The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Subbing goalkeepers is a riddy and I hate it. Playing them in exactly 18 games each seems a fair shout.

Agreed. Engineer the appearances if, for some reason, they have to be equal, which in itself is also a borderline riddy. The idea that these particular squad players somehow need to recognition of half the Last match each when there are guys who have plugged away all season in a backup role with no complaint, and guys who have had meaningful impact off the bench but been unable to force their way into the 11 is for the birds. Whoever starts that last game should 100% remain there to ensure sub appearances can be used for those who are needed to win the game, and/or ensure a medal. In that order.  

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

The only issue with giving them a half each is if whoever plays second half gets injured or sent off then it's down to which outfield player can go in goal. Not a scenario you'd want especially if we are still unbeaten at that point. I think you play one or the other full game. Bring one of them on for the last few minutes if we still have a sub to use. 

Hendo in goals? He can play anywhere this season.

Random facts:

Grimsby Town Football Club is a professional association football club based in Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, England, that competes in EFL League Two, the fourth level of the English football league system

Cleethorpes Town Football Club is a football club based in Grimsby in North East Lincolnshire, England. The club are currently members of the Northern Premier League Division One East and play at the Linden Club.

Slight chance that Aberdeen come down next year and Dundee United fail to go up. While I would love to see Aberdeen come down as revenge for their survival thanks to unreasonable ground size demands either would make next year so much harder.  If Raith went up in the payoffs then that would be somewhat good also.

14 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Slight chance that Aberdeen come down next year and Dundee United fail to go up. While I would love to see Aberdeen come down as revenge for their survival thanks to unreasonable ground size demands either would make next year so much harder.  If Raith went up in the payoffs then that would be somewhat good also.

No chance 

32 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Do you know something we don't?

My ideal would be,

St Johnstone and Livi getting relegated with Dundee United and Raith getting promoted.

Arbroath and Queens Park getting relegated with us and Alloa getting promoted.

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

SPL would change the structure of the leagues before they would let Aberdeen be relegated. 

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

My ideal would be,

St Johnstone and Livi getting relegated with Dundee United and Raith getting promoted.

Let's get promoted first. Talk of rotating players so they get a championship medal is arrogant and complacent and just the motivation tool the opposition will use. Case of 'You think so do you' 

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Let's get promoted first. Talk of rotating players so they get a championship medal is arrogant and complacent and just the motivation tool the opposition will use. Case of 'You think so do you' 

I think it is more us speculating and not the management

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Even the council can't stop us now.

2 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

If Dundee United fail to go up and Raith only go up through the playoffs, who do you think going to win the Championship 

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

My ideal would be,

This but apart from Raith. Keep them down and let st Johnstone have one more season up in the premier then the championship title next season will be quite obviously ours to loose! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.