The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Nesbitt created more mind you. 3rd most assists in the league for him with 8. 

8 is hardly earth shattering though given he’s started virtually every game for a team that is 17 points clear with 67 goals scored.

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

8 is hardly earth shattering though given he’s started virtually every game for a team that is 17 points clear with 67 goals scored.

Apart from the fact he wasn’t a regular starter until November, but don’t let that get in the way of your bias.

Relying on the assist count to judge Nesbitt isn't fair on him tbh. He contributes to every attack, grafts like f**k without the ball and pops up all over the park. Particularly the right wing. 

Assists don't take into account who was instrumental in the buildup. 

I'd like more visible end product from him, in particular, sometimes he really needs to be quicker at getting a shot away. He'd score more if he was just a split second sharper there, but it's pretty slim picking as far as finding fault with him this season.

I think the reason so many are struggling this year is that there aren’t a lot of players who haven’t contributed something.

Yeats has been immense on his 2nd choice position, Coll and Tam outstanding at centre half amd a massive shout to Coll for proving all the doubters wrong. Leon is absolutely Mr Consistency and is a guaranteed 7/8 out of 10 every week. I love Big Hendo for what he brings as a player and you can just tell he is a massive asset to the dressing room. Spencer is a class act and can thread a pass through the eye of a needle. If Morrison and Calvin aren’t in the top 10 for the overall division awards I would be surprised and both will continue to contribute massively next season. Aidan and MacIver are dream team mates, they run themselves into the ground and give everything for those around them. The 2 keepers have both had excellent seasons and Tait, Shanley, Alfie, Oliver, Mackie and Ross in particular have all offered something off the bench. 
Really pleasing to have a difficult POTY decision and genuinely hope most of the awards go to the full team as they have been outstanding.

1 minute ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

And just to add icing on the cake…

2425AD16-F1C0-4182-84C2-CCB8FDAAE796.jpeg

Seems to comment on us a lot so clearly loved his time here which is something given how shit a team he was in.

6ft 4 too, in you come.

4 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

that is two very poor performances where we really have goy away with wins when they weren't deserved. It underlines just how important Lang is to the whole team ad his presence allows ua to play how McGlynn wants us too. 

Imm still torn though for player of the year, Lang had been brilliant but Liam Henderson in midfield for me had made the biggest difference and that has really been proven with him having to play in defence the last 2 games.

Absolute slavers.

4 hours ago, StuartA said:

It says something when Falkirk fans think a poor performance is not steamrolling other teams. 

Rose tinted spectacles.  We were awful for 30mins, 2nd to every ball and our shape was pulled all over by Stirling. 

After going to the Stirling Accies game last week I was in no doubt how hard a game we'd get and I thought there would only be a goal in it at most. 

we didn't deserve to lose but the win was really fortunate.

4 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Guy beside us was slagging McIvor before he was even on the pitch 🤷‍♂️

There was a guy behind me slagging Hendo and MacIver at I think the 2-1 Edinburgh game saying they were the weak links in the team and he couldn't wait until we got 'proper' players in to replace them next season. I loved roaring at him when MacIver scored the second that game!

There was a roaster last week v Annan having a go at MacIver (might have been the same guy) telling him to "just put the ball in the fuckin net, that's 5  fuckin chances" when he put a header over the bar in the first half but he quickly shut up when a number of folk pointed out that he was offside anyway. Not a peep heard from him when others missed chances. 

Sometimes players and the team can be victims of their own success but we definitely have a number of utter p***ks in the fanbase

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Which two performances are you talking about? I'm struggling to think of a game this season where the final result wasn't 'deserved'.

Our last 2 against Cove and Stirling. Both wins have had a measure of luck, Cove with Burrel's non offside, and yesterday over 90mins Stirling deserved a draw at worst.

Just my opinion though

Edited by ChrispPancake

6 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

Our last 2 against Cove and Stirling. Both wins have had a measure of luck, Cove with Burrel's non offside, and yesterday over 90mins Stirling deserved a draw at worst.

Just my opinion though

Stirling got exactly what they deserved yesterday mate. 

13 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

Rose tinted spectacles.  We were awful for 30mins, 2nd to every ball and our shape was pulled all over by Stirling. 

After going to the Stirling Accies game last week I was in no doubt how hard a game we'd get and I thought there would only be a goal in it at most. 

we didn't deserve to lose but the win was really fortunate.

So what about the other 60 minutes? As in the majority of the game.

Bottom line is, we were still the better side in every game recently despite not playing our best. If we’ve ridden our luck in a couple, then same applies in reverse to Annan when we were unlucky to drop points.  Swings and roundabouts, nothing rose-tinted about that. 

McIver is pivotal to the way we play. Think we'd have scored more if he started yesterday, the guys finishing isn't the best but his all round play is fantastic at this level. The winning goal yesterday was a proper old school launch up the park, wee flick on by the big target man down to Oliver to slot it through the goalies legs. Not goal of the season but I sure did love it x

1 minute ago, StuartA said:

Bottom line is, we were still the better side in every game recently despite not playing our best. If we’ve ridden our luck in a couple, then same applies in reverse to Annan when we were unlucky to drop points.  Swings and roundabouts, nothing rose-tinted about that. 

The only game I can think of in the league where we were lucky not to lose was the 1-1 at Queen of the south.

Even in that game if MacIver tucked away a header in the first half we'd have won by 3/4.

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

McIver is pivotal to the way we play. Think we'd have scored more if he started yesterday, the guys finishing isn't the best but his all round play is fantastic at this level. The winning goal yesterday was a proper old school launch up the park, wee flick on by the big target man down to Oliver to slot it through the goalies legs. Not goal of the season but I sure did love it x

All rock solid points, but none of them so important as the fact that the tequila song has me laughing like a drain every time. 

Wonderful.