The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Is that after you have pissed the cider back out?

Urine only looks like that if your name is Mr Spock.

Spoiler

It's a blueberry flavoured, home-made effort.

Simply stunning performances from every player. A very difficult opening 15/20 minutes, but absolutely bossed the game thereafter. First time ever honestly couldn’t pick a MOM, as every single player was at the top of their game. The football arguably is the best I’ve seen us play, breathtaking outfield play with Spencer & Tait on a different planet at times. 
Had a chat with a few Jambos after the game, not one had anything but good to say about our team, and blown away by our Ultras. For that they get my MOM.

Gutted couldn't be at this yesterday but followed remotely on my phone and have subsequently watched every highlight and Youtube clip I can find! Another surprising result to anyone but a Falkirk fan. FD please get Ewan Cameron back on this week. Looks to me like Naismith disrespected us with his team selection and it's come back to bite him, not to say this team wouldn't have won anyway.

Another great day out coming on weekend of Sept 21/22 for the quarter final, more money in the kitty too via prize money, gates and hopefully TV this time. Means the league home game versus Livvi will move.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Gutted couldn't be at this yesterday but followed remotely on my phone and have subsequently watched every highlight and Youtube clip I can find! Another surprising result to anyone but a Falkirk fan. FD please get Ewan Cameron back on this week. Looks to me like Naismith disrespected us with his team selection and it's come back to bite him, not to say this team wouldn't have won anyway.

Another great day out coming on weekend of Sept 21/22 for the quarter final, more money in the kitty too via prize money, gates and hopefully TV this time. Means the league home game versus Livvi will move.

I’m the same, I was at the game but spent last night trawling YouTube for vlogs, highlights of the game, I even found Hearts fans videos so I could see our fans reactions to the goals from the away end. It’s becoming an addiction 🤣

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I can mind as clear as day Davie Weir's debut. Came through from uni in Glasgow with a brutal hangover, (me, not him) got into the ground at 3:10, peered at kenspeckle defender, thought "Is that McLaughlin back? He was meant to be out for ages".  Realised it was some noob, and then watched as starlet Duncan Ferguson was not afforded a kick. The best debut I've ever seen. (I was not at Crunchie v Leeds).

1v1 draw, Scott Sloan scored for us, Paddy Connolly went round the keeper and missed an open goal for them.

4 or 5 years later when I met my now wife, it turned out she knew him and she and her previous lad had been on a double date with him and his girlfriend when he was back from the States at one point. It's a small world!

I always find it a bit weird Davie Weir doesn't get more credit from our fans. He's never really in a conversation for recognition (like having his name with the greats in the away stand)

I think he was comfortably the best player I'd seen play for us, even in the bleak Lambie times. Stood out a mile as being destined for a top team.

I know he wasn't with us all that long but neither was Stainrod. Think Weir played twice as many games as Simon.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Cameron has gone full 'Naisy ooot' ... having breenged on about how great he was two weeks ago when they drew with the Currants. 

Proper Heads Gone. 

Absolutely no chance of Cameron showing his raging ugly puss on Falkirk daft again after his hilarious match prediction and general comments about us last week. However he does do the Big Scottish Football Podcast which John produces. Last week there was a special Amarillo tribute for the co-host Pars fan, expecting something equally fitting this time around 

5 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Does any know if there is a Junior Bairns sign up day at the stadium today? I’m convinced that I saw an advert for it previously but can’t find it anywhere

From the email from Sarah 

Just again a wee reminder if you have still to join.  Come along on Sunday 18th to the Kevin McAllister stand (upstairs in the Brockville Lounge) between 1 pm and 3 pm.  We look forward to seeing you then.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

First game yesterday for a couple of years probably but walked down to the ground on the coasters side then the path just ended so we crossed the road between cars coming and then that path just ended too and us and maybe a dozen others were walking on the road with cars coming off the roundabout.

There was probably signs up to divert on the way down but I didn't notice them. Hopefully it's not like that long because someone will get hit.

5 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

First game yesterday for a couple of years probably but walked down to the ground on the coasters side then the path just ended so we crossed the road between cars coming and then that path just ended too and us and maybe a dozen others were walking on the road with cars coming off the roundabout.

There was probably signs up to divert on the way down but I didn't notice them. Hopefully it's not like that long because someone will get hit.

It’ll be like that at least the rest of the season.  There are diversion signs (down into the Bog) but they’re small and the diversion takes ages.

ironically the works are to make it better for pedestrians…

eta - how was the kebab?

Edited by Disco Duck

Steady on lads, any more of this nonsense and you might come up here to enjoy Tavernier’s penalties, the VAR shitshow, absolute top drawer refereeing, the ugly arsecheeks songbooks, and fcuk me, the prospect of a Falkirk v Dundee thread on here gives me the fear.

Please God, no. Just no. 😜

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Steady on lads, any more of this nonsense and you might come up here to enjoy Tavernier’s penalties, the VAR shitshow, absolute top drawer refereeing, the ugly arsecheeks songbooks, and fcuk me, the prospect of a Falkirk v Dundee thread on here gives me the fear.

Please God, no. Just no. 😜

Why Dundee?

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I always find it a bit weird Davie Weir doesn't get more credit from our fans. He's never really in a conversation for recognition (like having his name with the greats in the away stand)

I think he was comfortably the best player I'd seen play for us, even in the bleak Lambie times. Stood out a mile as being destined for a top team.

I know he wasn't with us all that long but neither was Stainrod. Think Weir played twice as many games as Simon.

What David Weir had was understated class. His positioning and reading of the game meant he was always at the right place at the right time hence the under appreciation.