The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Everytime Oliver's started he's shown why Nesbitt is preferred to him. We need better next season.

Unfortunately that’s the case every time he gets the nod. He’s always going to be an impact sub and have a bit of sympathy with guy as for me  a better player coming off the bench.

23 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I'm told he cost us 20K. So 40 back - deal?

(Actually i like him, sadly he just doesn't fit into our ways of playing).

I’d happily pay for 40 if it was a 2 year contract. I think the reason you guys got him for 20 was because there was 6 months remaining on his contract.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There is a lot of rose tinted pish spouted about Brockville.

Of course there were great times there but I would suggest there were probably more forgettable or miserable times.

You have mentioned to me on more than one occasion the rain drenched midweek match when we were the only two people on the Hope Street terracing in the 80’s against Cowdenbeath (I think).

More than happy to be watching my football at the Bairnabeu and the whining about lack of atmosphere has been blown out of the water this season.

I think it was Meadowbank and we lost heavily 

11 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

I’d happily pay for 40 if it was a 2 year contract. I think the reason you guys got him for 20 was because there was 6 months remaining on his contract.

Its his contract that's the issue I would think. He's full time and you aren't so unless he wants to give up a decent full time contract with us or Clyde are willing to pay him what he's on at us despite being part time the its going to be a struggle. There may be a few full time clubs that would be interested in him after a successful spell with you too.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Which have resulted in boards being  replaced and now fan ownership of the club. Will the foundation board be being replaced due to this cockup?

One team folding? Grow up. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Everytime Oliver's started he's shown why Nesbitt is preferred to him. We need better next season.

I agree. We want someone who’s going to challenge Nesbitt for the position. Oliver has been fantastic as an impact sub this season but if he’s not a starter in league 1 he’s not going to be a starter in the championship. 

We should let him go with best wishes. 

18 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

One team folding? Grow up. 

In the middle of a season screwing up the whole league for everyone else. Not as if it's kids football we're talking about. The full statement from womens football is scathing in regard to the foundation.

26 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

What’s with this dude suddenly appearing and bringing pure negativity to the thread?

We can all greet about the foundation when we’re struggling next season.

Apart from one post in 2023 he hasn’t posted in 17 years. Very strange. One would almost suspect AGENDA!

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

In the middle of a season screwing up the whole league for everyone else. Not as if it's kids football we're talking about. The full statement from womens football is scathing in regard to the foundation.

Are you new to football? It happens all the time and it's happened in the women's league since. You're a wee bit blinkered. 

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There is a lot of rose tinted pish spouted about Brockville.

Of course there were great times there but I would suggest there were probably more forgettable or miserable times.

You have mentioned to me on more than one occasion the rain drenched midweek match when we were the only two people on the Hope Street terracing in the 80’s against Cowdenbeath (I think).

More than happy to be watching my football at the Bairnabeu and the whining about lack of atmosphere has been blown out of the water this season.

You don't know the 1/2 of it. Crowds of 500, part time, terrible football, no way forward out the situation it was dire. If it was not for Moffat and Allan there would be no club.

12 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

It's a forum. 

nae shit sherlock but could you do us all a favour and explain what the f**k your point is and stop talking in riddles, answering my earlier question would be a good place to start. that or STFU

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

In the middle of the night..... In my dreams.

You should see the things we do....

Baby

b25lY21zOjAyYjc2Y2MwLTUyYzEtNDcwMi1iYjJlLTA5OTY5Y2NjYWQ3OTpmZTIyMTg4Zi01Mjk3LTRhMWItYWMyMi00NGIwM2NjYzc4ODg=.jpg

captures the moment, what a season he's had.

43 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

Are you new to football? It happens all the time and it's happened in the women's league since. You're a wee bit blinkered. 

An ach feck it it happens all the time attitude  isn't going to increase the credibility of  women's football any time soon and isn't exactly fair on the women who play in that league and the people who spend time organising it.