The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

You, arriving at TFS at 14:30 "A lot of folk leaving it late today ae? Where is every cnt?"

Wouldn't surprise me. I've turned up there when we were playing away.

I think Nesbitt has a good shout for POTY. All of our keyboards Peps ( including me) queried his 2 year contract. How wrong was that. He has worked his socks off in midfield and scored a few crackers. Well done.

MATCHDAY! 🏡

We welcome home the CHAMPIONS today as we face Cove Rangers at The Bairnabau 🏟️

⏰ A reminder it’s a 5.30pm KO & whilst it’s on BBC ALBA, a big support in the stands would top off an amazing 7 days! 

Latest episode:👇🏼
🆕🎙️EP:80 CHAMPIONEES

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

8EEABC33-6BEF-4B0B-BA2C-77DB3FD26D29.thumb.jpeg.064a4222d2dc9e101222ab06e62a0e6f.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

That reminds me - hats off to Montrose FC. No jobsworths in hi-viz trying to stop the party, no extra barricades around the pitch, no haranguing over the PA. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived in the town - the cafes, pubs and kebab joints were great. Many thanks to the Legion keeping their lounge open for visiting fans even though they had a wedding on. The cops were good natured and just kept an eye on things without being arseholes. Although there were huge queues to get in the ground, they moved quickly with no hassle.  Well done to the Montrose team for the guard of honour, although bending over to take seven was maybe a bit OTT 😀

Full of respect for Montrose, my favourite wee team now. 

Agreed. I'm sure Ross said on Falkirk Daft that Montrose supplied the champagne as well but I might also have imagined that. If they did then that's amazing hospitality from them

I saw it mentioned somewhere that the 7th at Montrose was our 100th competitive goal of the season, but I can count (only!) 96. Happy to be wrong but if not, it’d be nice to hit the century today. 

ETA: talking out my hole. I missed the DU game. How could I?!

Edited by StuartA

7 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I saw it mentioned somewhere that the 7th at Montrose was our 100th competitive goal of the season, but I can count (only!) 96. Happy to be wrong but if not, it’d be nice to hit the century today. 

82L 4SC 8LC 6CC

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

That reminds me - hats off to Montrose FC. No jobsworths in hi-viz trying to stop the party, no extra barricades around the pitch, no haranguing over the PA. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived in the town - the cafes, pubs and kebab joints were great. Many thanks to the Legion keeping their lounge open for visiting fans even though they had a wedding on. The cops were good natured and just kept an eye on things without being arseholes. Although there were huge queues to get in the ground, they moved quickly with no hassle.  Well done to the Montrose team for the guard of honour, although bending over to take seven was maybe a bit OTT 😀

Full of respect for Montrose, my favourite wee team now. 

Totally agree. Couldn’t fault them 👏🏻

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

Agreed. I'm sure Ross said on Falkirk Daft that Montrose supplied the champagne as well but I might also have imagined that. If they did then that's amazing hospitality from them

They did indeed. Heard that from the guys who were at BTW on Sat. Nice touch on the return to the boardroom. 

34 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

They did indeed. Heard that from the guys who were at BTW on Sat. Nice touch on the return to the boardroom. 

Very nice touch from them.  But think that they might have been wishing they'd provided it before the game :D

38 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Just their way of saying "thank you" for the extra 40 grand in their bank account. 😋

42 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

That's bloody outstanding by Montrose. For that, I wish them all the luck in the play-offs and would be more than happy to spend my money going back there next season.

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I wonder if all the problems with Dundees pitch will make the SPFL hierarchy rethink there views on artificial pitches for teams without megabucks for maintainence?

Nah. It’s about protectionism, not whether or not games go ahead. 

35 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I wonder if all the problems with Dundees pitch will make the SPFL hierarchy rethink there views on artificial pitches for teams without megabucks for maintainence?

There is some irony that one of the back-up plans is to play it (the Motherwell game) on Airdries 3G pitch.....

Edited by SomersetBairn
added info

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

That's bloody outstanding by Montrose. For that, I wish them all the luck in the play-offs and would be more than happy to spend my money going back there next season.

And I think I might take a trip to one of their playoff games, particularly if it’s against Accies.