The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Andrew Irving to West Ham

https://t.co/byVCBdqcFl

Thought he got it a wee bit tight when he was here. He wasn’t brilliant, but he was an 18 year old kid signed at the last minute by a panicking Hartley and chucked into an absolutely bogging side. You could see he was quite technically gifted, if a bit raw. Fair play to him.

More good POTY discussion on Falkirk daft. For me it has now been narrowed quickly over the last month, down to Morrison, Hendo or Captain Coll. Coll shading it at the moment 

Edited by bairn88

OUT NOW

🆕🎙️EP:79 PAUL HARTLEY’S A W**KER

🔵 Review the 4-1 win over Edinburgh City with guest pundits Henry & Callum Doudie 🏰
⚪️ FD Meets….Will Vaulks 🔜
🔵 Commercial chat with @graham_carbis of @FalkirkFC 💷 &
⚪️ Preview Montrose (A) with @markrae 🏆

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_8433.thumb.jpeg.388aa2957895d2898b9259c7e825dfb4.jpeg

As much as Morrison takes the headlines for the goals, Coll Donaldson has played every single game this season and has been monumental in keeping the unbeaten run going especially thinking of that penalty he won at Edinburgh.

Captain Coll for me.

Morrison can end up top scorer in the team, league and whole of SPFL. No brainer for me. I feel we are in the position we are just now because of good we are in attack rather than how good we defend. Which is not a slight on how good we defend by any means. With 6 games to go we have already scored 12 more than dunfermline managed all last season. 

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

We could presumably give a joint award.  I personally couldn’t call it between Coll and Morrison

I agree. Very difficult to choose between Coll and Callumn. Oh, and Miller and Lang and McCann and Spencer and...

On 26/03/2024 at 10:18, FFC 1876 said:

As much as Morrison takes the headlines for the goals, Coll Donaldson has played every single game this season and has been monumental in keeping the unbeaten run going especially thinking of that penalty he won at Edinburgh.

Captain Coll for me.

I agree. Every minute of every game as far as I'm aware. And for a centre half, he's barely picked up a yellow card.

On 26/03/2024 at 11:09, Believe The Hype said:

Morrison can end up top scorer in the team, league and whole of SPFL. No brainer for me. I feel we are in the position we are just now because of good we are in attack rather than how good we defend. Which is not a slight on how good we defend by any means. With 6 games to go we have already scored 12 more than dunfermline managed all last season. 

Strikers win you games of football, defences win you leagues

Edited by FK1Bairn

14 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I agree. Every minute of every game as far as I'm aware. And for a centre half, he's barely picked up a yellow card.

Strikers win you games of football, defences win you leagues

Coll was subbed off away to Cove in the 2nd game, allowing Brad McKay to give them a free goal

On 24/03/2024 at 11:54, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Eddie May gets overlooked a lot for me. In the that 90’-95 period he was the one constant, regular player for us. Neil Duffy is just behind Eddie in this department.

I think in Falkirk terms, Crunchie, Stainrod and Latapy are God-like figures. 

The rest are legends/cult hero’s.

Eddie May is forever tainted by being an abysmal manager who didn't have the guts to admit it after three games.

21 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

So Mackie, Tait & McGinn needing game time for a medal.

(If 10 is indeed the target?)

I think sub appearances count?

Sorry, didn't realise that the total included sub appearances, so they will indeed be short. I'm sure that would be made up by the end of the season though.

Edited by ShaggerG