The Falkirk FC Thread

Question:  I have a season ticket for the KM but my brother doesn't.  We are going on Saturday.  If the KM is sold out again for pay at the gate, can my brother get into the away stand instead of the main stand like he went to last time?  He thinks he will get a better view from the away stand with the two nearly full stand in front of him.

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Question:  I have a season ticket for the KM but my brother doesn't.  We are going on Saturday.  If the KM is sold out again for pay at the gate, can my brother get into the away stand instead of the main stand like he went to last time?  He thinks he will get a better view from the away stand with the two nearly full stand in front of him.

Why doesn’t he buy a ticket online?

4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In an ideal world we would not be in our fourteenth season outside the top flight.

I would suggest a fourth stand is the least of our concerns at the moment.

Of course it is but the disconnect from the club and manner in which the foundation is being run at the moment most certainly should be a concern. 

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the plans to gradually reinstate the academy involve some use of the community pitch and the new facility. Particularly given we no longer have the Stirling Uni facilities and I doubt there is an appetite to hire extensive facilities elsewhere.

Re training facilities: The club do also have use of little Kerse again at no cost other than maintaining the pitches (a club sponsor has offered to do this).  That deal was done at the beginning of last season but Mcglynn opted to use the stadium for training instead. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Re training facilities: The club do also have use of little Kerse again at no cost other than maintaining the pitches (a club sponsor has offered to do this).  That deal was done at the beginning of last season but Mcglynn opted to use the stadium for training instead. 

I was thinking about the amount of plastic pitches in the Championship (getting ahead of myself I know) and there aren’t many. It would be good to have the option to train on grass as well as plastic pitches next season and Little Kerse could be used for this. I also heard they are putting in a full sized covered pitch there which could come in handy if the weather was shit for training.

50 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I was thinking about the amount of plastic pitches in the Championship (getting ahead of myself I know) and there aren’t many. It would be good to have the option to train on grass as well as plastic pitches next season and Little Kerse could be used for this. I also heard they are putting in a full sized covered pitch there which could come in handy if the weather was shit for training.

Watched the SPL highlights and the surfaces at Kilmarnock & Livi look horrendous compared to the surface at TFS. Can understand why the SPL are opting for everyone to have grass as a requirement for SPL status.

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Watched the SPL highlights and the surfaces at Kilmarnock & Livi look horrendous compared to the surface at TFS. Can understand why the SPL are opting for everyone to have grass as a requirement for SPL status.

Yeah I get the argument, but as I keep telling the followers of the arse cheeks at work, there are plastic pitches and there are plastic pitches. Ours is a good one and is far better than the St Johnstone pitch I saw on TV the other week.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

No such thing as the SPL for a decade now.

Personally I think a fourth stand is a waste of resources until it can be filled on a regular basis. The stadium can currently accommodate circa 7000 home fans (if the north stand is segregated). The home attendance at the Hamilton game was apparently the highest ever for a league game at 5500.

Therefore, all a new stand would do is spread fans out over the stadium which would make the atmosphere worse imo. The atmosphere at the likes of Rugby Park and McDiarmid Park suffers from a stadium that is too big. Far better to have a full KM and main stand for big games than 3 partially full stands.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I think a fourth stand is a waste of resources until it can be filled on a regular basis. The stadium can currently accommodate circa 7000 home fans (if the north stand is segregated). The home attendance at the Hamilton game was apparently the highest ever for a league game at 5500.

Therefore, all a new stand would do is spread fans out over the stadium which would make the atmosphere worse imo. The atmosphere at the likes of Rugby Park and McDiarmid Park suffers from a stadium that is too big. Far better to have a full KM and main stand for big games than 3 partially full stands.

We need more corporate and hospitality space that is not subject to council charges. That would be a benefit if a way could be found to fund at a neutral or low cost. A stand should not be looked at as black and white as the number of standard tickets sold every second Saturday but viewd as a facility the club can use and generate income from 7 days a week. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In an ideal world we would not be in our fourteenth season outside the top flight.

I would suggest a fourth stand is the least of our concerns at the moment.

Whilst this is undoubtedly true, any new facility should take into account the possibility that another stand may be needed at some point, I.e. shouldn't need to be demolished to make way for it. 

Shouldn't just be a stand anyway, should be some sort of money making facility with terracing pitch side. 

Fantasy stuff, but I always liked the idea of an Airdrie-style pavilion where we could house a lot of the club facilities, dressing rooms (incl for the other putch), some hospitality, bars etc. Would bring a bit of character to the overall development too. 

If/ when we get back to the Premiership we should make building a 4th stand a priority imo. It's been nearly 20 years since we moved to the stadium, we quite simply should look at getting it finished for nothing other than the principle of having a finished stadium.

Fund it via crowdfunding/ donations/ FFS contributions/ player sales/ whatever. You're talking in excess of £5m though, which suddenly becomes far less daunting once your TV and prize money is more than about 10p. 

The sad reality is 8k seats is plenty for the championship. Looking at the teams we'll likely be playing next season only Dunfermline will need the full away stand. If we do manage to draw over 6k home fans for a crunch game, we'll have at least half a north stand for overspill.

11 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’m not too sure tbh I just remember hearing a comment that the community pitch was on our land previously. 

Pretty sure it belonged to the council as I seem to remember they transferred land ownership to the foundation as part of the planning application for the pitch

Screenshot2024-02-29at10_25_07.thumb.png.d1641af50ad8f3e4c29741f968c689b8.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

10 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If/ when we get back to the Premiership we should make building a 4th stand a priority imo. It's been nearly 20 years since we moved to the stadium, we quite simply should look at getting it finished for nothing other than the principle of having a finished stadium.

Fund it via crowdfunding/ donations/ FFS contributions/ player sales/ whatever. You're talking in excess of £5m though, which suddenly becomes far less daunting once your TV and prize money is more than about 10p. 

The sad reality is 8k seats is plenty for the championship. Looking at the teams we'll likely be playing next season only Dunfermline will need the full away stand. If we do manage to draw over 6k home fans for a crunch game, we'll have at least half a north stand for overspill.

Pretty sure it belonged to the council as they transferred land ownership to the foundation as part of the planning application for the pitch

8k is probably more than adequate for the premiership too, with the exception of the ugly sisters.

For me there are far better things for the club to spend money on than seats that will not be required for 95% of matches.

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

A bit disappointed with the recent great form and results, the club hasn’t been all over social media and in our faces about the next few games. 

no surprise really apart from the odd wee dig at the accies the media reporting is very low key and to a formula McGlynn i imagine wouldn't want any fuss either