The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Queens Park falling into the relegation play off spot yesterday too, would love to see them relegated.

What have you got against Queen's Park haha? I've personally always had a bit of a soft spot for them, due to their history. Their squad made up the first few Scotland National teams back in the 1870s, when they were the top team in Scotland.

I'd much rather see ICT go down than them, but as @RC55 FFCsaid, they'd probably win the play-off against any league one team.

11 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

What have you got against Queen's Park haha? I've personally always had a bit of a soft spot for them, due to their history. Their squad made up the first few Scotland National teams back in the 1870s, when they were the top team in Scotland.

I'd much rather see ICT go down than them, but as @RC55 FFCsaid, they'd probably win the play-off against any league one team.

Have you not been paying attention to their capers over the last 5 years or so?

39 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

They are guilty of financial doping and the fact this shit still happens in Scottish football is disgusting. We should have some form of domestic ffp rules like they have in other countries. Any sane football fan should be against clubs operating in this way! Particularly Falkirk fans with us being fan owned and having fallen foul to diddy clubs like Livingston or Ross county in the past. ……Having said all that an away day at Hampden will be fun! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Have you not been paying attention to their capers over the last 5 years or so?

Probably been more engrossed in Falkirk's more humorous capers over the past 5 years or so.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hamilton already have more points this season than Airdrie gained in getting promotion last season and are on track to beat our points total from last season.

For me the fact we’ve seen off such a worthy adversary this season so easyily makes the season we’ve had even more impressive.

At any professional level it’s very, very difficult to go 33 games unbeaten and if we manage to go the whole invincible then that’s something very special indeed.

Agree with this, we have not had it easy. Hamilton are a very decent side and to absolutely body them the way we have is remarkable. 

10 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Ross McIver is becoming a bit of a big game player for us.

A lot of his goals and assists have come in tight matches and that's 2 goals and an assist in 4 games against Hamilton.

No argument he should have more goals but he's come up big when it's mattered. 

He’s been fantastic, his stats are obviously decent enough but anybody paying attention to the actual football over and above that can see he’s been far and away the best striker in the league. It can’t be underestimated how crucial keeping him fit this season has been for us as we don’t have a like for like replacement, he’s the focal point in our attack to where all our forward players perform and use mcivor as such. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

He’s been fantastic, his stats are obviously decent enough but anybody paying attention to the actual football over and above that can see he’s been far and away the best striker in the league. It can’t be underestimated how crucial keeping him fit this season has been for us as we don’t have a like for like replacement, he the focal point in our attack to where all our forward players perform and use mcivor as such. 

McIver Holds the ball, wins first balls and disrupts the opposition defence and midfield because of it. His team contribution goes well beyond goals and creating them. Because of his presence, the oppositions style of play is degraded. Sure there are players who scored more and have more skill but as has been proved by McIvor there is more to that in a successful team.

40 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

sold all that history and tradition to be a rich guys ego trip

40 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Gretna 2.0 get them to f**k.

14 hours ago, Springfield said:

Settled into local and proud to overhear a few locals talking about our club. In a city divided by the arse cheeks, sitting proud as Fck as a bairn. 

Old Firm trophy hunters always pissed me off even at school.

Best way to deal with them is to tell them as it is. 'Your not a football supporter, you're a trophy chasing glory hunter.

There's no defence or counter to that as it's true. Wind and bluster every time and they slink off.

5 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

These folk are a tiny minority, you never meet them in real life but they can be prevalent on here and will appear from under a rock as soon as we eventually loose a game so be prepared! lol. 

there's a loud group of gammon who drink in btw, the wheatsheaf and the woodside drunk on their own supply of stone age logic that immediately spring to mind 😀 

Really pleased for Nesbitt, his work rate is immense. Also, he`s a good reader of the game and often gets himself into position to cut out opposition passes. It was that anticipation that got him his goal yesterday.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not for me. Glasgow/Hampden away day would be brilliant. 

That said, I think QP or ICT would beat any of the L1 play off teams over 2 legs. 

And Haughey chucking loads at it? Get them doon

7 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Really pleased for Nesbitt, his work rate is immense. Also, he`s a good reader of the game and often gets himself into position to cut out opposition passes. It was that anticipation that got him his goal yesterday.

His energy yesterday was off the scale, he was everywhere.

2 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Hands up with this guy. Gave him a very hard time and thought the two year deal was wrong. The guys overall performances over the past couple of months have been superb. No coincidence since Miller has came in Nesbitt’s form has been class. We can’t disregard how important Tait has been. Watched him when he came on against Alloa away and knew he was special. His overall play has allowed Miler & Nesbitt to have almost a free role at times.
What a difference going to watch Falkirk. Brilliant feeling going to the games now, very noticeable many new faces at the away games, especially with the young team, younger fans in general and many families. 
If the Ultras could get a vote for player of the season, they get mine. Simply superb and players are feeding off.