The Falkirk FC Thread

53 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s fine - just checking.

All fan bases have fanny’s in them - just thought the acts of the North West Ultras that night was particularly low.

No idea wtf you're wittering on about. I couldn't care less about anyone who goes looking for bother in any circumstance, regardless of any team. It's w****r behaviour and Falkirk have some right wankers in their support, the Fear or whatever they call themselves. You'd be better rethinking your banter strategy. 

2 minutes ago, North West said:

No idea wtf you're wittering on about. I couldn't care less about anyone who goes looking for bother in any circumstance, regardless of any team. It's w****r behaviour and Falkirk have some right wankers in their support, the Fear or whatever they call themselves. You'd be better rethinking your banter strategy. 

that's what you're doing here mate 🤣

Welcome back, after serving your time..

What are your expectations for this season,  is it the normal happy with 8th place or go for it with the possibility of promotion it looks pretty open this season and. Should be a cracker..

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Passionate said:

What are your expectations for this season,  is it the normal happy with 8th place or go for it with the possibility of promotion it looks pretty open this season and. Should be a cracker..

There are probably 7 or 8 sides this season that will realistically be targeting promotion and/or a play off place but the league will be tight and I’d wager they’ll be very little between the side that does finish 8th and the teams challenging to win the league. Falkirk should be targeting the promotion play offs as a minimum but  could realistically end up anywhere just purely on the nature of division this season. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

7 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Aim for the promotion playoffs but have the league won by December.

15 minutes ago, North West said:

Lot of swearing in there. You are very, very aggressive. It’s only banter mate.

7 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Thank you, it’s good to be back.

I honestly don’t know how we will fair this season, we have kept the majority of last seasons squad who were fantastic and will still hopefully add a couple of others.

I could see us having a chance to challenge for play offs but we could just as easily struggle.

I’ve never seen a league before where I would say everyone must fancy their chances of doing well but on the same hand be wary of getting dragged into a relegation battle.

All I will say is I am really looking forward to it as most Bairns fans are and banter aside it will be great to see decent amounts of away fans again.

53 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Forgot to say bye lads 👋, how's things up there ?

It's like going go heaven then finding out the big man wasn't too fussy about who he let in.

Season 1 Fish GIF by Nanalan'

1 hour ago, North West said:

I couldn't care less about anyone who goes looking for bother in any circumstance, regardless of any team.

Irony is clearly lost on this guy 🙄

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

So many variables at this point of time it would be no more than wishful thinking.

1. How will last season's heroes preform in a higher league

2. Falkirk's new signings

3. Other team's new signings

We will know the score on the doors after the 1st quarter of the season

Feelings? It will be tight, with the likes of 12 points (4 wins) being the difference between a play off place for promotion and relegation.

It will be some season with surprising results all round. That has got to be good for the game as fans are enticed to watch the unfolding ups and downs of the season. 

For me, I expect us to be safe from relegation as a minimum.  I’ll be reasonably happy finishing the season with nothing to play for.  I think we may be capable of 3rd or 4th but it will take a fair wind.

Our unity & togetherness on & off the pitch now shouldn’t be discounted by us or other teams. In some matches, it will be a difference maker. 

I think we’ll surprise some teams this season. 

No idea how we’ll do. I’ll take a bit of consolidation, while hoping secretly for Invincibles II. Only certainty in this division is Morton for the drop. 

We could do with finishing third or fourth with the prize money that would help the coffers. Like others have said not too sure where we will finish, a lot will depend on who we bring in and don't get too many injuries. The championship is a wild league though it's impossible to predict.