The Falkirk FC Thread

On 05/06/2024 at 19:17, Bigbrbairn said:

Think it is time that we introduced development players into squad or decent prospects will not see a good career pathway and we could lose a few

Question is, are they good enough?

13 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

You're off your rocker if you think Donaldson or Lang are better than Hanlon, even in his older years. Both Hanlon and Stevenson would improve that Falkirk team, they'll improve the Raith team and I'd have taken them at Dunfermline because they'd have improved us. Donaldson and Lang would not improve what Dunfermline or Raith have.

Sounds like Raith outbid you for Hanlon 

Posted (edited)

Another promotion for Falkirk. Back to the big forums.

Can't wait for Merchandise for this to come out. Mugs, beach towels, T Shirts, i'll buy the f.king lot

Edited by ChrispPancake

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

I don’t really get our fans saying Hanlon wouldn’t get into our team. Of course he would. 

Raith are in a completely different position to us and unfortunately for us we won’t be shopping in the same market as Raith

I would've taken Hanlon but if it was a choice between a 3 year deal or no deal I'm glad he's went to Raith

7 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Short sub exposure would be good test for that

I'd imagine like last season they'll all get their chance to impress in preseason but in reality it's much better for them to go out on loan and play every week than come on for 10 minutes with us every now and then.

As others have said, finish above Raith then I think you'll win the league. If we don't win the league (and I think we'd have to have a super-stellar season to do that), I'd rather it was them who go up, just to see how the plastic pitch farce pans out.

The only way I see Raith not winning it is someone having a super-stellar season, or if Murray gets head-hunted for a bigger job.

9 hours ago, AndrewFFC said:

I would've taken Hanlon but if it was a choice between a 3 year deal or no deal I'm glad he's went to Raith

I totally agree with this. I was getting at the fans making out like they don’t think Hanlon is good enough for us 

On 06/06/2024 at 08:49, The Toun Clock said:

You're off your rocker if you think Donaldson or Lang are better than Hanlon, even in his older years. Both Hanlon and Stevenson would improve that Falkirk team, they'll improve the Raith team and I'd have taken them at Dunfermline because they'd have improved us. Donaldson and Lang would not improve what Dunfermline or Raith have.

I’m sure you are aware of this but we can’t compete with what Raith are offering players in wages.

I think Hanlon is a good signing for the Championship and will do well in this league.  I’m not sure about the 3 year deal though.

Raith will have a good chance of promotion and if they do go up he’ll need replaced as want good enough for the Premiership last season and will be over 1 year older by then. 

Like the majority of fans, I’m not sure Stevenson, who’ll be 37 in January is that great a signing.

11 hours ago, Ontovictory said:

Question is, are they good enough?

Will only find that out if they play.

Put some on the bench, with a game well won give them a run for the last 20 minutes.

Experienced pro alongside to keep them right will bring them on more than any amount of coaching.

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Will only find that out if they play.

Put some on the bench, with a game well won give them a run for the last 20 minutes.

Experienced pro alongside to keep them right will bring them on more than any amount of coaching.

Far better going out on loan and starting every week than sitting on our bench or in the stand (which is where they will be if we have a fully fit squad).

10 hours ago, AndrewFFC said:

They've probably had to give him three years on a decent wage to fight off interest from other clubs, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of coaching role involved further down the line aswell. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

They've probably had to give him three years on a decent wage to fight off interest from other clubs, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of coaching role involved further down the line aswell. 

Hanlon and Stevenson to be the new RR management when Murray and Cameron move on

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m sure you are aware of this but we can’t compete with what Raith are offering players in wages.

I think Hanlon is a good signing for the Championship and will do well in this league.  I’m not sure about the 3 year deal though.

Raith will have a good chance of promotion and if they do go up he’ll need replaced as want good enough for the Premiership last season and will be over 1 year older by then. 

Like the majority of fans, I’m not sure Stevenson, who’ll be 37 in January is that great a signing.

If we were going to be pushing the boat out for a player on a 3 year contract then it certainly wouldn't be a centrehalf in my opinion.  A 36 year old fullback on a 2 year deal is another one I'd be very wary of.  Neither have played a lot of football over the last year either.  Were they not both in the side we pumped out the playoffs that night at TFS.

Just noticed Queens Park are playing at their wee stadium until at least the 5th of September before returning to Hampden. This will more than likely include a good few league home games. How is this allowed?