The Falkirk FC Thread

You think Sevco would jump at the chance of a plastic pitch, then they wouldn't have to play on green grass.

They could have any colour that they want, just like pool tables. Or American football pitches. Blue or orange would be my guess.

Edit: might clash with their kit, mind. 😋

Double edit: although Celtic play in green and on green grass!

Texas high school installs Panther Blue turf

Football Stadiums: Wishing Massillon had an Orange Field

Edited by Bairn in Exile
I'm a Silly Billy

47 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Fantastic playing surface for the Denmark game last night 🤣🤣🤣

But you have to remember that a grass pitch, no matter the state of it, is always better than the best artificial pitch. 🤣🤣🤣

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They have too many season ticket holders to do that.

19 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

The word is the crane that's been sat on the pitch has killed off the grass and rather than manoeuvre it in-and-out they want to leave it in situ until the work is complete and make good the pitch once. 

F*ck them, that's their lookout. Fine them and they forfeit the matches they can't play

4 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

F*ck them, that's their lookout. Fine them and they forfeit the matches they can't play

So expecting them to get the same fine as Dundee £200K ? For having a pitch that’s unplayable ? 

Ma Fckn arse, there will not be a whimper.

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So expecting them to get the same fine as Dundee £200K ? For having a pitch that’s unplayable ? 

Ma Fckn arse, there will not be a whimper.

Correct me if I’m wrong, was it not Rangers who complained bitterly about Dundee’s pitch and demanded compensation?

Oh the irony…….

55 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Across the water found this article, thought they would be in the top four. 1900 STs sold so far.

Manager James McPake has appeared frustrated with the lack of business, insisting the Fifers currently ‘can’t compete’ with the likes of Ayr United, Partick Thistle and Raith Rovers in the transfer market.

Why? It's never been more obvious than this summer that season ticket sales do not equate to the ability to compete for players at this level. There are clearly two or three clubs with a very significant budgetary advantage over the rest, and the likes of Raith and Ayr, who are chucking an shedload at it, both have significant financial backing behind them. Partick Thistle I am less sure of, and they have not brought in the same volume of players as the other two, but the likes of Chalmers and Turner are very good signings for this level and won't be on peanuts either. At the other end of the scale are the likes of Airdrie or Morton who have both lost significant players and are having to sign to replace, Airdrie in particular have lost a boatload of experience, McCabe seems to have his work cut out there.

McPake's comments probably have some resonance with our own situation. Highest season ticket sales in the league - and probably by some distance - and we would have been an attractive proposition for a lot of players I feel, but ultimately we're simply not in the conversation for any of these players and don't have much of a budget to do anything compared to these clubs. Annoying, but that's the way it is.

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That a wind up? 

No. They can't close a portion of a stand without forcing season ticket holders to miss games.

You can understand, even when its Rangers, why they're trying to find an alternative?

This thread is very "boomer-y" too. Things didnt work out well for you so it should never work out well for anyone else either type mentality.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No. They can't close a portion of a stand without forcing season ticket holders to miss games.

You can understand, even when its Rangers, why they're trying to find an alternative?

This thread is very "boomer-y" too. Things didnt work out well for you so it should never work out well for anyone else either type mentality.

No, I've kept my counsel on it thus far, but the "what about the season ticket holders" take is absolutely wild. They are customers of a private business. A private business which incidentally, fucked off away fans from the biggest fixture for no reason other than petty spite. 

It's absolutely no business of the league how Rangers fulfil their retail obligations to their fans. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

No, I've kept my counsel on it thus far, but the "what about the season ticket holders" take is absolutely wild. They are customers of a private business. A private business which incidentally, fucked off away fans from the biggest fixture for no reason other than petty spite. 

It's absolutely no business of the league how Rangers fulfil their retail obligations to their fans. 

What?

Rangers won't want to play Ibrox as season ticket holders will miss out. The authorities have learned from previous mistakes and now give more leeway to clubs about ground sharing (at all levels, but the top flights probably shafted everyone by agreeing the stupid "oNly GraSs!!" rule in that league now) at all levels. Queens Park benefit from it more than anyone.

I've genuinely no idea why you're so raging about something that literally doesn't affect you or Falkirk in the slightest.

The Pars ran up a 7 figure loss getting out of League 1 and after a meh season back in the Championship their season ticket sales have been really poor over the summer. Absolutely no surprise if they are tightening their belt accordingly 

I'm not convinced Livi and Ayr are splashing the cash when they're only out-bidding little Morten, but it's clear Raith and Partick have been leading the chase for any quality player that becomes available 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

What?

Rangers won't want to play Ibrox as season ticket holders will miss out. The authorities have learned from previous mistakes and now give more leeway to clubs about ground sharing (at all levels, but the top flights probably shafted everyone by agreeing the stupid "oNly GraSs!!" rule in that league now) at all levels. Queens Park benefit from it more than anyone.

I've genuinely no idea why you're so raging about something that literally doesn't affect you or Falkirk in the slightest.

I'm not raging in the slightest tho, so youl have to forgive me not getting your hyperbole. Maybe its for someone else. 

I was only pointing out that Rangers having ST holders is a god awful reason for why they can't be told to just close part of the ground. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I was only pointing out that Rangers having ST holders is a god awful reason for why they can't be told to just close part of the ground. 

I wasn't saying it was. I was saying thats why Rangers won't do it except as a final resort when all else fails.

Theres precedent of clubs moving stadium when their own is being worked on/isn't fit for purpose, and also precedent for clubs getting away fixtures when requested when their home stadium isn't ready.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I appear to have annoyed the wee Fifers on their page by daring to suggest that they are getting carried away with themselves before a ball is kicked.

Mildly amusing.

East Fife ? 🤣