse than our crash in 2021 against Partick? We managed 1 point from 18 when we threw it away, finishing 8 points behind.

I can't seem to find a website that allows you to scroll through the league week by week.

Wasn’t it us who had the game in hand in December?

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I want the club to go over the top with goods to commemorate our win. Could be a great money maker

When I was involved in the media (2004-2015) We produced a "Yearbook" during the Premier League seasons. If ever there was a season for resurrecting that, I would think this is it?

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Underage drinking - I used to go with Bubble (Brian Guthrie) to the Centurion after each home game. I was 13 and could pass for maybe 16 but no-one cared. I'd manage a crazy 4 or 5 pints then get on a bus home to Denny swallowing polo mints. I only once got drunk enough that my mother realised I was pissed. I think that illegal drinking however made me less of a drinker in later life although I always loved beer.

In fact the reason why I drink heavy to this day (and try asking for that from a Millennial bar person these days) was it was the only beer I had heard of when it was my time to go up and buy and I was nervous enough as it was to ask for anything more complicated than "3 pints of heavy please." When did the Centurion close?

Many a good Thursday night 'Upstairs in the Chari' to hear Brian Findlay play the new releases before they went on sale on Friday in his record shop. Clever marketing by Mr F

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Iv been in a couple of pubs where a proper, full scale eruption happened. Seen loads of pub brawls over the years but only two that were like that. It's equal parts hilarious and Terrifying. One of them in particular it was all my mates that were involved and me and another boy were standing when it all kicked off, shit flying everywhere, and I can remember us both looking around to see where we should get involved, but everyone was winning their individual battles... So we ended up standing there laughing at it all. Pure bedlam. 

I always remember as a youngster my dad, for whatever reason, decided to change it up before a home game and took me into the drookit duck. I was pretty young at the time so was told to sit in the corner, before I knew it, place had a bunch of motherwell lads in putting the place up in the air, old Man had to shield me from the projectiles and tables flying about. Never really seen any other bother with Falkirk pre game in a pub. 

Based on their first 26 games of the season at a points per game ratio of 1.88 (their form is much worse over more recent games), Hamilton will now finish around the 68 point mark.

If we beat Annan on Saturday we will be on 68 points. Theoretically if we win on Saturday we probably wouldn't need to play our last 10 games and still win the league.

In reality, I still think it is most likely to be around the end of March we can officially win this, probably around the home to Edinburgh game on the 23rd, obviously depends on results for both sides between now and then. As an example, despite their poor form I can't see Hamilton losing to Edinburgh at home on the 9th March and we have some tricky away ties in March so I think all things being equal it will be late March, but you never know.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

1 hour ago, 60`s bairn said:

When I was involved in the media (2004-2015) We produced a "Yearbook" during the Premier League seasons. If ever there was a season for resurrecting that, I would think this is it?

Always enjoyed those. Would like to see something similar come back.

I edited, designed and wrote much of the Millennium Player book - we sold 600+ at £30 each in a month (and I did the whole thing from start to finish inlcuding layout and printing in 6 weeks with others helping all the interviews with the players). The only cost was the printing as we all did it for free. That's something of a profit. I'd love to do something similar if we do an invincible season.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Based on their first 26 games of the season at a points per game ratio of 1.88 (their form is much worse over more recent games), Hamilton will now finish around the 68 point mark.

If we beat Annan on Saturday we will be on 68 points. Theoretically if we win on Saturday we probably wouldn't need to play our last 10 games and still win the league.

In reality, I still think it is most likely to be around the end of March we can officially win this, probably around the home to Edinburgh game on the 23rd, obviously depends on results for both sides between now and then. As an example, despite their poor form I can't see Hamilton losing to Edinburgh at home on the 9th March and we have some tricky away ties in March so I think all things being equal it will be late March, but you never know.

Didn't Edinburgh beat Hamilton at NDP earlier in the season? 

Anyway, I've got my tickets for the Edinburgh game on 23rd March. My son's pal is a mascot that day so hoping there's a right good party atmosphere that day

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I was actually (sadly) looking at this earlier. I think you will win it either Edinburgh or QOTS game. Do you think Falkirk fans will still travel in big numbers for the remaining games once you win the league?

5 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I was actually (sadly) looking at this earlier. I think you will win it either Edinburgh or QOTS game. Do you think Falkirk fans will still travel in big numbers for the remaining games once you win the league?

Oh yes

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I do. Fans been waiting a while to watch a decent entertaining team that we like, in addition there may still be this unbeaten/invincible thing running all going well.

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

If we are still undefeated when we win the league then yes because the fans will still travel because they will want to see every game of the season. The minute that we lose a game I think that you would then see the numbers drop.

22 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Didn't Edinburgh beat Hamilton at NDP earlier in the season? 

Anyway, I've got my tickets for the Edinburgh game on 23rd March. My son's pal is a mascot that day so hoping there's a right good party atmosphere that day

They drew 1-1 in October at NDP. It's a different Edinburgh City now that the squad has been pillaged. That aside it wouldn't surprise me whatever the result.

3 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Underage drinking - I used to go with Bubble (Brian Guthrie) to the Centurion after each home game. I was 13 and could pass for maybe 16 but no-one cared. I'd manage a crazy 4 or 5 pints then get on a bus home to Denny swallowing polo mints. I only once got drunk enough that my mother realised I was pissed. I think that illegal drinking however made me less of a drinker in later life although I always loved beer.

In fact the reason why I drink heavy to this day (and try asking for that from a Millennial bar person these days) was it was the only beer I had heard of when it was my time to go up and buy and I was nervous enough as it was to ask for anything more complicated than "3 pints of heavy please." When did the Centurion close?

I really miss a decent pint of heavy in a pub.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I really miss a decent pint of heavy in a pub.

Edit to add I did my underage drinking in The Pines in Denny which was basically the senior common room for Denny High in all but name.

Earliest the title can be won is at Stirling but it would take a very unlikely set of results. We'd have to win our next three - Annan (H), Cove (A), Stirling (A) - and hope Hamilton lose their next two. I could see them dropping points at Kelty at the weekend but Edinburgh are such a rabble that three points should be a gimme. 

Edited by lanky_ffc

19 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Oh yes

19 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I do. Fans been waiting a while to watch a decent entertaining team that we like, in addition there may still be this unbeaten/invincible thing running all going well.

19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If we are still undefeated when we win the league then yes because the fans will still travel because they will want to see every game of the season. The minute that we lose a game I think that you would then see the numbers drop.

Fair play then. League 1 teams will be hoping Arbroath come down to replace the navy pound. Still won’t be close though in terms of numbers. 

Hopefully we can continue our winning run against you boys next season.