The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Only if the only other options are lukewarm Carling or Fosters.

I really miss the days of getting a good pint of 80’/, in just about any pub.

I didn't go to the pub in 1934, so I can't remember that.

3 hours ago, BPM said:

Just piss in your pint glass. Similar taste 

You're wrong

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

A good, cold pint of Vitamin T is heavenly.

You're soooooo right

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Only if the only other options are lukewarm Carling or Fosters.

And back to wrong. 

@Gaz is the righteous meat in a sandwich of wrong. 

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You're wrong

You're soooooo right

And back to wrong. 

@Gaz is the righteous meat in a sandwich of wrong. 

I will only drink Tennents if the only choice is Caley Best. That is even worse

On 07/07/2024 at 09:15, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

The injury list shows how lucky we were last season to have so many key players more or less ever present.

Sounds awfy like our start to last season. 

20 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Always the risk with a tight squad. A few weeks to go so let’s see. 

We’ll be fine, the BOD will back McGlynn. If the injury situation with our two CBs doesn't clear up soon, it would be crazy starting the season without at least one CB coming in. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

We’ll be fine, the BOD will back McGlynn. If the injury situation with our two CBs doesn't clear up soon, it would be crazy starting the season without at least one CB coming in. 

I think it's more likely that he'll bring in another striker in the MacIver mould, especially if Allan moves on. That would allow MacIver to move back (although only in an emergency) because, if we bring in another CB, that would mean 7 players that would be able to play CB, which is obviously far too many.

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

That would allow MacIver to move back (although only in an emergency

MacIver doesn’t fit the CB for me. If you’re happy with the alternatives albeit. MacIver - Alloa last seasons last game got caught so many times. As said we need a CB in if we have our current CBs sitting on the sidelines.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think it's more likely that he'll bring in another striker in the MacIver mould, especially if Allan moves on. That would allow MacIver to move back (although only in an emergency) because, if we bring in another CB, that would mean 7 players that would be able to play CB, which is obviously far too many.

I agree. If MacIver gets injured we only have Shanley or Oliver to play up top whereas we have Donaldson, Lang, Hendo, Mackie, Adams and young Sinclair who can all play CB. Two of them being injured at the same time isn't a good position to be in particularly with McCann also currently injured meaning Mackie has to play LB just now. 

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

MacIver doesn’t fit the CB for me. If you’re happy with the alternatives albeit. MacIver - Alloa last seasons last game got caught so many times. As said we need a CB in if we have our current CBs sitting on the sidelines.

MacIver played CB for that game only, if he'd played there more over the season chances are he wouldn't have got caught as many times. Ultimately if the injuries to Donaldson and Lang were to happen in October we'd have to make do with what we have

Edited by FK1Bairn

Quick question, I just ordered a ticket for the dundee unt game on Sat online from the Falkirk website. Everything was fine until I checked my Falkirk app for my ticket. It came up with check in over my QR code, but when you press it. It's asking for a pin number to submit. Got my email OK, so I can print it off there, lucky I have a printer.

Anyone else have this problem. 

COYB

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

In the absence of Lang and Donaldson, we have Mackie, Hendo, Adams, and MacIver that can all fill in at CB (not counting the lad Sinclair).
In the striker position, in the absence of MacIver, we have Shanley, Allan, Oliver, and at a hard push any one of Alfie, McKenna, Miller, Morrison, Nesbitt or Ross could play up top if we were completely desperate.

Based on that unscientific assessment I think we need bringing in a CB.

6 hours ago, Gaz said:

A good, cold pint of Vitamin T is heavenly.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder & all that plus it's amazing how you crave something you cannot have......that is until I found a pub on the Gold Coast that actually imports Tennents & let me tell you it was glorious to taste. Never seen it anywhere else in Australia so I am lucky this joint is 10 mins from my house.    

IMG_2485.jpg

1 hour ago, kevinffc said:

Quick question, I just ordered a ticket for the dundee unt game on Sat online from the Falkirk website. Everything was fine until I checked my Falkirk app for my ticket. It came up with check in over my QR code, but when you press it. It's asking for a pin number to submit. Got my email OK, so I can print it off there, lucky I have a printer.

Anyone else have this problem. 

COYB

Ignore the check in button and the QR code on your phone will be enough mate. Also, no need to print off the ticket, the QR code (zoomed in) on the email works too. 

10 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Ignore the check in button and the QR code on your phone will be enough mate. Also, no need to print off the ticket, the QR code (zoomed in) on the email works too. 

Cheers, thanks for the reply 👍 

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:88 A NEW DAY IS DAWNING

🔵 New Signings discussed ✍🏻
⚪️ New Kits reviewed 👕
🔵 Preview Dundee United (H) with Fiona Balsillie 🍊
⚪️ Paul Robertson joins us to talk about the new “Untouchables” book & how you can WIN a copy📕
🔵 Falkirk Daft Live dates confirmed 🎤
⚪️ @PieSportsScot Comp winner announced 🥧

Brought to you in association with Behind The Wall - The social experience & Falkirk FFIT T8’s who are back on board for the new season 🤝🏼

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

7A6C2A73-3D43-40E8-802E-4A29C50DE453.thumb.jpeg.c2f29f129d8c1499285bad985db5358a.jpeg

Edited by RC55 FFC

16 hours ago, BPM said:

Just piss in your pint glass. Similar taste 

No I'm sorry you're wrong. Despite having never sampled my own piss, I can confidently say it would taste better than Tennent's.