The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Happy with that. Don't think we have the squad depth for a sustained cup run and potential injuries that come with it so would rather take the cash and plow it into the league campaign. 

Yeah. If you're not getting a home draw then this is the best option. 

Rodgers just casually giving himself.some credit for McGlynns time at Raith and us there 😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does anyone know who this is in the squad/staff photo ?

bb033eb1-7f07-496f-a5fb-9e038bbd6221.jpeg

Sports science student I believe. Probably getting work experience. I have his name but as I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere by the club I won't put it up just in case he prefers to be anonymous. 

Andy Tannahill is the analyst and he was announced after he joined us. 

It’s a good draw for all the reasons stated. My only note of caution would be that Celtic are on another level to the rest of the teams in the country and I’d hope we could avoid a tanking for the fear it could dent confidence and bleed in the the league campaign. Don’t think this bunch are like that though and I’m sure McGlynn would prevent that from happening.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It’s a good draw for all the reasons stated. My only note of caution would be that Celtic are on another level to the rest of the teams in the country and I’d hope we could avoid a tanking for the fear it could dent confidence and bleed in the the league campaign. Don’t think this bunch are like that though and I’m sure McGlynn would prevent that from happening.

Then play the young guys and get them experience 🙂

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Think you’re entitled to 5% of tickets? So 3000 if we want them. 

Bigger in cup ties I think although 3000 would be enough 

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Unless you’ve got a Giraffes neck and height, and can see round steelwork. 

Maybe Kevin James will be there. At least he can then update the rest of our crowd re what’s happening….

13 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sports science student I believe. Probably getting work experience. I have his name but as I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere by the club I won't put it up just in case he prefers to be anonymous. 

Andy Tannahill is the analyst and he was announced after he joined us. 

Thanks mate - appreciate that.

5 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Try 2 new players and miller, Alfie, Mackie, and Ross all extended. This game will give the club a minimum of 200k.

Well north of that I think. St Johnstone got just about that yesterday and it was 50% full plus increased prize money. Nearer £400k I think