The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Football clubs could I guess go the way of cinemas and ban bringing your own food but I don't think any do.

Drinks are a big no no tho, just in case you've injected that capri sun for the kid with vodka or launch it at someone.  You can do 60 days in jail for it! Fucking mental

Don't think I've been to a cinema that bans you from taking your own food in.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Do Falkirk not just get a set price for giving them the contract and after that it's up to the company what they charge etc.

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That was my understanding of how it worked yes. 

Oh really? Surprised as I just assumed that it would be a percentage. Does that mean bigger crowds buying more food doesn't really help the club more than a small crowd? 

Just now, Jimmy1876 said:

Oh really? Surprised as I just assumed that it would be a percentage. Does that mean bigger crowds buying more food doesn't really help the club more than a small crowd? 

I guess on the other end of the spectrum the club is protected if small crowds don't buy enough... But at Falkirk we don't have that problem so didn't occur to me 😉

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Don't think I've been to a cinema that bans you from taking your own food in.

Are you crushing the rebellious 12 year in me who thought he beat the system by eating shop bought skittles in the cinema? Shame on you.

32 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Are you crushing the rebellious 12 year in me who thought he beat the system by eating shop bought skittles in the cinema? Shame on you.

Maybe different rules over the water mate.🤣

Posted (edited)

It seems a raw deal. Higher prices and no options for burgers or hot dogs (which a lot of us prefer) from what I can see.

However I assume this franchise outbid the previous providers so the club makes a bit more cash. Just hope the quality makes up for the extra cash we need to stump up…..

Edited by roman_bairn

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It seems a raw deal. Higher prices and no options for burgers or hot dogs (which a lot of us prefer) from what I can see.

However I assume this franchise outbid the previous providers so the club makes a bit more cash. Just hope the quality makes up for the extra cash we need to stump up…..

i plan to boycott the kiosks until i rock up at the stadium hungover and need my sugar fix pmsl

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Hot dogs (Rollover) are on the menu on the picture I saw but not burgers no. 

IMG_0486.thumb.jpeg.c3346954875a2dee2971f6e5ae4f48d4.jpeg

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I don't think there's anything against the rules in bringing a barbecue into the stadium and cooking steaks during the game. 

Would pay £7 for a Bovril and a nice rare steak. Not sure how much money you'd make with the price of steak these days though. 

I have been buying this Bovril at home for a few years now.  It's £13 a tub and you get around 40-50 cups out of it (the pack says 90 but I like it strong).   Works out around 26p a cup.  Tastes just like the stadium stuff.  

71-WSqwQWSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

3 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I would think the contract was put out to tender and the club would receive a set fee from the successful company who would then set their own prices.

On 06/07/2024 at 08:02, tokyo bairn said:

Just subscribed to FTV for another season. Not bothered at all about the slight increase, now 200 quid, especially as it seems they will have more cameras this year. Slightly perturbed to find out that it doesn't cover cup games though, especially as I only saw that after check out and there was nothing about that in the "letter to subscribers". Seems odd as cup games were included last year. Don't really mind paying extra but it would be nice to have it all in one package. Anyway, I'll be watching whatever!

Turns out this was just an error on the website / automated email. Cup games included in FTV.

21 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I know I’ll regret asking this, but has anyone had the vegan scotch pie? Made from real vegans?

Auld Jock would be raging to see a vegan option on the pie hut list. Sign of the times sadly 😂

36 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Falkirk fans after the pies have gone up 60 pence and a few players have been injured for a pre season runaround 

599C4EC2-8F86-4360-995F-E504AA706F7C.jpeg

true the fact is food inflation in the last 12 months is running at around 30% so it shouldn't be a surprise that the prices have gone up when one contract ends and another starts.