The Falkirk FC Thread

On 19/04/2024 at 12:15, Newbornbairn said:

Strips aren't out. There's only the small available with the hoodie now 

Think I got the last “large”.  Fantastic, great quality.  I’m too old for a strip but this will do nicely.

10 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

83 tickets left for the Alloa game now with almost half being single seats. Imagine the next block will be getting opened up this week

Screenshot2024-04-22at11_38_55.thumb.png.1901691dd8e8f7ca1d48e4cdebcef2a2.png

Any significance of single seats, is it not sit anywhere like the KM7?

44 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Great turnout, hope that a good lot of these fans that maybe have lapsed or gave up continue to attend next season. 

I now know 5 that are going.

3 Rangers and two Celtic fans all from Falkirk, and Celtic are home to Hearts at 3pm that day as well.

I just rolled my eyes at them, doesn't surprise me.

Just now, SuperTuesday said:

3 Rangers and two Celtic fans all from Falkirk, and Celtic are home to Hearts at 3pm that day as well.

There will also be ground hoppers there to hopefully see a piece of Scottish football history. 

One of the only good things about being totally rancid for years was it was so much easier to go for a pie and a pish in the stadium than it has been recently. The trade-offs of success I suppose…

32 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

One of the only good things about being totally rancid for years was it was so much easier to go for a pie and a pish in the stadium than it has been recently. The trade-offs of success I suppose…

is the Bovril really that bad?

The way I see it, roughly

4000 - our core support, at least 3.5k of which have proved over the last few years that they will turn up literally no matter what 
500 - fairweather fans, happy to come along when the team is playing well, nicely demonstrated by this season
500 - the more casual fans who will come along every week next season given the general optimism around the club. The same ones that turned out when we were in the spl and will the next time we reach the premiership

That gives around 5k who I would genuinely class as Falkirk fans who actively follow the club and will regularly buy tickets, tops, other merch etc most seasons. That leaves

500 - very casual falkirk fans who will turn up for play off games, when we play Dunfermline and other big matches
1500 - day trippers coming to the Alloa game with a limited connection to the club that live in the town eg family or partners of falkirk fans, or friends of falkirk fans (which usually support the arsecheeks or occasionally another scottish club). This group swells by thousands more for cup semis and finals.

It's that last 2k which is crucial to tap into in order to continually build the support of the club, but also the hardest to do. If we can tempt back even 1 in 20 of them next season that will be good going 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

4 hours ago, SuperTuesday said:

They are not fans! they are trophy hunters and should be treated accordingly with parody and disdain, although they are good entertainment value as they justify their support for the arse cheeks. Years ago there was a Rangers fan who drank in the Black Bull Polmont. The more his justification was laughed at, the more absurd he became.

I haven’t got an issue with fans of other clubs coming to our games, as long as it doesn’t stop regulars getting tickets. My mate is a cream bun but comes to maybe 10 of our games a season, he has done this for years as his laddies are both Bairns fans. He also comes to hospitality with me when I go for the day out and it’s him who buys his laddies Falkirk tops when they come out. I’m no lover of either side of the ugly sisters but it’s money into the coffers and who knows some of them might see the light.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I haven’t got an issue with fans of other clubs coming to our games, as long as it doesn’t stop regulars getting tickets. My mate is a cream bun but comes to maybe 10 of our games a season, he has done this for years as his laddies are both Bairns fans. He also comes to hospitality with me when I go for the day out and it’s him who buys his laddies Falkirk tops when they come out. I’m no lover of either side of the ugly sisters but it’s money into the coffers and who knows some of them might see the light.

Pretty much my view @Harry Kinnear

The only 2 reasons I can think that we wouldn't want non regular fans to come to games are

(1) they cause trouble - very unlikely

(2) they take a more regular fans seat - won't/shouldn't happen

We should be encouraging as many non regulars as we can as often as we can. More fans means more atmosphere, bigger crowds, more money, more success and more likely to tempt players to our club.

Been covered before but there are loads of reasons people don't go to games regularly and to alienate them isn't sensible. Look at the amount of overseas guys on here who contribute to FSS etc as an example. People don't live locally, they get ill, they live away, they can't afford it, they become students, they have no-one to go with, they work shifts, they care for someone - there's literally a million reasons folks cant get to every/most games. My daughters had other commitments on Saturdays (after years of being season ticket holders) and only now are able to start getting back again to some games so people come and go dependant upon their life cycle. I get the feeling some of the folks that go on about "day trippers" on here are because they've lived in Falkirk all their lives and work 9-5 Monday to Friday. Great if that's the case but not everyone is in that position