The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Design is good but 'Red' has never been a colour associated with Falkirk. In White it would have been spot on.

The selection was made on what the marketing think will sell well to the fans.

If it brings more funds into the club, live with it.

As bainsford has said in 88/89 our home kit was red and white stripes and loads of home kits throughout the years have had red in them.

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Design is good but 'Red' has never been a colour associated with Falkirk. In White it would have been spot on.

The selection was made on what the marketing think will sell well to the fans.

If it brings more funds into the club, live with it.

If it was white with navy trim, badge and sponsor it would be a top for the ages in my opinion.  In red and gold it's OK but that's all. May be better when seen on the rail.

I do like that the steeple is being incorporated into all the gear now. Hope this stays for the long term.

Away kits can be any colour, and red has been used many times. Given we change every season now we shouldn’t be too curmudgeonly and create a rule that doesn’t exist about what constitutes a “Falkirk colour”.  Only navy being the dominant home colour should be protected. 

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

As bainsford has said in 88/89 our home kit was red and white stripes and loads of home kits throughout the years have had red in them.

True! 30 years and a blink of the eye in the clubs history. But why Red? The thinking is it will sell to the fans.

If there is a mid-season 3rd strip - make it white, it will out sell the red one no problem.

33 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

True! 30 years and a blink of the eye in the clubs history. But why Red? The thinking is it will sell to the fans.

If there is a mid-season 3rd strip - make it white, it will out sell the red one no problem.

Bainsford bairn was talking about 1888/9.....apparently I was there and saw it in person.🙄

12 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Much prefer white change kits but that is a decent effort.

At least it is not yellow or sky blue which I really don’t like.

The sky blue one we had in the SPL days was a thing of beauty.

12 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Much prefer white change kits but that is a decent effort.

At least it is not yellow or sky blue which I really don’t like.

x1080.thumb.jpeg.a269aed062338d563e58ebc82dda927d.jpeg

14 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We wore red and white stripes in season 1888/89 (or so 60s Bairns told me as he remembered it). I've always wondered why we never tried that for an away top. 

It's not far away now, so I also wonder if the 2026/27 away top might end up with red and blue stripes to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Tottens side getting to the cup final. 

I still have the 1888 strip but it is a wee bit worn and tight around the belly. Think it must have shrunk!