The Falkirk FC Thread

To be fair to Barrowman, he is now a completely different player to what he was the first time he was at County. He creates chances for others and chases everything down. I'm sure if he reverted back to his poacher role then he might score a few more. I certainly hope he stays at County with the arrival of McMenamin.

Although I've only seen Barrowman 3 times this season, Yoda's description fits perfectly with what I saw - a player deployed in the "Finnigan" role, but with less niggling. He created chances, tracked back often and in the last game at TFS he was doing a lot of midfield work too. A replacement for Finnigan rather than Stewart methinks.

Should be a decent acquisition if the rumours are true. I'm not expecting a goal machine if he signs, but a real workhorse upfront.

Would like Greg Stewart as well. I think a Barrowman Greg Stewart partnership would work rather well.

Although I've only seen Barrowman 3 times this season, Yoda's description fits perfectly with what I saw - a player deployed in the "Finnigan" role, but with less niggling. He created chances, tracked back often and in the last game at TFS he was doing a lot of midfield work too. A replacement for Finnigan rather than Stewart methinks.

Should be a decent acquisition if the rumours are true. I'm not expecting a goal machine if he signs, but a real workhorse upfront.

Would like Greg Stewart as well. I think a Barrowman Greg Stewart partnership would work rather well.

I completly agree

If indeed that would be the case I'd much rather we'd have kept Finnigan. He was our only attacking player to carry any sort of aerial threat and if we don't replace that then we'll miss it big time next season.

If indeed that would be the case I'd much rather we'd have kept Finnigan. He was our only attacking player to carry any sort of aerial threat and if we don't replace that then we'll miss it big time next season.

Right, as no surprise to people I always stick up for Finnigan. Alright he didn't score enought but who won all they balls in the air? McManus and Stewart won nothing in the air and that is why I wanted to keep Finnigan.

With all the other clubs in the division getting their squads settled for next season, I would just like to sign anybody.....please. It's only a month till pre-season training starts. Are we looking to leave signings as late as possible so as to save a few weeks wages? Bit of a gamble that

With all the other clubs in the division getting their squads settled for next season, I would just like to sign anybody.....please. It's only a month till pre-season training starts. Are we looking to leave signings as late as possible so as to save a few weeks wages? Bit of a gamble that

I'd have thought it makes perfect sense financially. In fact, wouldn't be surprised to see players arrive much closer to the first game of the season than the first day of training.

Also, players missing out on Pressley's instructions over the summer months can only be a positive thing.

Edited by H_B

The mural's are superb, well worth the time spent and all the effort.

Anyway.....

The Metro reports Killie and St Mirren in for Tam Scobbie. We are looking for a fee as he's under contract and Pressley saying something about seeing what Scobbie wants.

I'm in two minds about this. We all know his limitations but I feel he may be just the kind of player that we can't afford to lose at this time. He knows the club inside out, looks to be the natural choice as skipper, is already the most experienced player at the club and will leave us with Duffie at the back.

Best of luck to him if he does go. I can't see there being a lot of money involved but I'm sure there will be enough offered to force our hand.

I'd imagine if clubs are looking to pick off the likes of Scobbie we will probably lose Stewart and Flynn.

f**k me, bemoaning the loss of Scobbie and Stewart :P

The mural's are superb, well worth the time spent and all the effort.

Anyway.....

The Metro reports Killie and St Mirren in for Tam Scobbie. We are looking for a fee as he's under contract and Pressley saying something about seeing what Scobbie wants.

I'm in two minds about this. We all know his limitations but I feel he may be just the kind of player that we can't afford to lose at this time. He knows the club inside out, looks to be the natural choice as skipper, is already the most experienced player at the club and will leave us with Duffie at the back.

Best of luck to him if he does go. I can't see there being a lot of money involved but I'm sure there will be enough offered to force our hand.

I'd imagine if clubs are looking to pick off the likes of Scobbie we will probably lose Stewart and Flynn.

f**k me, bemoaning the loss of Scobbie and Stewart :P

I'd take pretty much any fee we can get for Scobbie. He's a decent enough player for us but if we can move him on for a few thousand I think we would be able to pick up a better player on a free. Not that I'd imagine Killie or St Mirren would be able to offer anything significant.

They're beautiful.

Stunning indeed.

Im presuming that since the club are skint that this was some freebie from a kind Falkirk fan or we were given a grant or something?

Stunning indeed.

Im presuming that since the club are skint that this was some freebie from a kind Falkirk fan or we were given a grant or something?

Weir and Parks are the others.

It was money raised by TBS that paid for them.

Syd Puddefoot is one ;)

Syd had to be included. The one and only time Falkirk (or any Scottish club for that matter) have held the world record for a transfer fee.

You've probably all gone on OneF to have a look (and pretended you never... :rolleyes: ) but the other side has Houstie, McGivern, Stainrod, Kenny Dawson, James, Barr, Arfield and Latapy.

Full marks to TBS guys - these look tremendous.

Let's face it, we aren't going to be anywhere near mounting any kind of title challenge next season so it makes financial sense. We'll be looking at third or fourth at best, I reckon.

Let's face it, we aren't going to be anywhere near mounting any kind of title challenge next season so it makes financial sense. We'll be looking at third or fourth at best, I reckon.

I guess we still haven't got much to go on, and (I hope) our cleansing process isn't finished yet, but I think you're right. Next season is one where we're more likely to be battling over the bottom two places rather than the top two. Thing is, that's actually ok. Provided we are doing it without our clown prince of an MD, then at least I'll have some faith that our mistakes are honest footballing ones, and not from the rank incompetence, neglect and ego tripping of one individual.

I'd go as far to say that the quicker he gets the hell of out of Dodge, the quicker the club can get on with repairing the extensive damage he has inflicted upon it.