The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't think it's a big secret that I'm not Pressley's biggest fan, but I don't think I'd actually sack him yet (even if money was no object). He did just about enough to earn a new contract for this season IMO, but three years was obviously absolutely ridiculous. Whilst I think he's a shite manager and an utter, utter c**t, I'd see where we are after our next five games, which are absolutely massive:

Hamilton away

Cowdenbeath home

Airdrie Utd away

Dunfermline home

Dumbarton away

Pretty depressing that those are such big games but I'd be inclined to see where we are after those before I start burning brown shoe wearing effigies.

Get Martin Richie to fook, the fact we waited and waited on Farid to get back to us about his contract offer and they never even bothered to offer Millar a new contract is shocking.

We miss him more than Farid and I don't think anyone will disagree with this.

Listen guys, reassuring words here, Falkirk FC will not be in a relegation battle come April/May, we'll be just fine with an average mid-table finish the worst case scenario.

Edited by RobBairn1876

Listen guys, reassuring words here, Falkirk FC will not be in a relegation battle come April/May, we'll be just fine with an average mid-table finish the worst case scenario.

I dont think any of us are thinking that scenario......but Sunday was clueless as it has been so far, there seems to be unrest in the squad again, two wonder goals, a lucky goal and a penalty tis not good so far if we are having to rely on wonder goals, flukes and penalties to score

Next five games will kinda tell us a hell of a lot more.....good form we would be looking at 12pts, current form 7pts and perhaps being generous of which I fully expect us to lose to one of the Cowden, Airdrie or Dumbarton games at the moment

Its all so much like two seasons ago, shite formations, defence looking like no one knows each other and a midfield that is far to defensive.....The Elvis management learning curve has went back to step 1 again....... :(

http://www.falkirkfc.tv/index.php/live-schedule/129-martin-ritchie-interview

Free interview with Ritchie, must watch for all Falkirk supporters.

Excellent questions from Tom Paterson, covers a lot of ground and a number of key issues. Ritchie continues to push the inexperience line which I disagree with (everyone except Dale Fulton has at least a year of first team football). In saying that, I think Ritchie really does appreciate this isn't good enough so far.

Funnily enough Ritchie is "away that week" for the Q&A session which the Supporters' Society have organised :lol:

Just watched the interview. The idea that whilst in the 1st Division, we need to sell one player a year to survive is criminal. With the current team, who would you be able to sell? Duffie? Not on current form, though he's the likeliest target.

Soft loans to be paid back over 10 years from last years, so another 9 years(if we remain in the first division) of this budget = shite.

It may be "shite" in your opinion to pay back these loans, but it is 100% the correct thing to do IMO. Even allowing for that, where do you think we are in a league table in terms of budgets? It's all speculation of course but I'd be surprised if we're not second or third. "This budget" should certainly still have us as competitive at the top end of the table and it's another myth along with the "inexperienced" line for me.

Just watched the interview. The idea that whilst in the 1st Division, we need to sell one player a year to survive is criminal. With the current team, who would you be able to sell? Duffie? Not on current form, though he's the likeliest target.

Soft loans to be paid back over 10 years from last years, so another 9 years(if we remain in the first division) of this budget = shite.

Pretty much covers my thots on the interview......

Also Im sure the figures were 500k soft loans paid over 10yr.......last season we had 400k in transfer fees, bonuses with Arfield promotion, dunno if bonus included Higgy and Wallace and add Ramsden cup win, Celtic Semi which would have seen at least 600k coming in last season which shouldnt really be on our budget

I wasnt convinced on his four coaches answer, I dont know if anyone can confirm but I am sure we have other coaches who are not in the dug out during games.....

Plus side tho, its good to see that they are not happy with the start and not hiding when performances have been poor, still wouldve liked a question regarding Leahy as we cant afford to sign players on 2yr contracts to not be outside the match day squad

It may be "shite" in your opinion to pay back these loans, but it is 100% the correct thing to do IMO. Even allowing for that, where do you think we are in a league table in terms of budgets? It's all speculation of course but I'd be surprised if we're not second or third. "This budget" should certainly still have us as competitive at the top end of the table and it's another myth along with the "inexperienced" line for me.

Of course its not shite to pay loans back to people who gave us money, it is of course the correct thing to do. But having a business model that forces you to sell a player every year knocks progress, and thats if we even manage to sell a player, if we don't manage it we're financially screwed, again. I reckon it'll be up there with the top teams, but don't think we'll be the highest by a long way.

Of course its not shite to pay loans back to people who gave us money, it is of course the correct thing to do. But having a business model that forces you to sell a player every year knocks progress, and thats if we even manage to sell a player, if we don't manage it we're financially screwed, again. I reckon it'll be up there with the top teams, but don't think we'll be the highest by a long way.

To me it all depends on who these people we owe are. If their people with no relation to the club then yes get them paid back as quick as possible but if their members of the board then f**k them as far as I'm concerned as their the reason we're in this mess financially in the first place.

I also can't belive that robbairn 1876 on this thread who thinks that midtable is a bonus and we won't get relegated . Come on for fucks sake . We've got the best stadium, training facilities and biggest season ticket base in the league. We should not be seeing midtable as acceptable. We might aswell give up if thats the case.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Ive not watched the interview, but I'm stunned if he's saying that we only paid back one-tenth of the soft loans last season? Where the f**k has the money from Wallace/Higgy/Arfield/two cup runs gone?

Current form is current form, things will get better in time and we're at a bit of a low ebb at the moment. Our natural place in things is top of Div1/bottom of SPL and we'll gravitate back to that - assuming that the people in charge of the club don't f**k us up financially. Look what that did to Morton and Livi - both similar sized clubs to us.

Worrying. If I were BairnsTrust or whatever they've rebranded as, I would be asking to see a cash flow statement (not a P&L) for the last year, and a clear statement of what is still to be repaid, along with terms.

I'm starting to dread "I told you so" from Fifespud...

Ive not watched the interview, but I'm stunned if he's saying that we only paid back one-tenth of the soft loans last season? Where the f**k has the money from Wallace/Higgy/Arfield/two cup runs gone?

Current form is current form, things will get better in time and we're at a bit of a low ebb at the moment. Our natural place in things is top of Div1/bottom of SPL and we'll gravitate back to that - assuming that the people in charge of the club don't f**k us up financially. Look what that did to Morton and Livi - both similar sized clubs to us.

Worrying. If I were BairnsTrust or whatever they've rebranded as, I would be asking to see a cash flow statement (not a P&L) for the last year, and a clear statement of what is still to be repaid, along with terms.

I'm starting to dread "I told you so" from Fifespud...

If you honestly think that Livingston are a club similar in size to Falkirk just find out how many of their fans were there on Sunday.

If you honestly think that Livingston are a club similar in size to Falkirk just find out how many of their fans were there on Sunday.

I would class St Johnstone, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, ICT, Dundee, Livi, Partick, Hamilton, Morton, Dunfermline, Raith, and us as the same size of club, at varying points in their cycle at the moment.

I certainly remember that when the accounts came out the inference was that all of the soft loans were repaid out of last year's profits.

I had no idea Falkirk had any soft loans remaining.