The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Bomb scares were a common occurrence at the Falkirk College at Friday lunchtimes in the early 70's 

They've been a common occurrence at TFS over recent seasons too!

9 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

🆕🎙️FALKIRK DAFT MEETS….SAMMY MCGIVERN

John & Ross chat over Brockville memories, Goals scored inc a famous hat-trick, Saltcoats 👀, Managers, Stainrod, Legends Stand inclusion & much more with THE Ginger God 👨🏻‍🦰

An extra day, an extra episode! 

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_7749.thumb.jpeg.46306acb3b1e95f661b0910978f80150.jpeg

Excellent podcast again. I love Sammy but Peter Houston was always the original ginger god. 

My opinion on the 4th stand is that whatever it is you want it to fill the space there thus vastly improving the atmosphere and to an extent reducing the pitches openness to howling gales etc. The atmosphere is always better in stadium where you are basically hemmed in on all sides.  Would make a huge difference in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

My opinion on the 4th stand is that whatever it is you want it to fill the space there thus vastly improving the atmosphere and to an extent reducing the pitches openness to howling gales etc. The atmosphere is always better in stadium where you are basically hemmed in on all sides.  Would make a huge difference in my opinion.

Yes it would make a huge positive difference. I’d hope whatever is built on the East side would be multi-purpose. A design where it serves both our side and the community pitch too, like a stand with seats on both sides(?) with changing rooms, conference rooms, and hospitality booths through its centre. It would always be in use and would surely pay for itself in a short space of time.

10 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Yes it would make a huge positive difference. I’d hope whatever is built on the East side would be multi-purpose. A design where it serves both our side and the community pitch too, like a stand with seats on both sides(?) with changing rooms, conference rooms, and hospitality booths through its centre. It would always be in use and would surely pay for itself in a short space of time.

Proper pub too please. South stand bar is okay but very very limited. A large pub that does food and has tvs etc in the same style as the Westfield lounge would be great, but free/nominal entrance fee 

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Proper pub too please. South stand bar is okay but very very limited. A large pub that does food and has tvs etc in the same style as the Westfield lounge would be great, but free/nominal entrance fee 

Proper pubs don't do food

42 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Could go the whole hog and have enough space for an official FFC bar & restaurant, open 7 days a week. More than enough room to be innovative in the East side. And we can build a small FFC hotel in one of the corner pods and follow in Hearts’ footsteps with their Tynecastle rooms. Skies the limit.

Edited to add. The more I think about it, a simple indoor training facility (someone mentioned already) would surely make money and our players can use in the winter. Other clubs will also hire due to the lack of indoor facilities in Scotland.

Edited by GunnerBairn

3 hours ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

One for the Falkirk Daft guys, I know you were only hosting but wondering if you have any info-

I take it the latapy ticket money is gone? I may have missed an announcement but this seems to have all been forgotten about. 

Will be a lessons learned from me on regards to not jumping into early to these sort of events organised by a random company. 

We continue to chase the organiser for updates on a new date. Very, very frustrating tbh and like everyone who bought tickets (ourselves included) if it’s not going to happen or he doesn’t know when (appreciate he’s having to work with Latapy to get him to the UK), refunds need to be offered. We’ll continue to try & get updates or a resolution 👍🏼

Last time we (John) had a proper discussion with them was in November when John ambushed the guy in the stadium (the organiser is involved with Edin City). 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Polis would object..they don't have the person power to allow people to enjoy themselves anywhere near a football stadium 

10 hours ago, BPM said:

All this wittering on about the Foundation going to build this or build that and not involving the club seems a bit odd. Surely there should be a joined up strategy to benefit both organisations?

Looks from the outside the Foundation are merrily ploughing their own furrow without any thought of the badge they seem to use to help them be relevant.  

This!

11 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Totally agree, would finally be a stadium to be proud of and feel more like home. 

Seems to be a missed opportunity with the Foundation doing their own thing - they only exist because of the club branding and location so don't know what the issue is. 

20 hours ago, Bairns1994 said:

It’s a decent wee design and it’ll fit their stadium well, but that sort of design will look disproportionate to our 3 massive stands, as it’s only 1 storey IMG_7120.thumb.jpeg.e4849ab640a191a3931f46d340da5a4f.jpeg

I'm a bit late to the party but if you look at football stadia in the SPFL there are only 5 that are symmetrical; Snake Mountain, Tynecastle, St Mirren Park, McDiarmid Park and The Excelsior Stadium (Forthbank with 2 open ends doesn't count). All the rest have some quirk or another to make them a bit distinctive which I think is a good thing. I would be delighted with something like this opposite the main stand, the Ultras could make it their own.

12 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Keep it simple and basic. Hardcore base with concrete top with mixed terracing and seats approx 15 deep

3 - 4 turnstiles, toilets, roof. Stadium completed

Far more atmospheric and would soon be the first stand filled every week.

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Keep it simple and basic. Hardcore base with concrete top with mixed terracing and seats approx 15 deep

3 - 4 turnstiles, toilets, roof. Stadium completed

Far more atmospheric and would soon be the first stand filled every week.

As others have said, there would be no point in building a stand for the sake of it. It needs to be a revenue making facility that can be used through the week as well, otherwise we'd spend £millions on a stand that probably wouldn't be used 90% of the time.