The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, BPM said:

Aye we need a Plan B 27 games in unbeaten. Just fucking enjoy this. We have not won a league in 20 years. 

I am enjoying it mate. Very much so.

Another important win and drives a stake into the heart of any very faint hopes Hamilton were holding onto.

Irrespective of what they do win the next 4 games in march and the title is ours at Montrose away. Sooner if we beat them points wise on a game by game basis.

Controlled the game from start to finish, had MacIver burried his header it would have been a bigger scoreline. 

Shout out to Sam Long btw, didn't have much to do tonight but came and claimed a cross early on which settled everyone's nerves from the weekend.

GK, a 10 and a striker for next season please super John.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

I think the majority of us would be in agreement on this. I'd happily keep MacIver in the squad next season, but I'd defo be looking for someone a bit more prolific. For GK, could we tempt a 39 year old McGloves to retire at Falkirk? Number 10 you say? How about Scott Arfield?

9 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Another important win and drives a stake into the heart of any very faint hopes Hamilton were holding onto.

Irrespective of what they do win the next 4 games in march and the title is ours at Montrose away. Sooner if we beat them points wise on a game by game basis.

They won't admit it (I wouldn't either) but as the hopeless romantics we diddy fans are, they would have got a wee twinge at taking 2 points out of us at the weekend, only to find themselves right back at the bottom of the mountain tonight. Very much looking forward to behaving like an absolute bell end on every playoff* match thread

*Crosses fingers for Dunfermline so hard they almost break

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Controlled the game from start to finish, had MacIver burried his header it would have been a bigger scoreline. 

Shout out to Sam Long btw, didn't have much to do tonight but came and claimed a cross early on which settled everyone's nerves from the weekend.

I think those are areas we would strengthen as a priority in the summer.

Given the type of player McIver is, I think he will do as well as similar championship archetypes like Todarov for example. Given this is his first full time season hopefully he can keep improving over the next couple of months and show he's ready.

Nesbitt will do well too I think, he needs to work on his finishing but his athleticism and work rate means he will be a nightmare for defences next year. I think he's championship level.

Well. That will be a right fucking scunner for the Accies and no mistake. Paul Hartley too, such a wee shame.

Calvin Miller's LATE STRIKE ensured Falkirk CLAIMED ALL THREE POINTS and BROKE COVE HEARTS.

Simultaneously, Falkirk can now get the bunting out, because we have guaranteed a play off place! Nothing is settled though. #wegoagain #relentless #9gamestogo

A win on Saturday could, unbelievably, guarantee a top 2 finish, depending on how Alloa do. A point definitely guarantee 3rd. 

10th ❌

9th ❌

8th ❌

7th ❌

6th ❌

5th ❌

4th ❔

3rd ❔

2nd❔

1st ❔

Incidentally, regarding Cove, they are the first team in the league who know they will not be winning the league OR finishing last.