The Falkirk FC Thread

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

According to Livingston peeps the only difference between ours and theirs is the choice of colour for the crumb 🤷‍♂️

Similarly I thought Airdrie's was rubbish when it got relaid not long ago and is apparently the same as ours.

As we know, there is no factual basis for or against them other than snobbery.

Hearts pitch being relayed from grass to grass / synthetic hybrid was quoted as costing 1.2 million. It’s not an option for us. There is a reason only three clubs in the country have a pitch like that, it’s down to cost! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Down the list of our priorities but I take it The Shire would need to find a new home too.  Can't have 2 teams playing and training on grass

Which would be another loss of income for us, the money we’d loose from pitch hire, concerts and probably having to fund the cost and maintenance of a training facility plus a grass pitch going forward will no doubt affect our ability to compete in the transfer market and hinder our plans to expand the academy. All that added to the initial outlay of replacing the pitch, it’s sickening but we are stuck between a rock and a hard place so will just need to get on with it. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Hearts pitch being relayed from grass to grass / synthetic hybrid was quoted as costing 1.2 million. It’s not an option for us. There is a reason only three clubs in the country have a pitch like that, it’s down to cost! 

Wow! £1.2 million for a Grass/Hybrid then greenkeeper on costs.

It's a good as a gerrymandered closed shop for an elite favoured few.

For all the other clubs and support that aspire to have their team playing in the top tier, that motive is gone.

It's a recipe for stagnation and apathy for the provincial clubs.

Also, I thought one of the points of a 42 team organisation was to ensure collective decision-making. The current top 12 are transient - we’ve all seen how fast clubs league positioning can move. A handful of clubs voting for this now could be in the Championship by the time this is implemented. Why the closed shop? (we know why, but it should be getting called out more).

10 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

All teams that have to scrap their astro pitch should spend the bare minimum and have crappiest grass pitch possible, like the 1970s Derby County baseball ground. 

Like Dundee this year 

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Siri, illustrate self interest in one statement please.

3 hours ago, StuartA said:

Been told what to say by their parent club. 

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ah, the useful idiots are coming out.

3 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Everyone: having a sensible conversation about how this development will affect all clubs outside the premiership that rely on artificial pitches financially. Basing this on evidence from the Lancet journal and from personal experience of the 10,000 seat rule which also affected Airdrie.

Airdrie fan: BuT YOu WoN'T GEt PrOmoTEd. 

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Can you remind me last time Airdrie were in the top league? 

2 hours ago, StuartA said:

Before they and their Big Brothers let their clubs die

Missed you wee bairns so much 

4 hours ago, Blame Me said:

According to Livingston peeps the only difference between ours and theirs is the choice of colour for the crumb 🤷‍♂️

and poorly maintained 

5 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Down the list of our priorities but I take it The Shire would need to find a new home too.  Can't have 2 teams playing and training on grass

That may be taken out their hands - Shire facing a financial shortfall themselves putting them in jeopardy by all reports in the Falkirk Herald.

32 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Yeah, my twitter notifications went kind of crazy earlier on. Albeit the praise for that image goes entirely to Brian Stewart. 😂

I've sent it to both the club media officers and the lady who does the same job for the womens team as a warning. Anything you put online can, and probably will, come back to haunt you. 🤦‍♀️

Sharing for a very worthwhile cause close to John & I’s hearts 💙

———————————

🚨It’s happening! 

Our podcast sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s threw down the gauntlet & challenged us to a match, so next Sat 1st June, we’ll take them on in aide of Lymphoma Action Support UK 

Our side will include myself & John obviously, a group of volunteer listeners PLUS some special guests….👀

Falkirk Daft side will include: 

@gradowrestling @stephen_purdon & ex Bairn Liam Craig PLUS a number of well kent faces from Falkirk Football Club including CEO Jamie Swinney

Co-Managers will be @EwenDCameron & Chris Toal

Donate 👉🏻 https://www.justgiving.com/page/john-mcinally-1716154414992

EADA10DE-BF39-47DC-B9BB-CF1B4E9261F0.thumb.jpeg.08b2657acf4a2a6bd1ca775dafbab9bc.jpeg

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Sharing for a very worthwhile cause close to John & I’s hearts 💙

———————————

🚨It’s happening! 

Our podcast sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s threw down the gauntlet & challenged us to a match, so next Sat 1st June, we’ll take them on in aide of Lymphoma Action Support UK 

Our side will include myself & John obviously, a group of volunteer listeners PLUS some special guests….👀

Falkirk Daft side will include: 

@gradowrestling @stephen_purdon & ex Bairn Liam Craig PLUS a number of well kent faces from Falkirk Football Club including CEO Jamie Swinney

Co-Managers will be @EwenDCameron & Chris Toal

Donate 👉🏻 https://www.justgiving.com/page/john-mcinally-1716154414992

EADA10DE-BF39-47DC-B9BB-CF1B4E9261F0.thumb.jpeg.08b2657acf4a2a6bd1ca775dafbab9bc.jpeg

More to the point, is Bairdy playing ??

I think we as the fans need to step up here. This is our game. Write to the sport’s minister regarding the impact to the community, write to the SPFL, start petitions. Unity in numbers with other clubs in our position. It may be our only chance.