The Falkirk FC Thread

It's up there with the Mark Stewart cash in the daylight robbery stakes

Haha, maybe in retrospect but Swansea might think they're onto something here. Bradford were paying through the nose for a player they'd already released. That was amazing.

Looking at Swansea's signings particularly at youth level, it seems like a scattergun approach. Sign up loads of youth players for less than £500k and hope that one or two of them make the grade. That level of money is meaningless to them.

Haha, maybe in retrospect but Swansea might think they're onto something here. Bradford were paying through the nose for a player they'd already released. That was amazing.

Looking at Swansea's signings particularly at youth level, it seems like a scattergun approach. Sign up loads of youth players for less than £500k and hope that one or two of them make the grade. That level of money is meaningless to them.

I think plenty of clubs in England do the same, which is the most infuriating thing about it, they have so much money they can buy 30 biabis and hope one or 2 make it whilst we have our talent continually drained from our league, was Fulton even on the bench all that much? Was he in the squad for the Chelsea game?

mcgrandles was a lot of money by Scottish standards yet Wikipedia had him making 5 (five!) appearances last season and if they didntt play him in the championship I can't see him playing much this season

The prices for the cup game at Firhill is £12 adults, £8 concessions and under 16s free. It would be nice to see a healthy away support there. How many would you expect?

Couple of hundred for a mid-week league cup game I'd imagine. Good pricing though so hopefully a bit more.

Hopefully him and not Vaulks anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if Hbs are sniffing about again with the Allen money soon to be burning a hole in their pockets. Still disappointing to see players continually going out the door whilst we struggle to bring in anyone.

Hopefully him and not Vaulks anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if Hbs are sniffing about again with the Allen money soon to be burning a hole in their pockets. Still disappointing to see players continually going out the door whilst we struggle to bring in anyone.

I wonder if we will have the "we wont sell to our competition" attitude like Hibs have done with Allen if they come for Vaulks? We certainly don't need the cash which should make us stronger.

I have my doubts. Anything 6 figures and he'll be away with the cash disappearing into the same black hole as the other transfer fees and Scottish cup final money. Club will then announce the signing of Lee Miller to appease all the happy clappers.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I have my doubts. Anything 6 figures and he'll be away with the cash disappearing into the same black hole as the other transfer fees and Scottish cup final money. Club will then announce the signing of Lee Miller to appease all the happy clappers.

Think that would appease all you moaners and doomsday merchants more to be honest.